Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Back from "Back to the Beach"

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:41 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Default Back from "Back to the Beach"

We just got home from the 8th annual Back to the Beach weekend, and what a weekend it was!! Ralph and Sandie, Back to the Beach host and hostess, outdid themselves this year, and we, along with many of the 200+ attendees, consider this THE best weekend they’ve ever held! Even the weather in Old Orchard Beach, Maine cooperated nicely for two out of the four days, and that’s always a plus.

The optional day (Thursday) started out with hot, sunny weather and about 86 people showed up for the first time lobster/steamer clambake that afternoon. It couldn’t get any better, and I think even more people will come for the clambake next year after hearing how great it was. There was a cruise-in scheduled at the “Rock ‘N Roll Diner” in Scarborough later that day, but rain forced an early close to that new event.

Friday’s weather was outstanding, and many hung around the pools with others went on harbor cruises, took tours of the area, shopped or just cruised Maine’s great scenic roads. There was an entertainer/DJ who sang and played our favorite tunes before the delicious Italian buffet was served in the Captain’s Galley in OOB. I have NEVER seen the guests stay so late and dance so much as we all did on Friday night!

Saturday’s weather wasn’t quite as nice as Friday’s, but that didn’t deter anyone’s enthusiasm for showing off their Corvettes all morning at the Captain’s Galley. Afterwards, about 165 Corvettes participated in a cruise-in when the Old Orchard Beach Street was closed to traffic, and the Corvettes took over! Then, we all took off for the police-led parade through the town. The drizzle/rain didn’t bother anyone at all. Everyone wanted to make this year’s first event memorable, and we sure did! Saturday’s dinner was fantastic. The music was playing, the raffles were won, trophies awarded, and people just had a great time.

The changes that Ralph and Sandie made to this weekend will only make B2B even more popular next year. They are always conscious of their guests’ comfort, enjoyment and happiness, and they sure do listen to the feedback. If you haven’t attended before, you may want to put it first on your 2012 must-do things. Check their website at www.back2thebeach.net for upcoming pictures and feedback from those who attended. I heard from quite a few first-time attendees that they loved everything, and they’ll be regulars from now on! I’m glad I’m part of the weekend, and I think you will be also!!

Elaine
Old 06-12-2011, 06:43 PM
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: They say you learn from your mistakes, I must be a genius
Received 248 Likes on 114 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17

Great time as always, Ralph and Sandie do an outstanding job! Already looking forward to next year.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:14 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 96 Vette CE
Great time as always, Ralph and Sandie do an outstanding job! Already looking forward to next year.
just don't be late...
Old 06-13-2011, 06:03 PM
96 Vette CE
Banned Loser
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: They say you learn from your mistakes, I must be a genius
Received 248 Likes on 114 Posts
2017 Corvette of the Year
2016 C4 of Year Finalist
Creator of the "Original" whining and crying thread
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
just don't be late...

LOL, working on getting myself a wrist watch for next year.

If you run out of room for all the trophies you keep winning with that clunker of yours, i have plenty of space in my garage.

Get notified of new replies

To Back from "Back to the Beach"

Quick Reply: Back from "Back to the Beach"