Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Recommendations for Reading, PA C7 service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 11:47 AM
3rail
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommendations for Reading, PA C7 service?

Hey guys. I posted over on the main C7 board but thought possibly someone here could also offer some advice.

I bought my C7 from one of the large forum dealers, however, having my C7 serviced there is not very practical. No need to dispute buying local (who had no allocation) versus where I bought.

Regardless, does anyone have a recommendation on where to get service in the Reading, PA area? I am coming up on the 500 mile oil change.

I am not looking for anyone to do my legwork, I can call around and try to find one with a qualified service tech on staff. Just looking for any feedback.

I heard good things about Steve Spencer at Bryner Chevrolet in Jenkintown PA and also Klick-Lewis in Palmyra, PA.

Thanks.

Donald
Old 04-09-2015, 03:37 PM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

Try County Corvette in West Chester, PA Not a long drive
Old 04-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Glen1224
Burning Brakes

Location: Lower Macungie Township ; Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I've taken my last 4 vettes and my daily drivers to Quigley Chevy in Bally. They're very good and honest. I've been dealing there for the last 28 years. None f my vettes were bought there. Ask for Donna; she's the service manager.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:22 PM
Oshuwah
Pro

I've taken both my C6's to Elmor Chevy in Morgantown. No complaints.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:09 AM
3rail
Instructor

Thanks guys, all good advice.

Donald
Old 04-10-2015, 06:39 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,766 Likes on 969 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rail
Hey guys. I posted over on the main C7 board but thought possibly someone here could also offer some advice.

I bought my C7 from one of the large forum dealers, however, having my C7 serviced there is not very practical. No need to dispute buying local (who had no allocation) versus where I bought.

Regardless, does anyone have a recommendation on where to get service in the Reading, PA area? I am coming up on the 500 mile oil change.

I am not looking for anyone to do my legwork, I can call around and try to find one with a qualified service tech on staff. Just looking for any feedback.

I heard good things about Steve Spencer at Bryner Chevrolet in Jenkintown PA and also Klick-Lewis in Palmyra, PA.

Thanks.

Donald
It's a pretty long drive for you to get to Bryner, but for dealership service Steve Spencer is REALLY good and he will treat your car right
Old 04-10-2015, 02:06 PM
0Shane@CountyCorvette
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rail

Thanks.

Donald

Donald,

We can certainly take care of your Corvette needs! Give us a call @610.696.7888 anytime Monday-Friday 8-5pm and Saturday 9-12pm.

I'd love to earn your business. You'll find our facility is one of the best equipped Corvette specialty shops in the nation!

-Shane

Originally Posted by jimmymack
Try County Corvette in West Chester, PA Not a long drive
Thanks for the recommendation Jimmy!

-Shane
Old 04-18-2015, 07:34 AM
3rail
Instructor

UPDATE 04/17/15

Thanks everybody for all the good suggestions. I was talking to my older brother (Corvette owner forever) and he suggested I contact PENSKE GMC / Buick right down the hill from me in Shillington. The service manager is a previous president of the local SDCC in Reading and the dealership is literally 1 mile from my house.

Anyway, I had an appointment for yesterday at 1:30 and rolled the Stingray into the service area. I was immediately met by (2) friendly service advisors who took care of me. One of the advisors commented that mine was their 8th Corvette serviced today. That sounded like a good thing.

I explained to them my concerns about the dry sump 500 mile service. I also gave them my copies of the Chevrolet service bulletins outlining the service, the use of Mobil 1, etc. They understood my concerns. I was then shown the customer lounge and had a great cup of brewed coffee!

My son was with me, he is a Master Tech for Toyota. He stood and watched the whole procedure thru the glass while I relaxed and watched ESPN. The technician took great care working on my car, asked the Service Manager (previous President of local club) a few questions with the car up on the lift and then wiped everything down when finished. The Manager came out to see me with the 10th quart of Mobil 1 and asked if I wanted them to do the final fill or take it with me. I told him I would take it so he double wrapped it in plastic and placed it in the car.

In conclusion, I was extremely happy with my level of service, I was treated with respect and they took great care of my C7. Yes, they are a GMC dealership but it are still GM and my service was the same as going to a Chevrolet dealer. Based on the fact they had already serviced a number of Corvettes yesterday, they know a thing or two about our cars.

Donald

Get notified of new replies

To Recommendations for Reading, PA C7 service?

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Reading, PA C7 service?