Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Boardwalk Corvettes Ocean City, NJ 9/21/14

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 03:05 PM
CNJ Surveyor
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Boardwalk Corvettes Ocean City, NJ 9/21/14

Attended this show last year. It was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to it again tomorrow. It is supposed to be a perfect last day of Summer down the shore. Who's attending?

http://www.boardwalkcorvettes.com/site.html
Old 09-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Mike99PA
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m going early hopefully registration will be available.
I’m surprised folks not going - I guess EAGLES Football will keep most close to home.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:53 PM
popps9
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I'll be there

Definitely on my to-do list
Old 09-20-2014, 06:13 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

What time do you leave the airport and pull up on the OC Boardwalk?
Old 09-20-2014, 07:11 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by agentf1
What time do you leave the airport and pull up on the OC Boardwalk?
The club agenda states a "prompt leave from the airport at 11:00am" Frank? You and Iva will have to park on the boards with us for one of these.

Ps. Talk to GlennM27 about the wiggle test. Me too for that matter!
Old 09-20-2014, 08:19 PM
seamoose
Instructor

We took our car (86) to Wildwood yesterday and today had great weather and lots of great classic cars. I didn't put our car on the boards as its not show material but I am real proud with how well its been running .Tons of fun flying up and down the parkway with the top down . She 's been running like a champ since Carlisle . The wife thinks I should run down to oc and try to stick it in tomorrow morn might be a interesting day maybe find a c3 for sale ! Its only about 30 or 40 minutes from us . I didn't stay for the auction in wildwood and missed a real clean c3 go for only 7000 .. I 've been hoping to sell the 86 and get into a early c3 but the way the c4 runs and what I was told about the ride quality of the c3s I'm wondering if wei shouldn't just hold the paid off c4 and throw a top and paint on it and be happy .
Old 09-20-2014, 08:21 PM
CNJ Surveyor
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw these three hiding under covers at the Coral Sands, waiting for tomorrow's show!

Took my vette to the Boardwalk for some mini golf and pizza!

See everyone tomorrow!
Old 09-20-2014, 09:30 PM
jsbwac
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Will be there, it is a great show. The last email I received said there are 90 spots left, so if you are not registered yet, to get there early.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:34 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I have missed everything this year, but at least I haven't missed this yet. Going to google map it, and hopefully be there tomorrow around 12 at the boardwalk. No interest in showing the car, just looking for a nice, fun, drive at a brisk pace, see some nice cars and a few familiar faces, lunch and a nice ride back to Toms River.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
I have missed everything this year, but at least I haven't missed this yet. Going to google map it, and hopefully be there tomorrow around 12 at the boardwalk. No interest in showing the car, just looking for a nice, fun, drive at a brisk pace, see some nice cars and a few familiar faces, lunch and a nice ride back to Toms River.
Buy all means George, We'll have three cars there.... stop buy I can afford to buy you a doughnut hole and a 6 ounce coffee (black).
Old 09-21-2014, 01:35 PM
chiefttp
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Pretty sad someone would give up a once a year car show for an Eagles game. Thats Sad with a capital S-A-D. I was at Wildwood yesterday and it was a great show as usual, but was very surprised at the lack of Corvettes compared to past years.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:09 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

450 Vettes on the OC Boardwalk with dozens more in the parking lots that couldn't get in. /:\
Old 09-21-2014, 05:39 PM
seamoose
Instructor

Got to OC at 545a after driving thru rain in Hammonton . Was first at the gate and watched them fill a lot with over 400 corvettes .
Met a great bunch of people ,saw beautiful cars , and a very well organized event . Had a great day a bit of rain at the very end on some spotless cars . Some very interesting awards at the end .These guys do it very well fun event . We hope to return with a better example of a corvette next year !!!!
Old 09-21-2014, 06:29 PM
markyerger
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

i always enjoyed the OC boardwalk show
Old 09-21-2014, 09:56 PM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

It was a nice show, old friends, and met a few new ones.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:14 PM
nj02vette
Race Director

Location: Marlton. Increasing performance one speeding ticket at a time! NJ
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgeZNJ
It was a nice show, old friends, and met a few new ones.
Shame I missed you. I was one of those that didn't preregister and got turned away at the gate.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:00 AM
nj02vette
Race Director

Location: Marlton. Increasing performance one speeding ticket at a time! NJ
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh, and I don't care what they say. There were not 450 cars. Maybe 450 total with preregisters and day of sales, but I guarantee probably 100 of the preregisters didn't show up.

I've been there when the official count was under 400 and they had to pull cars up at 14th street and back them down the boardwalk for more room. There were huge gaps in the cars in some spots and didn't fill the boardwalk. Didn't preregister because I didn't know until last minute my own details of going, so that's on me and I was disappointed going down there to get turned away. My fault, I get that. But when I get up to the boards and see how many cars were NOT there, well that kinda did agitate me.

Get notified of new replies

To Boardwalk Corvettes Ocean City, NJ 9/21/14

Old 09-22-2014, 11:46 AM
corvette Stu
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nj02vette
Oh, and I don't care what they say. There were not 450 cars. Maybe 450 total with preregisters and day of sales, but I guarantee probably 100 of the preregisters didn't show up.

I've been there when the official count was under 400 and they had to pull cars up at 14th street and back them down the boardwalk for more room. There were huge gaps in the cars in some spots and didn't fill the boardwalk. Didn't preregister because I didn't know until last minute my own details of going, so that's on me and I was disappointed going down there to get turned away. My fault, I get that. But when I get up to the boards and see how many cars were NOT there, well that kinda did agitate me.
When Shows get too big they give you more reasons to get agitated.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:18 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Most cars were parked nose to tail (about 18" between them). I've been there some years where there were 5-6' between each car. I noticed two fair sized gaps (probably at the merchants request) and for the life of me I can't figure out why the last 4 cars were spred out over 2 blocks (and the '64 pro touring was NICE). But you can't go by where the show starts and stops. I was handing out flyers and there was every bit of 400 cars there (and probably 450).
Old 09-22-2014, 05:12 PM
treasurespast
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Boardwalk Corvettes would like to thank everyone who came to our show on the beautiful OC Boardwalk on Sunday. We had a record number of Corvettes on the Boardwalk. We apologize to anyone who didn't pre-register and were turned away. The final count was 450 cars paid, under 40 pre-registered that didn't attend, and about 15 club cars. The cars were spaced close together on the north end of the Boardwalk which caused some empty space on the south end. It's not the easiest thing to figure out how to exactly space out that number of Corvettes in a specific area of 6th to 14th Streets on the Boardwalk. Gaps are left at ramp areas in the case that emergency vehicles need to enter the Boardwalk. We encourage everyone to check our web site www.boardwalkcorvettes.com in about a month when we will post the date for the 2015 show, which will be our 25th year! It is highly advised that you pre-register for the 2015 show as soon as you know your availability for the date. Thanks again to everyone for making this year's show the best yet!

Quick Reply: Boardwalk Corvettes Ocean City, NJ 9/21/14