Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

[EVENT] - Sun 9/25 Ocean City, NJ Boardwalk Corvettes

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:38 PM
nj02vette
Race Director

Location: Marlton. Increasing performance one speeding ticket at a time! NJ
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Default [EVENT] - Sun 9/25 Ocean City, NJ Boardwalk Corvettes

It's the yearly Ocean City, NJ boardwalk event. Sunday, Sept 25th.

Great time of getting to drive your car on the boardwalk, and enjoy the day at the beach. This year, registration is only open to 450 cars, and they have over 200 already pre-registered.

http://www.46thsfca.org/content/files/OC_2011_side1.pdf
http://www.46thsfca.org/content/files/OC_2011_side2.pdf

I'm not affiliated with this event, just one of my favorite events and wanted to pass the word. Also benefits the food cupboard and the Humane society of OC, so support those charities.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

We pre-registered for this event months ago (the Wife's request) and will take both cars (how 'bout you Ryan?) We look at this day as a great mixer with our Corvette friends and a day on the boards with GREAT parking. I do have to wonder what happened that Boardwalk Corvette Club restricted participation to just 450 cars? Hell, not that it happens, but Corvette Club of Delaware Valley has more members than that as dues paying members. I like everything about the day with a nice ride down, the airport gives good opportunity to see and talk with friends that we may not see as much as we would like to, and the boards are ALWAYS a fun time. Hurry up and sign on before you're too late.

God bless the USA.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:13 PM
nj02vette
Race Director

Originally Posted by Ol'55
We pre-registered for this event months ago (the Wife's request) and will take both cars (how 'bout you Ryan?) We look at this day as a great mixer with our Corvette friends and a day on the boards with GREAT parking. I do have to wonder what happened that Boardwalk Corvette Club restricted participation to just 450 cars? Hell, not that it happens, but Corvette Club of Delaware Valley has more members than that as dues paying members. I like everything about the day with a nice ride down, the airport gives good opportunity to see and talk with friends that we may not see as much as we would like to, and the boards are ALWAYS a fun time. Hurry up and sign on before you're too late.

God bless the USA.
Like everything Ed, I'm sure it has to do with lawyers somehow. Probably liability with more cars than that, or logistics with Police. Last year I think there were 420 cars.

CCDV and OGSCC always make a good showing. I mentioned the limited registration this year, because there are lots of people I know who register at the airport. I don't know how pissed I'd be if I drove all the way and was turned away. So if you're interested in attending, definately pre-register. Heck, you even save $5 too.

As for us, yes, both cars are registered. The pink vette will make it's appearance. We've already reserved a hotel room in OC for Sat night. Which kinda sucks, because I can't just stay at our OC house because it's rented for the off season. Beth is having surgery on Tuesday, so hopefully she'll be up for it by then.

Last edited by nj02vette; 09-11-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:58 PM
chiefttp
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Why do they have the show on the same weekend as the Wildwood show?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:12 PM
EPMM 03 C5
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I might go depending on when the Z06 gets out of the body shop...long story short i had water leaking in the car...when i bought the car i never got a carfax on it which was my fault. Car was in a accident and the firewall is cracked.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:24 AM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Ol'55

God bless the USA.
everything Ed said . I asked, and was told, a few years ago, the restriction on cars was based on the number of boardwalk blocks allocated for display and it was determined that (approx.) 400 was the limit.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
nj02vette
Race Director

Originally Posted by EPMM 03 C5
I might go depending on when the Z06 gets out of the body shop...long story short i had water leaking in the car...when i bought the car i never got a carfax on it which was my fault. Car was in a accident and the firewall is cracked.
Whoa....sucks to hear Eric. You'll get it taken care of though.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
nj02vette
Race Director

Originally Posted by chiefttp
The Wildwood show is a classic car show, and is on Saturday. This is a Corvettes only show and is on Sunday.

Pick a weekend and pretty much it's going to conflict with another date. I'm sure they only had a few options, and they've done this for many years at this time in Sept.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:03 PM
dklowrider
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chiefttp
they're not that far apart. get a room either place sat. night and do both.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:05 AM
nj02vette
Race Director

Bump
Old 09-22-2011, 09:23 PM
nj02vette
Race Director

Another bump. Weather looks good Sunday.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:41 PM
RockHeadss
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Looking forword to this event , it is a ways a great time
Old 09-22-2011, 10:52 PM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by RockHeadss
Looking forword to this event , it is a ways a great time
Rockledge?
My wife lived on Abington in Rockledge!( quite some time ago!)
See you in OC!

Marty
1FUNZR1
Old 09-22-2011, 11:17 PM
RockHeadss
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1
Rockledge?
My wife lived on Abington in Rockledge!( quite some time ago!)
See you in OC!

Marty
1FUNZR1
O....it is a small world thumbs
Old 09-26-2011, 06:49 PM
treasurespast
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks to all who came to Ocean City, NJ on Sunday despite the poor weather forecast. Those who were there will tell you that the weather was good and the sun even came out. Remember that for next year - you can't ever go by the weather forecast at the shore. Someone had asked about this year's limit of 450 cars. This was done because that's the maximum number of participant cars, plus club member cars, that will fit on the Boardwalk between 6th and 14th Streets. In 2010 we had over 420 cars on the Boardwalk, and we almost ran out of room at the south end. We don't want to take the chance that someone won't make it onto the Boardwalk, so we imposed the limit. Boardwalk Corvettes will be able to make nice donations to local charities, thanks to all of you who registered this year. Also, thanks for your item donations to the Ocean City Food Cupboard, and the Humane Society of Ocean City. They are much appreciated. See you in 2012 on the Boardwalk!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:43 PM
wkidvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Nice event.

Get notified of new replies

To [EVENT] - Sun 9/25 Ocean City, NJ Boardwalk Corvettes

Quick Reply: [EVENT] - Sun 9/25 Ocean City, NJ Boardwalk Corvettes