Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Window Tint - Anyone tried any of these NY/NJ/CT shops?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 02:00 PM
halt00
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Window Tint - Anyone tried any of these NY/NJ/CT shops?

Window Tint - Anyone tried any of these NY/NJ/CT shops with your C7? I don't want to be the first C7.

http://www.theartoftint.com/ (NY)

http://www.tintshopnj.com/ (NJ)

http://www.topofthelinetint.com/ (NJ)

http://www.tintman.com/ (CT)
Old 06-22-2014, 03:28 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 3 Posts

Without question, Top of The Line tint gets the nod in my book. He's done two of my Lambos, one of my Vettes, my GTR, and two of my wifes cars....Great work.

If you talk to Phil tell him I said 'hello', and I'm sure I'll be pickup up another car that needs his attention....
Old 06-23-2014, 11:18 AM
x88
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo50mike
Without question, Top of The Line tint gets the nod in my book. He's done two of my Lambos, one of my Vettes, my GTR, and two of my wifes cars....Great work.

If you talk to Phil tell him I said 'hello', and I'm sure I'll be pickup up another car that needs his attention....
Cool these guys are 2 miles down the street from my office. Sent an email for a quote, I only got one for the DD (2011 A6) so far at 250 all windows (minus windsheild). Hope they can keep it under 200. There are places in Newark that will do it for 99 bucks but I don't wanna go to Newark again lol
Old 06-23-2014, 04:18 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I wouldn't take my Vette anywhere but advanced solar control in toms river... The owner Donny is top notch and does a Perfect job... I'll be @ car shows and have other tint shops admiring his tint work on my car lol he is great... Pay for what you get fellas... Go to Newark for a $99 tint job you get just that a 100 dollar tint job my buddy went up there it was horrible to say the least...
Old 06-23-2014, 05:34 PM
x88
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1MEANGS
I wouldn't take my Vette anywhere but advanced solar control in toms river... The owner Donny is top notch and does a Perfect job... I'll be @ car shows and have other tint shops admiring his tint work on my car lol he is great... Pay for what you get fellas... Go to Newark for a $99 tint job you get just that a 100 dollar tint job my buddy went up there it was horrible to say the least...
I got mine done at market street on an S4 years ago for 125 and I'd say they did a 95% good job. I'd prefer 99% but nothing is 100% satisfying anyway. Fair price should be under 200 honestly and that's out the door
Old 06-23-2014, 09:06 PM
lsxvette
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

lorenzotint ny
Old 06-24-2014, 12:15 AM
x88
Drifting

Originally Posted by The_Ruski_Driver
Cool these guys are 2 miles down the street from my office. Sent an email for a quote
Ok they hit me back at $321. Highest price on a tint I've ever heard of in my entire life, I hope this is that 100% satisfaction. I'll never know though
Old 06-24-2014, 08:41 AM
halt00
Pro

Ok they hit me back at $321. Highest price on a tint I've ever heard of in my entire life, I hope this is that 100% satisfaction. I'll never know though
I called another shop and they wanted $300 for Formula One Llumar Classic tint http://www.formulaone.com/en/classic.aspx or $400 for the Pinnacle series http://www.formulaone.com/en/pinnacle.aspx

Of course we must not forget that even though these are two doors, there are 5 windows to tint, unlike older models.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:00 AM
x88
Drifting

I haven't gotten bought tint in a few years, my Z06 came with tints already. Maybe the price has doubled since then? I'm not sure, but 400-500 bucks for tint is insane in my opinion. Few hundred more and that's a FAST 102!
Old 06-24-2014, 01:25 PM
halt00
Pro

I haven't gotten bought tint in a few years, my Z06 came with tints already. Maybe the price has doubled since then? I'm not sure, but 400-500 bucks for tint is insane in my opinion. Few hundred more and that's a FAST 102!
The material they use varies quite a bit in cost. The new ceramic stuff for heat reduction is much more expensive (and effective). I don't mind spending more for a great installer for this car.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:48 PM
r0bd
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Kicking this thread back up rather than starting a new one. Trying to find a quality place for tint in Northern NJ that isn't going to rape me with the vette tax.

Same guy that did 3 windows on my trailblazer for $100 a year ago quoted me $250 over the phone for the vette.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:16 PM
x88
Drifting

Rob
I think prices went up. I just got my audi tinted for 250 and they did a pretty good job. I remember paying 125 back in the day for an S4 I had. I can't recommend the place that did my work but give Tommy a call from Autocouture, tell them Anton with the blue Z06 sent you
Old 07-26-2015, 05:19 PM
Z0HS1CK
Race Director

Received 3,200 Likes on 2,143 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo50mike

lol phil is a funny *** character.

He's not like a normal business man that sugar coats things, he tells you how it is. I remember when i was there and he was talking to a client he was like "yo yo yo you either want me to do the job or not, i can't sit on the phone all day. Call me back when you're ready to make up your mind" lol

I was like wow. He's very "hood", i think i remember he was from the bronx or brooklyn??

Either way he did 2 of my cars. He did my GS in january right before he got slammed with that snow. Excellent work. He even came in on a saturday when he said normally he doesn't work saturdays depending on what type of job. I told him i'll definitely be there bright and early. I got there sat morning, a cold *** jan morning, he was there waiting for me. He finished my tints about 2.5 hours later. I picked up the car, then he locked up and left lol.

I definitely vote for TOTL tint in lodi. Talk to phil. He's a real cool dude. Superior work.

I just bought a 2015 camaro for a daily driver. Deciding on whether i wanna tint it or not, because where i work cops HATE tints. But if i do decide on them, definitely going right back to phil.

Last edited by Z0HS1CK; 07-26-2015 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:30 PM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Im taking my C7 to Leeberbs in Hillsborough in a couple of weeks, I'll report back when I get it done.
Old 07-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 130 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
Im taking my C7 to Leeberbs in Hillsborough in a couple of weeks, I'll report back when I get it done.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:17 AM
noncomposmentis
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NY/NJ/CONN tint shops 2015

Originally Posted by halt00
Window Tint - Anyone tried any of these NY/NJ/CT shops with your C7? I don't want to be the first C7.

http://www.theartoftint.com/ (NY)

http://www.tintshopnj.com/ (NJ)

http://www.topofthelinetint.com/ (NJ)

http://www.tintman.com/ (CT)

As I got my car last winter, I started my research ( way too much info)
until warmer weather. However many threads are old and film costs rise and films change and so do people and cars. My last car was already used and tinted .A real honey of a car, still showing $3000.00 above book even with 80,000 miles as per carfax. Too many miles for me. I sure miss her. Believe me ,I never thought this would be a quest for a crystal skull.
I have almost narrowed it down of course, with summer almost over, unfortunately. I have read every review, every forum on any related subject and beyond just to confuse me more. Still I now have alot info and the shop will be in NY already mentioned here with the man's name on his shop because of all my knowledge, maybe too much. So here is what I HAVE found. Stay away from certain tinters, cheap ones to be sure.See a job you like ? Ask where it was done.
Very Few have samples ,at least for me to see. There are rising costs like jobs that cost 350 went to double this year. There are soooo many kinds of film, dyed, heat and uv , ir or diffusers, even clear ones, but these company's have been assumed most likely by one big one , just with another name. Some high end ones may just be a gimmick
( photo- sensitive ), Some well known ones have a blue / bronze hue even at the high end level and also have a bit of distortion as well.Dot Matrix is a real bitch for ANYONE and one highly recommended & rated shop wants a signed disclaimer that it is what it is. No refunds,etc with no recourse of the bubbles and white wash. There are glue & paint , shoe polish, vinyl methods to combat this. Although the one shop did not offer any of these, so I guess it was not worth the time for them to do it. It seemed they only wanted cake like jobs that required not a lot of work.The glue sounded great, but will eventually yellow or move/ lift. The paint is a permanent thing so I don't know what your resale will be. A torch could possibly crack your glass if used to smooth out the DOT MATRIX.Vinyl seems to be the way IF a shop will take the time. Unfortunately everyone knows a guy who knows a guy. And if you are not a dealer or guy with many cars/ or high end cars to do , I would only go to a shop with a history. There are also several shops near me,( NJ)And I am choosing one in NY. One even wanted to put vinyl outside my front windshield, & the other has a bad rep.
Considering my research, and I will travel to get it done, my shop was already mentioned here with the owners name as,the shop by
" lsxvette" here. I have checked out just about everyone I think in existence. My only concern , now will be the product,( type of film ) because it depends on what is used there. And I need to know a bit more on the moleskin application which I have heard if which not everyone does EITHER, to avoid scratches.Also I had tried to approach it from another angle, but I do not know if that will work either, such as a complete Dot Matrix job on the back window ala sign advertising like the Dot Matrix on bus windows. If anyone knows about this angle, I would love to hear it.

Last edited by noncomposmentis; 07-28-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: members name as affirmation
Old 07-29-2015, 10:22 AM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I really hope the OP got his car tinted... It's not rocket science it's tint there a bunch of great shops out there... It's been over a month it shouldn't take that long to decide... I reccommended a great shop, it's not the cheapest but I've had it done over 4 years ago and still looks perfect, if your looking to save 50-100 bucks over tint when you have a Vette that's kinda silly... Do it right do it once! Hope it came out good bud

Get notified of new replies

To Window Tint - Anyone tried any of these NY/NJ/CT shops?

Old 08-07-2015, 10:29 AM
Eppieguy
Melting Slicks

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm scheduled at Leeberbs in Hillsborough on the 29th. I'll post pictures and review once completed.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:02 PM
x88
Drifting

I'm scheduled at Leeberbs in Hillsborough on the 29th. I'll post pictures and review once completed.
Wow thats 3 weeks away.

You guys sure overthink the whole tint thing imo
Old 08-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 130 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Quick Reply: Window Tint - Anyone tried any of these NY/NJ/CT shops?