Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Rich Lagasse Health Issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 07:30 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,766 Likes on 969 Posts

Yes we received a very nice email as well from Rich, just a great guy
Old 01-26-2015, 11:07 AM
richscorvettes
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Default Many Thanks

I wanted to express my thanks for the posts regarding this latest health issue. Needless to say this is not exactly the way we had planned to start the new year. It's not until something like this happens when you fully realize that we have been fortunate enough to have made many good friends through the hobby. We enjoyed reading the posts on the forum as it really helped pick up our spirits. Many have made mention of Barb which was great to see as they realize that we always do things together and that she is such an important part of our involvement in the hobby not to mention the obvious love of my life. I was awfully lucky that Barb recognized the symptoms and rushed me to the ER. I've always said that I married wisely! Darned good thing that I chose an RN for my wife.

I'm still struggling with a number of things I used to take for granted especially using my right hand and fingers so the typing is very difficult and slow. The doctors and therapists have been impressed by the progress thus far but there is still a ways to go. I'm practicing a little hand and finger therapy by forcing myself to use the keyboard. Tough sledding when I've been so used to skipping along the keyboard so easily in the past. After over seven hours in surgery I guess that is to be expected and I'm trying to exercise my hand by typing. Need to get the brain to send the right signals to my hand, fingers and leg. Very frustrating to realize that I've had to relearn how to tie a simple bow, write my own signature, walk in a straight line and regain balance. Good thing I never took up the piano!

Thank you all for the kind notes. Both Barb and I really appreciate them all.

Rich
Old 01-27-2015, 06:44 PM
snide
Team Owner

Received 172 Likes on 74 Posts
CI 4-5-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Old 01-29-2015, 07:24 AM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Rich & Barb
Get better everyday and all the best for a full recovery.
John & Donna
Old 01-30-2015, 11:14 AM
HRDTOPC54FUN
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 143 Likes on 87 Posts

Rich and Barb,

Haven't been on the forum much lately and just saw this post. I guess I'm shocked but happy at the same time to see that you're doing well and working through the recovery process. Seven hours of surgery - I can't image how tough that must have been.

Our thoughts are with you and Barb. Maybe we can get you guys to Lime Rock again this year.

Hang in there,

Dave & Sandy
Old 02-04-2015, 08:59 PM
redrider
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Rich & Barb,
Just catching up on the forum and shocked to hear of your medical incident and glad you are on the road to recovery, albeit slowly. Best wishes for a full recovery. We need you back in action. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Best personal regards,
Marcel
Old 02-06-2015, 12:20 PM
richscorvettes
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Default Thank You

Thank you all for your well wishes. It's amazing how the brain regains functions with the right therapy. After surgery I couldn't use my right hand or even hold my arm up and walking was difficult for both strength and balance. Still a ways to go of course but several weeks of further therapy have been scheduled and things are moving in the right direction. Should be cleared to drive soon but the surgeon insists on at least six weeks after the surgery before doing much.

We do plan to take a trip with the Vette by late April and also Corvettes at Carlisle of course. Need to get the right hand working for shifting! We have two other trips booked this summer and sure want to be in shape to be ready for those. We would also like to make the historic races in Lime Rock.

Hope to see you folks at Mark's Cruise and in Carlisle. Thank you all again for the kind notes. Barb and I really appreciate them all.

Rich
Old 02-07-2015, 10:08 AM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Glad to see you improving Rich. It takes time as they say. Best to you and Barb.....

Peter and Pam
Old 02-07-2015, 03:48 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

It's so nice to hear that you are getting better every day, Rich! Best wishes to you and Barb!!

Elaine and Alan
Old 02-09-2015, 08:16 PM
futura
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C1 of the Year Finalist

Default Rich Lagasse Update

Was up to Connecticut on business and visited with Barb and Rich. I'm pleased to report that he looks great, sounds great and is very much on the mend. In his typical Rich style, he commented that it's been an "interesting experience". He also realizes how fortunate he was given the dire circumstances surrounding his stroke. Barb is an RN and had worked at the admitting hospital and knew the medical staff. She was on top of the situation every step of the way. While Rich is still highly engaged with physical therapy, he is already finalizing their Corvette Carlisle plans! Rich was tickled pink with everyone's comments on the Forum so keep them coming!
Old 02-10-2015, 04:20 PM
bleu65vt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by futura
Was up to Connecticut on business and visited with Barb and Rich. I'm pleased to report that he looks great, sounds great and is very much on the mend. In his typical Rich style, he commented that it's been an "interesting experience". He also realizes how fortunate he was given the dire circumstances surrounding his stroke. Barb is an RN and had worked at the admitting hospital and knew the medical staff. She was on top of the situation every step of the way. While Rich is still highly engaged with physical therapy, he is already finalizing their Corvette Carlisle plans! Rich was tickled pink with everyone's comments on the Forum so keep them coming!
Nothing like that personal visit to see how well Rich is doing. Thanks for the post! I had a few quick updates from Barb, and then Rich, but I was unaware of the Forum thread, until he mentioned how much he appreciated it. His recovery sounds great. As usual, the Lagasse Team takes things in stride!
Old 02-13-2015, 10:02 AM
fazang
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Get Well

I'm not on the forum much, but had to offer my best wishes for a speedy recovery to you Rich !
We have never met, but have emailed once. I did have the opportunity of meeting and chatting with your
wife Barbara once at a Monday cruise at Mark's !
Between my wife being an RN also and the vettes, it was pleasure to meet her, and hear her praises
of your passion for all your vettes !

I am glad to hear that your recovery is progressing so positively and quickly !
Very impressed with your posting after such a serious ordeal.

Take care and be well,
-ALF out...
Old 02-14-2015, 04:16 PM
68sixspeed
Melting Slicks

Received 154 Likes on 114 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Keep getting better Rich, best wishes on a speedy recovery! Dan

Quick Reply: Rich Lagasse Health Issue