Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

[CNY] Game Over - Salt shakers have tainted our streets

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:11 PM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default [CNY] Game Over - Salt shakers have tainted our streets

They salted heavy today so no more Corvette cruising this year... although outside of driving the C5 home brand new 9 years ago YESTERDAY (happy belated birthday to my C5)... this was the longest run for me.

I hope we can do more stuff next season, as I did practically nothing as a group this year ...

Merry Christmas everyone and see you in text on here during the long cold winter .

Chuck
Old 12-02-2009, 07:25 AM
INTRUBL
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not drive when the roads are dry? In the winter I try to get it out once every two weeks to keep the battery, owner and fluids happy. Yes you have to deal with some salt dust, but that cleans up alright. My car is going on 8 years and nothing has rotted off, undercarriage still looks pretty good. Enjoy the car, plus it gives you something to look forward to on the weekends and shortens the winter .

Last edited by INTRUBL; 12-02-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:18 AM
Derrick Reynolds
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15, '17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I won't drive my car when there is salt on the roads. The easiest way to prevent a huge amount of rust on your car is to not expose it to road salt. Once the salt goes down, I won't drive my car unless we have had 2-3 good solid rains since the last salt application.

A little sad for me this week though, I hate to drive my car with the soft top up, it's just not comfortable or enjoyable. I have been replacing the weatherstripping on my hard-top hoping to extend my driving season by a month or so with that because when the temp gets much below 60 and I really don't enjoy top-down/off driving. I hope to have the top ready by Friday/Saturday, and they are forecasting snow for Saturday. It looks like my top will be ready on the same day my town douses our roads with salt. Oh well, maybe the top will help me get the car out earlier in 2010!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:00 PM
japc5
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by INTRUBL
Why not drive when the roads are dry? In the winter I try to get it out once every two weeks to keep the battery, owner and fluids happy. Yes you have to deal with some salt dust, but that cleans up alright. My car is going on 8 years and nothing has rotted off, undercarriage still looks pretty good. Enjoy the car, plus it gives you something to look forward to on the weekends and shortens the winter .
You don't know Chuck!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:13 PM
chuck1026
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by japc5
You don't know Chuck!
Yeah, he sure dosen't. I definitely have a problem, but I can live with it .

Seriously, nothing is worse than salt dust, because it can get into places that can't be reached with just your garden hose. nasty stuff indeed. The C5 is off duty while the ZR2 Blazer with brand new BFG All Terrain T/A's can get me through the nasty stuff over the next 4 months... winter got a late start so hopefully we'll be back on the clean roads by Tax Day!

Chuck

Get notified of new replies

To [CNY] Game Over - Salt shakers have tainted our streets

Quick Reply: [CNY] Game Over - Salt shakers have tainted our streets