Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Criswell extended warranty - Performance First

Old 05-11-2015, 08:04 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts
Default Criswell extended warranty - Performance First

Criswell is selling a 3rd party service contract call "Performance First" offered by "Dimension Service Corporation." The price is cheap enough to make me suspicious, and in general I'm leary of these 3rd party companies, but I wonder if anyone has dealt with them and has anything to report, good or bad.
Old 05-13-2015, 12:09 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Sent you a private message.
Old 11-14-2019, 03:24 PM
Chuck Voyles
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meyerweb
Criswell is selling a 3rd party service contract call "Performance First" offered by "Dimension Service Corporation." The price is cheap enough to make me suspicious, and in general I'm leary of these 3rd party companies, but I wonder if anyone has dealt with them and has anything to report, good or bad.
Did you ever get feedback on this?
Old 11-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

Read the fine print.

Let me say it again, read the fine print.

Often times the 3rd party warranty companies disclaim more parts and systems than they cover. This is plan dependent as well.

*If* you are buying an extended warranty thru a dealer, you had better know the service advisor and manager quite well. They understand the caveats of how to write the warranty repair estimates to 1) make sure the tech gets paid and 2) ensure that you pay as little out of pocket as possible.

A "for example" on this is "misfires". Modern direct injection motors suffer from carbon buildup on the valve stem areas and so forth. The extended warranties DO NOT pay for carbon cleaning. However, the warranty *might pay for diagnosis fees, coil swap bad intake manifold gaskets (get the drift?).

In disassembling the top end of the motor for the above items, the carbon cleaning is a no-brainer easy process while the gaskets are being replaced.

Again, it is about dealer warranty and playing the game. The 3rd party warranty companies aren't issuing policies to lose money. There are some dynamics imcuded to navigate issues to your advantage.

MRC shocks? Check out the fine print for sure. Most times they fall into the "wear and tear" category and are not covered. So, buy the plan that does cover electronic suspension systems from end to end...

Old 11-20-2019, 11:19 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

My BUYING experience with Criswell's was excellent. The extended warranty was another story. But keep in mind that was in 2012. A lot may have changed, including warranty companies, since then. So I won't share my old troubles.
The following users liked this post:
John 511 (11-22-2019)

Get notified of new replies

To Criswell extended warranty - Performance First

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Criswell extended warranty - Performance First