Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Desperately NEED tuning for modded l98 corvette around Buffalo

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 10:32 AM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Desperately NEED tuning for modded l98 corvette around Buffalo

I can drive to somebody if they are somewhat close. I need either dyno tuning or a datalog tune. I know Orr89rocz tunes but I cant get ahold of him...
Old 08-17-2014, 11:08 AM
IH8FORD
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Look up Kennedy dyno tune and then there is new era in Rochester. Also very cool to see another guy from orchard park.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:06 PM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

You are simply awesome. I saw this post yesterday, called Kenedies, shot the ****, and scheduled an appointment.

New Era doesn't know l98's. J&J claims they have done them for 20 years but has been too busy to take my calls and get me penciled in. A few people have offered mail order tunes... ya, right.

Kennedy crossed my mind twice; once when I figured they wouldn't know corvettes, and a second time when my gf suggested it. Figured as a last resort why not? They really seem to know their stuff w/ l98's.

Where abouts in OP? I lived down milestrip near EA. I moved out to clarence center recently.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:57 PM
IH8FORD
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Glad to hear you found a place. I live right over near the stadium off Abbott. I was thinking about either kenedies or new era after I do my heads and cam so let me know how it goes.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:36 PM
JETBLK04
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 7-8-9 Veteran

Default Tuning

Originally Posted by volkswagens-for-life
I can drive to somebody if they are somewhat close. I need either dyno tuning or a datalog tune. I know Orr89rocz tunes but I cant get ahold of him...
I live right by Kennedy`s. Have never heard nothing bad about his work. have seen some big dollar race cars on the dyno there. I wouldn`t think twice of going to him for tuning.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:30 PM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by IH8FORD
Glad to hear you found a place. I live right over near the stadium off Abbott. I was thinking about either kenedies or new era after I do my heads and cam so let me know how it goes.
New Era is def a good place for c5 + corvettes... and so is J&J Speedshop in Elma... they do crazy builds over there including turbo lambo's and ferrari's turbo corvettes etc.

Originally Posted by JETBLK04
I live right by Kennedy`s. Have never heard nothing bad about his work. have seen some big dollar race cars on the dyno there. I wouldn`t think twice of going to him for tuning.
Good to know, thanks man.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:26 AM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

It's getting tougher and tougher to find someone to tune OBD1 cars. Do you have the capability of datalogging on your own? If so you could send the datalog to PCMforless and they could burn a chip accordingly. This is what I did when I put a 383 in my car a few years back. I first sent them all the details of my build and they sent me a chip with a tune to get me going. I then datalogged the car and sent them back the chip for fine tuning. I'm sure someone could improve the current tune a bit, but it runs petty darn good. Unless you can find someone local, this is might be your only option unless you want to learn to tune on your own. You could also look for info on www.thirdgen.org That site probably has some of the most knowledgeable OBD1 tuners around
Old 06-18-2015, 10:19 AM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

Ok a little update.

1: TA: Sorry I missed your post; not sure how that happened.

2: A user on here, Orr89rocz, offered to meet me in the pittsburgh area and he was going to bring his datalogging equipment and burn me a chip.

3: PJ Speed Shop in Tonawanda NY: They offered to put my car on the dyno, weld in a wideband o2 sensor, and tune my car for ~$500. He says they've done countless l98 corvettes and f-bodies. He guarantees he will get the car dialed in. He does part-throttle and WOT tuning.

I"m going w/ PJ speed shop, since that (...dyno...) will also tell me optimal shift points for economy and also for racing.

Last edited by volkswagens-for-life; 06-19-2015 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:34 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

I would like to know how that goes. That's a great price for what you're getting. Almost makes it worth the 5 1/2 drive for me lol.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:47 AM
volkswagens-for-life
Melting Slicks

I will certainly update this thread! Keep in mind, J&J Speed shop claims he tunes l98's, he even gave me his cellphone and was texting for a little bit, but then he disappeared off the face of the planet. No returned vm's, no returned text etc when I was ready to setup a dyno tune appointment. PJ Speed Shop is great about communication, will tell you exactly what he's gonna do etc... not to mention they have produced retarded fast mustangs.

I will update this thread and then create a new one once I get the tuning accomplished; thats the very next 'mod' I'm doing to my car.

What mods do you have? Honestly I wouldn't waste time on a dyno-tune unless you have heads, cam, blower etc...
Old 04-22-2017, 02:20 AM
Jason Zajac
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by volkswagens-for-life
I will certainly update this thread! Keep in mind, J&J Speed shop claims he tunes l98's, he even gave me his cellphone and was texting for a little bit, but then he disappeared off the face of the planet. No returned vm's, no returned text etc when I was ready to setup a dyno tune appointment. PJ Speed Shop is great about communication, will tell you exactly what he's gonna do etc... not to mention they have produced retarded fast mustangs.

I will update this thread and then create a new one once I get the tuning accomplished; thats the very next 'mod' I'm doing to my car.

What mods do you have? Honestly I wouldn't waste time on a dyno-tune unless you have heads, cam, blower etc...
Certainly apologize for getting busy during the summer and not being able to get back to you. How did that tune turn out??

Get notified of new replies

To Desperately NEED tuning for modded l98 corvette around Buffalo

Quick Reply: Desperately NEED tuning for modded l98 corvette around Buffalo