Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Free State Corvette Club's Corvette Weekend!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 08:33 AM
stevepre65
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 18 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default Free State Corvette Club's Corvette Weekend!!!

Today is the Day!!!!

Corvette Weekend Registration is officially open!!!!

FSCC Corvette Weekend is scheduled for October 3 & 4, in Ocean City Maryland

Tell your friends! Tell your fellow club members! You heard it here first (or maybe second if you subscribe to the Corvette Weekend Newsletter)!!!

Come on over to www.CorvetteWeekend.com and sign up!

Are you in?
Old 06-21-2014, 08:59 AM
TruBluC6
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in just registered. Love this show!

Originally Posted by stevepre65
Today is the Day!!!!

Corvette Weekend Registration is officially open!!!!

FSCC Corvette Weekend is scheduled for October 3 & 4, in Ocean City Maryland

Tell your friends! Tell your fellow club members! You heard it here first (or maybe second if you subscribe to the Corvette Weekend Newsletter)!!!

Come on over to www.CorvetteWeekend.com and sign up!

Are you in?
Old 06-21-2014, 09:04 AM
stevepre65
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by TruBluC6
I'm in just registered. Love this show!
Thank you!!!
Old 06-21-2014, 09:57 AM
dadvan99
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18
Oldtimer

Just registered for OC and the Corvette Weekend.
This will be my 5th time driving from Cleveland for this fun event.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:44 AM
stevepre65
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by dadvan99
Just registered for OC and the Corvette Weekend.
This will be my 5th time driving from Cleveland for this fun event.
Thank You!!!
Old 06-21-2014, 10:57 AM
tbar1963
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

We are in..Registration #20..this will be our 6th year...registered for the quadruple rallye..have no idea how that works..I guess we will figure it out...
Old 06-23-2014, 09:38 AM
stevepre65
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by tbar1963
We are in..Registration #20..this will be our 6th year...registered for the quadruple rallye..have no idea how that works..I guess we will figure it out...
Thanks.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:16 AM
wkidvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Pay pal link received from the registration web site when depressed displays the following:

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Free State Corvette Club Inc and try another option.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:31 AM
stevepre65
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by wkidvette
Pay pal link received from the registration web site when depressed displays the following:

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted item amount.

At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to Free State Corvette Club Inc and try another option.

I've forward your message to our registration POC, but if you could, please contact:
FSCCadmin@freestatecorvette.com or leave a message at 443-295-FSCC, with details about your transaction. We'll get you squared away.

-Steve
Old 06-23-2014, 05:16 PM
Mr E Here
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is your registration number?

Alan B
Registration Chairman for Corvette Weekend
Old 06-24-2014, 02:37 PM
2CRUZIN
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be there as well, have been going for years. You all put on a first class event. Well done!

Old 06-30-2014, 08:32 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Calendar marked!

ttt
Old 06-30-2014, 09:47 AM
stevepre65
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by 2CRUZIN
We will be there as well, have been going for years. You all put on a first class event. Well done!

Old 06-30-2014, 09:48 AM
stevepre65
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by vetdude
Calendar marked!

ttt

Old 07-01-2014, 02:59 PM
wkidvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Mr E Here
What is your registration number?

Alan B
Registration Chairman for Corvette Weekend
Registration is ok now, thanks for the assistance.
Old 07-08-2014, 01:08 PM
tdogg21
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
2017 C3 of Year Finalist

I don't mean this as a negative post against your show, so I hope no one takes it that way. I've been trying to get this show to fit into my schedule for a number of years. I actually had plans a few years ago when the event was practically flooded out. With that being said, I question the cost you guys have set up. Specifically for children. I understand you are trying to do more than just break even and I'm sure you have bills to pay regarding this show. But if I came, I would be bring my wife and two small children. In a parade setting, I think it would be cool to have both of my kids with us. But to do that, I'd be paying $76. That seems rather excessive to me. In a hobby that needs to grow with the younger generation, I don't know why you need to squeeze a little more money for them to participate. Especially when you consider I have to pay just as much for my wife to ride with me as I would if we brought two cars.

Maybe I'm way off base and if so, I apologize. Like I said before, I know you have a budget you need to stick to, but when I'm paying $8 each for my two kids to ride in a parade (after spending a full registration fee for my wife to also ride), I just feel like I'm getting squeezed. When I'm paying more to drive in a parade than I do for an entire weekend in Carlisle, something doesn't feel right.

Good luck to your show and I sincerely hope you get record numbers. There aren't many shows that can offer a ride on the boardwalk and I hope people take advantage of that opportunity. Unfortunately for me, I just can't justify it.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:32 AM
stevepre65
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Default Thanks TDogg!

Originally Posted by tdogg21
I don't mean this as a negative post against your show, so I hope no one takes it that way. I've been trying to get this show to fit into my schedule for a number of years. I actually had plans a few years ago when the event was practically flooded out. With that being said, I question the cost you guys have set up. Specifically for children. I understand you are trying to do more than just break even and I'm sure you have bills to pay regarding this show. But if I came, I would be bring my wife and two small children. In a parade setting, I think it would be cool to have both of my kids with us. But to do that, I'd be paying $76. That seems rather excessive to me. In a hobby that needs to grow with the younger generation, I don't know why you need to squeeze a little more money for them to participate. Especially when you consider I have to pay just as much for my wife to ride with me as I would if we brought two cars.

Maybe I'm way off base and if so, I apologize. Like I said before, I know you have a budget you need to stick to, but when I'm paying $8 each for my two kids to ride in a parade (after spending a full registration fee for my wife to also ride), I just feel like I'm getting squeezed. When I'm paying more to drive in a parade than I do for an entire weekend in Carlisle, something doesn't feel right.

Good luck to your show and I sincerely hope you get record numbers. There aren't many shows that can offer a ride on the boardwalk and I hope people take advantage of that opportunity. Unfortunately for me, I just can't justify it.
TDogg,
Thanks for the feedback. While we can't change much in the way of pricing for this year, you're ideas about kids registration is sparking a lively discussion among this year's organizing committee.

We also did some checking with regard to having your wife and kids take part in the boardwalk parade. It goes without saying/typing that we'd love having the young ones take part in the part, and any way we can grow the hobby for the Corvette with the younger generations is a good thing. I'm hoping my 21 year old daughter can take part in her first boardwalk parade this year. It would be a cool "father / daughter" moment for us both. So personal, I know where you're coming from.

OCPD has rules we have to follow, and one of them is "overloading" the car. They enforce a "one driver/one passenger" rule of our trip down the boardwalk. If you and the your wife are planning two cars in the parade, OCPD won't mind, otherwise, I don't want you to be be surprised or otherwise upset of OCPD makes issue of it.

We hope you decide to come to the event in any case. If not this year, sometime down the road.

We appreciate the feedback. Without input from the participants, we can't improve the event.

Feel free to PM me or contact me through the CorvetteWeekend.com website.

Steve.

Get notified of new replies

To Free State Corvette Club's Corvette Weekend!!!

Old 07-09-2014, 03:59 PM
tdogg21
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts
2017 C3 of Year Finalist

Thanks for getting back to me and I'm glad you didn't take my comments the wrong way. I was planning on only bringing one car (for the show) and having my wife drive her car there with the kids. But it sounds like I would have to bring two Vettes. And with my kids still being very young, I don't think that's going to happen.

I understand the OCPDs thought process, but don't agree with it. It's a parade, not a cruise. But you can't argue with OCPD. I'm just glad they don't have jurisdiction over my town's Christmas parade.

I'm glad to hear the organizing committee is talking about youth pricing. Honestly, it isn't much in the way of cost, but the only thing they "get" is a ride in the parade. I don't want to come on here and tell you how to run your show, but I'm glad you're at least open to hearing feedback and seriously thinking about it. I doubt I'll make it to the show until my kids get a little older, but who knows.

Good luck with the show and thanks for listening to my comments!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:15 AM
wkidvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

I registered my C6 for all 3 car shows, but wanted to know if my C7 is received prior to this event can I substitute it in the car shows in lieu of the C6? Who and when should I contact to advise of this change?
Old 07-29-2014, 06:28 PM
stevepre65
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I registered my C6 for all 3 car shows, but wanted to know if my C7 is received prior to this event can I substitute it in the car shows in lieu of the C6? Who and when should I contact to advise of this change?
Stand by Kidvette. I'll get you answer.

Steve.