Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

"Vettes to Vets 2011" - Sunday, Sept. 25th - Massachusetts

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 06:42 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Default "Vettes to Vets 2011" - Sunday, Sept. 25th - Massachusetts

It's not too early to remind everyone of this year's "Vettes to Vets" event being held on Sunday, September 25th. Attached is a flyer with the details. Mark your calendars and start collecting some items on the attached list to bring to our veterans. Last year, as always, there was a fantastic showing of Corvette people from the New England Corvette community. If you didn't go before, it is definitely a must...you'll be glad you did!

Here is information on hotel reservations.

Elaine

Good morning everyone

If you plan to spend a night or two with us at "Vettes to Vets" you should consider making your reservations fairly soon to ensure the fabulous rate that the Marriott extends to us. If their are rooms left, the guarantee ends on September 9th.

We are expecting Corvettes from 5 Canadian clubs. 3 New York clubs, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey as well as from all of the New England states. At $69 the rooms should sell out quickly. Remember that we had 327 Corvettes attend the event last year. Over 80 rooms were taken on Saturday night.

Call today 978-670-7500

The patients are looking forward to our arrival.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:52 AM
Shortimer
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll be there along with some NECC friends.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:30 PM
BLKPASHN
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning to go if work schedule allows. Anyone from LI interested? I went two years ago and 165 cars showed in the rain. It was a great cruise and a very enjoyable day !!
Old 08-31-2011, 05:41 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Let's not forget this important event!!

Elaine
Old 09-04-2011, 09:35 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Default "Vettes to Vets" - Sunday, Sept. 25th

Is everyone collecting things for our veterans? "Vettes to Vets" will be here before we know it!!

Elaine
Old 09-07-2011, 06:56 PM
FLY FIS
Intermediate

We attended the Vettes to Vets for the first time last year and had a ball. It was amazing to see that many Corvettes there and all the participants. We will be there again this year. I have to work Saturday, but after work we'll be heading down. See you there! Buddy and Jayme
Old 09-20-2011, 06:34 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Forecast is looking spectacular for Sunday! We hope to see all of you at this year's "Vettes to Vets"!!!

Elaine
Old 09-22-2011, 08:17 PM
geopett
5th Gear

Default Ttt

Old 09-22-2011, 11:45 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Just a reminder that "Vettes to Vets" is held rain or shine! Our Corvettes do not melt in the rain, and our hospitalized veterans will be waiting for us!

Elaine
Old 09-26-2011, 10:38 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

We saw many of you at yesterday’s “Vettes to Vets” and were so happy that this was another super successful event! The total Corvette count this year was 377, and that was up 50 Corvettes from last year!!! These Corvettes and people came from all of the six New England states, plus a large group from New York, New Jersey and Canada. The whole event was unbelievable, and it’s because of YOU!

This event began 8 years ago with 25 Corvettes! Eight years later, it is up to 377!!! How do you explain that? It's because of the strong Corvette community. It is sometimes difficult to describe just what the “Corvette community” is all about, but “Vettes to Vets” is a perfect example of just what the “community” does....coming together for a common cause, our hospitalized veterans. I talked to quite a few veterans. They could not express their thanks and gratitude enough for all we did for them. It certainly made me proud to be part of this group...and you should be proud, also!

Thanks for being part of this. We are already looking forward to 2012!

Elaine
Old 09-27-2011, 01:08 PM
Albanyguy
1st Gear

Default Vettes to Vets show was spectacular!

I attended this Sunday the 25th and it was great! Very well organized, as I approached the hotel, there were members with flags directing where to go (very helpful for out of towner's like me) and everyone said "thank you for coming". Lots of friendly and wonderful people got us all parked and organized at hotel lot and then the parade to the VA hospital was fun and very impressive. Little boy waving flag along the way was cute and nice neighbors greeting us made you feel welcome.
The arrival at VA was very impressive, and again very organized. Such a great display of Corvettes from all over. I spoke to some veterans and they all said they had been looking forward to this for weeks. Also had opportunity to speak to some Canadians who said they were proud to support their American Corvette friends and the veterans,
The Air Force young men and woman attending to the food were very polite and the food was great!
Hats off to the Corvette club organizers, the local police, the VA police, the Air Force members and honor guard. I was proud to attend and will be back next year!

Get notified of new replies

To "Vettes to Vets 2011" - Sunday, Sept. 25th - Massachusetts

Quick Reply: "Vettes to Vets 2011" - Sunday, Sept. 25th - Massachusetts