Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Funny Video

Old 03-13-2013, 03:08 PM
bullmarket
POSSE SENIOR RIDER
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 496 Likes on 221 Posts

Default Funny Video

Jeff Gordon in a Camaro test drive.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:16 PM
m kraz
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

man that was funny thanx
Old 03-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 123 Likes on 84 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Old 03-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Subfixer
POSSE ZR-1 Driver
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 104 Likes on 67 Posts

That salesman about crapped himself.....
Old 03-13-2013, 05:48 PM
DAV162
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't stop laughing
Old 03-13-2013, 06:24 PM
jeffjob
POSSE Senior Hombre
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 211 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '17-'18

Let's do it AGAIN!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

I hate pranks like this. I don't find them funny or good.

First, if real (which it isn't), Jeff Gordon show get arrested for reckless driving and more. And be made to pay for the car.

But since it is fake, he gets away with it, posts it online, Pepsi gets a lot of publicity, and millions think it is great.

Then the copycats begin.

How many will go out and try this somewhere?

How many will wreck someone else's car trying to pull a "prank".
Old 03-13-2013, 06:27 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

That was great. "I'm going to kill you!!Stop the car now!!!"
Old 03-13-2013, 06:30 PM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I loved it!!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:02 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Good one Dave...
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 PM
427 Pilot
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Stuff!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Procrastination Racing
I hate pranks like this. I don't find them funny or good.

First, if real (which it isn't), Jeff Gordon show get arrested for reckless driving and more. And be made to pay for the car.

But since it is fake, he gets away with it, posts it online, Pepsi gets a lot of publicity, and millions think it is great.

Then the copycats begin.

How many will go out and try this somewhere?

How many will wreck someone else's car trying to pull a "prank".
Somebody needs to chill.

Funny video, thanks for posting.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:15 PM
GS_V
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jeff Gordon didnt even drive the car....

http://jalopnik.com/that-jeff-gordon...ium=socialflow

FAKE FAKE FAKE

The car on the lot has a sticker that says '09' on the windshield. That means it's a 2009 Camaro. The problem is that there wasn't a Camaro made in 2009. At all. 2010 was the first year. A closer inspection will show that the Camaro has a 2013 interior (2013 is the first year with nav) and the brand new five spoke wheels. That makes this car brand new.
Also inside the Camaro is a random cupholder placed above the vents. That cupholder definitely doesn't exist in a new Camaro... or really any other car. There is also a V8 soundtrack. This car is definitely a V6.

The car is sitting right outside the dealership when it sets out. If you look at the area where the car sets out from, there sure are a lot of tire marks like repeated burnouts were done there. My source that was on site told me that was because they did multiple takes for everything.
There is one "salesman" from Troutman Motors -- where the ad was filmed -- named "Steve" featured in the video. "Steve" is the only Troutman Motors "employee" who doesn't have his face blurred out, meaning he would have signed a release to be in the video, since filming without discretion is illegal in most states. I called Troutman Motors to speak with Steve. Guess what? He was "unavailable." Wayne Troutman of the dealership told me that they are currently under non-disclosure and cannot comment on the video at all. But our source that was there told me that "Steve" was an actor. Who else offers a test drive within eight seconds of meeting someone in a car they aren't interested in?

During the entire drive, there isn't one shot of Jeff Gordon driving the car. We see him put the camera in at the beginning and turn it towards the passenger. At the end when he parks the car, the camera is suddenly back on Gordon. That's because Gordon didn't drive the car, according to our tipster. A report in Concord, NC's Independent Tribune verifies what our insider told me: "Racer Brad Noffsinger, who works with the Richard Petty Driving Experience, did the stunt work for the production." I have no doubt that Gordon is an excellent driver, but I was told that Noffsinger did all of the slides, burnouts, and other stunt driving for the film.
And there you have it, an exciting ad and a really fun watch. It's just too bad that it's also really duplicitous.

Great Video, It had me, although the cup holder made me think everyone else was in on it other than the salesman, but it really blows that Gordon didn't even drive.. Thats like having a stunt double on a **** site...wtf
Old 03-14-2013, 01:05 AM
moserbe
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GS_V
http://jalopnik.com/that-jeff-gordon...ium=socialflow

FAKE FAKE FAKE

The car on the lot has a sticker that says '09' on the windshield. That means it's a 2009 Camaro. The problem is that there wasn't a Camaro made in 2009. At all. 2010 was the first year. A closer inspection will show that the Camaro has a 2013 interior (2013 is the first year with nav) and the brand new five spoke wheels. That makes this car brand new.
Also inside the Camaro is a random cupholder placed above the vents. That cupholder definitely doesn't exist in a new Camaro... or really any other car. There is also a V8 soundtrack. This car is definitely a V6.

The car is sitting right outside the dealership when it sets out. If you look at the area where the car sets out from, there sure are a lot of tire marks like repeated burnouts were done there. My source that was on site told me that was because they did multiple takes for everything.
There is one "salesman" from Troutman Motors -- where the ad was filmed -- named "Steve" featured in the video. "Steve" is the only Troutman Motors "employee" who doesn't have his face blurred out, meaning he would have signed a release to be in the video, since filming without discretion is illegal in most states. I called Troutman Motors to speak with Steve. Guess what? He was "unavailable." Wayne Troutman of the dealership told me that they are currently under non-disclosure and cannot comment on the video at all. But our source that was there told me that "Steve" was an actor. Who else offers a test drive within eight seconds of meeting someone in a car they aren't interested in?

During the entire drive, there isn't one shot of Jeff Gordon driving the car. We see him put the camera in at the beginning and turn it towards the passenger. At the end when he parks the car, the camera is suddenly back on Gordon. That's because Gordon didn't drive the car, according to our tipster. A report in Concord, NC's Independent Tribune verifies what our insider told me: "Racer Brad Noffsinger, who works with the Richard Petty Driving Experience, did the stunt work for the production." I have no doubt that Gordon is an excellent driver, but I was told that Noffsinger did all of the slides, burnouts, and other stunt driving for the film.
And there you have it, an exciting ad and a really fun watch. It's just too bad that it's also really duplicitous.

Great Video, It had me, although the cup holder made me think everyone else was in on it other than the salesman, but it really blows that Gordon didn't even drive.. Thats like having a stunt double on a **** site...wtf
WHO CARES, it was great to watch. Let us have a couple of minutes of enjoyment will ya!!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:26 AM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by moserbe
WHO CARES, it was great to watch. Let us have a couple of minutes of enjoyment will ya!!

Was a fun video to watch. Who cares if it was fake, most things you read on the internet are fake, moving on.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 123 Likes on 84 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Eppieguy

Was a fun video to watch. Who cares if it was fake, most things you read on the internet are fake, moving on.
I did not think it was real, obviously it was produced but still funny non the less.

Get notified of new replies

To Funny Video

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Funny Video