Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Corvettes on the Boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland

Old 09-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Shawn S
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandywine
The 20th annual Corvettes on the Boardwalk sponsored by the Free State Corvette Club will be held Friday October 13, 2006 and Saturday October 14, 2006 in Ocean City, Maryland.

Drive your corvette in a parade down the boardwalk! Last year over 600 vettes participated in the parade down the Ocean City, Maryland boardwalk

All of the information can be obtained from the Free State Corvette Club web site.

http://www.freestatecorvette.com/

Hope to see you there!
I’m a little confused on all the events and fees.
What one(s) do I need to register?
All I want to do is park my car in the display field and do the boardwalk parade on Saturday afternoon.

I’m not concerned about the judging and award events because my late model car is mostly stock and I know people go to these things for the older cars.

I also saw a limitation of 240 cars on the “show field”, but registration is for 600+ and they advertise a parade of 500+ cars.
Are there different parking areas if you’re not being judged?

Can you please clear some of this up and let me know what to register for?

Thanks,
Shawn S
Old 09-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Brandywine
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The following is what you get for the basic registration fee. The shows will be held Saturday morning at the inlet. Following the shows, the show cars and all the registered vettes will be staged at the inlet to parade down the boardwalk.

Participation in the shows requires an additional fee.

This year the Holiday Inn at 6600 Coastal Highway will be the Host Hotel.

Portions of the proceeds from this event sponsor the Spina Bifida Association of Maryland and other area charities.

Please register using our convenient on-line registration form. Just fill in the blanks and submit.

We expect more than 700 Corvettes for this special weekend and some events will be limited, so please register early. You must sign-in and pick up your registration packet in person at the Holiday Inn in Ocean City to participate in any of the events.

You must have passes, which will be included in your registration packet, to participate in any of the events. We recommend that you pick up your registration packet on Friday in order to beat the rush.

All participants in the Friday Night Welcoming Party, Boardwalk Parade, Fun Shows, Rallies and Saturday night dinner must be registered in order to participate. The competitive events will be NCCC sanctioned. All drivers must possess a valid drivers license for all events.

The Weekend Registration Fee entitles you to a variety of privileges, including: Friday Night Welcoming Party at the Holiday Inn with music.
Entrance is FREE to registered participants with their event pass.

Participation in the Boardwalk Parade of Corvettes on Saturday afternoon

Admittance to the Awards Ceremony on Saturday evening

Car Dash plaque (to the first 600 paid registered cars)

Patch and Event Pin (to the first 1200 paid registered participants)

Goody Bag (to the first 300 paid registered cars)

Weekend Pre-Registration Fees
Adults $25.00 (per adult)
Children $8.00 (per child, 12 & under)

Late Weekend Registration Fees
Friday, October 13, 11:00am - 8:00pm (Holiday Inn Conference Center Lobby)
Saturday, October 14, 7:30am - 10:00am (Inlet Parking Lot)
Adults $35.00 (per adult)
Children $10.00 (per child, 12 & under)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvettes on the Boardwalk in Ocean City, Maryland