Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

April 19th 2015 - Drive and Show for a Hero - Sgt. Hrbek Memorial Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 09:00 AM
turbo50mike
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 3 Posts

Default April 19th 2015 - Drive and Show for a Hero - Sgt. Hrbek Memorial Car Show

Here is what's included in the day -
Meeting in Mahwah NJ at ~8am and having a light breakfast.
Taking ~2 hour spirited drive, and ending in Westwood NJ Veterans Park.
Lunch provided by the Iron Horse
Desserts provided by the Pastry Chef of NJ
Awards and giveaways provided by Ralph Lauren.

Hello Corvette Forum – I’ve done this event in the past, and some of you may have attended, for those that haven’t, here’s a recap -

A very good friend ours, USMC Sgt. Christopher Hrbek, was on his 4th tour in the Middle East in January 2010, and while on patrol, he stepped on an IED and was killed instantly. This past January was the 5th anniversary of his death, and his family held a memorial for him that was very touching.

Chris, and his brothers and sisters grew up together with my wife, and once I met her, they became as much a part of my life as well. A truly great family – Chris’ stepfather Jamie is the deputy fire Chief in Westwood, NJ (Bergen County) - Chris’ brothers were all on the Westwood fire department (now they are all FDNY), and Chris was a 9 year veteran of the Westwood Fire Department as well. You couldn’t ask for a more standup, and dedicated family.

So a while back when talking with the family, they wanted to put together a car show in his honor, and to help benefit his scholarship fund. I told them I would do as much as I could to help. Since Chris was a huge car enthusiast, we decided to have a little ‘car show’ in his honor.

Now I know myself and others on here may not be ‘car show’ kind of people, so I wanted to setup a drive in the morning, and then end at Westwood’s Veterans Park where the car show will be held. Figure we would meet around 8 am have a light breakfast, do about a 1.5 hour drive, end up in Westwood, where we will be served lunch. I also have some giveaways and door prizes to hand out. *Desserts will also be provided by The Pasty Chef of NJ – Folks, this is worth the price of admission alone!*

The car show is from 11am – 2pm, so it’s not even an all day event. We’ll be inside eating for most of it. Please feel free to invite whoever you want if they have a cool car - This is for his charity, so it will be open to others outside of the usual car clubs. Just have them sign up via E-mail @ WestwoodCarShow@aol.com

Drivers fee is $60, and $50 for passenger. Includes lunch, door prizes, goodie bag with a few other odds and ends. No need to pre-pay, cash or check the day of the event is fine – but please sign up, as we are limited to about ~40 cars that will fit inside the park. (Please make check payable to: Christopher Hrbek Scholarship Fund)
Invite as many people as you want for the show - spectators are always free.
Chris’ family will also hand out a few trophies for their favorite cars. For more info on Chris or his charity, please visit http://www.sgthrbek.com
Event will take place on April 19th at ~8am in Mahwah NJ – Light breakfast and coffee provided, leaving around 8:30 – 9 am, do about a 1.5 – 2 hr drive, and end in Westwood at 11 am. Lunch at 12, awards at 1pm. More details will be provided to those that register.

The event will be covered by the local news papers and web patches.

More details to follow shortly - Please let me know who's in!

Enjoy this video that Anes put together a couple years ago - it pretty much sums up the days events.
https://vimeo.com/53303558

So far:

Mike - GTR
Jay - C7 Z06
Ari - R8
Josh - CTSV
Petey – Ferrari 355
Teddy - MB
Mark – Ford GT
Russ - MB Vert
Alex – Aventador or Huracan
Marc - Porsche
Dr. Josh - Z8
Dino - Ultima GTR
Mav - F430
Scott - 991 Turbo
Dan – GTR/McLaren/Lambo SL
Scotty - Lotus
Wes - Z06
Larry - Mosler or SSC Aero?
John - Ferrari 599
Ray - Twin Turbo UGR Lambo
Dave - Lambo
Bradley - MP4-12C
Mark - Aventador
Chris - 458
Sal - Murci SV
Bobby - GTR
Angelo - Lambo Performante
Angelos Friend - GTR
JP - Z06
Peter - Performante
Addison - Aventador
Jason - Viper
Alan - Porsche
Ray S - '65 Shelby Cobra
Andy - GT2
Lambo Joe - GTR?
Steve K - Porsche

Check out attached flyer and let me know if you'll attend. Thank you for your support!

Attached Images  

Last edited by turbo50mike; 04-18-2015 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 08:38 AM
turbo50mike
Racer

List updated - Sign up, guys! This is a great event for a great cause!

Old 04-17-2015, 09:09 AM
turbo50mike
Racer

Anyone else interested? Weather is looking like it's going to be a GREAT day!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:49 PM
14C7
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Turbo Mike.....WOW...WOW...WOW...THANK YOU FOR GREAT DAY. NOT SURE WHAT SITE YOU GUYS USE TO STAY IN TOUCH...THX AGAIN FOR A VERY MEMORABLE DAY !!!!
PAUL D....2014 WHITE C7 VETTE
Old 04-21-2015, 12:37 PM
turbo50mike
Racer

Originally Posted by 14C7
Hey Turbo Mike.....WOW...WOW...WOW...THANK YOU FOR GREAT DAY. NOT SURE WHAT SITE YOU GUYS USE TO STAY IN TOUCH...THX AGAIN FOR A VERY MEMORABLE DAY !!!!
PAUL D....2014 WHITE C7 VETTE
Thank you for your support! What a great day it was!

Some pics that Jimmy took can be seen here -

http://innocenzociorra.smugmug.com/A...l-Drive-Show-/

Attached Images       
Old 04-21-2015, 01:11 PM
14C7
Intermediate
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG...Thanks so much for the pics, you and your family really stepped up !!! Please jot down my email to keep me in the loop.....The Jersey Boys get it done. I also heard something about some an airport to really let em breathe. My email is pdempsey@danperkins.com. Again really was quite a day. Have you heard from Ferrari owner about his damage ??? thx again....Paul

Get notified of new replies

To April 19th 2015 - Drive and Show for a Hero - Sgt. Hrbek Memorial Car Show

Quick Reply: April 19th 2015 - Drive and Show for a Hero - Sgt. Hrbek Memorial Car Show