Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Swap meets?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 12:06 AM
LAddams
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Swap meets?

What shows are good for looking for parts? Back in the day got many parts at good prices at swap meets. NY and surrounding states Im mosly interested in.Someone mentioned a big corvette swap meet in PA but didnt offer more info. Any leads appreciated!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:13 AM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by LAddams
Im mosly interested in.Someone mentioned a big corvette swap meet in PA but didnt offer more info. Any leads appreciated!
I would assume your referring to Corvettes@Carlisle It's held the last weekend of August every year, at the Carlisle PA Fairgrounds.

There is no bigger Corvette event than Carlisle. Besides the swap meet, there's a 3 day Corvette show, a car sale corral, parade, Corvette only parking, seminars and more. Carlisle also hosts a spring and fall swap meet, which are general swap meets with parts for all make cars. The spring and fall meets are just a swap meet and car corral, without out any car show, or other activities. For more info check out www.carsatcarlisle.com.

Rhinebeck NY has an all make swap meet in May and October. The Glass Class Corvette club has a show and small Corvette swap meet in Paramus NJ every May and October too.

You can find other meets and shows at www.njcarshow.com, www.cruisinnews.us and the events section at www.liclassiccars.com.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:47 AM
AC04
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While not corvette specific, the Spring and fall swap meet at raceway park in Englishtown, NJ is pretty good. This year it is a little later than usual on May 4th to May 6th

http://www.etownraceway.com/swap_meets.aspx
Old 01-01-2012, 10:11 AM
ricknyc23
Melting Slicks

I guess with ebay, craigslist and CF parts for sale section, swap meets will be going the way of tube televisions....
Old 01-01-2012, 10:37 AM
LAddams
Pro

Thank you! By the end of august I should have a much better idea of what I need to complete the project. Ill start planning the road trip right away.
Rhinebeck is actually only about an hour drive from me, Ill have to check it out.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:40 AM
japc5
Burning Brakes

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

There is also an all GM show at Carlisle at the end of June.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:23 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,315 Posts

Originally Posted by japc5
There is also an all GM show at Carlisle at the end of June.
GM Carlisle is not worth the trip, if your looking for Corvette parts. There are never more than 1 or 2 vendors with Vette parts, and not many vendors of any other parts anymore either. I know, because I have been 1 of the "1 or 2 vendors with Vette parts" there, over the years!
Old 01-01-2012, 11:28 PM
LAddams
Pro

Thanks for the info!
Definitly going to hit Rhinebeck just cause its so close.
Carlisle depending on how far I get with the bodywork and electrical system by the end of august.

Get notified of new replies

To Swap meets?

Quick Reply: Swap meets?