Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Vette doctors?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 06:28 AM
John_B
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Vette doctors?

I'm looking for recent experience's with vette doctors for both tunes and work done or any experience at all with them. I am going to be buying a C5Z very soon and I live on Long Island, they are probably 15-20 min from my house so obviously local and I've read a lot of good things about them on this site.

I'm just asking for recent experiences because from what i read, Carmen retired and isn't there anymore? Who most of the posts are about when I search. A lot of positive reviews and stories but going back a few years so I just want to make sure they still have the same reputation without Carmen. I plan on going to check out the shop when I do get the car but for now just researching and doing my homework so any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:33 AM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I was there in the November. I dropped my C5 Vert off to have them go over the car and fix a few issues to prep it for sale. It was business as usual. Dennis is still there and working on the cars.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:18 PM
John_B
Racer

That's good to hear. What about tunes? Carmen used to tune the cars, how are the tunes from whoever took over?

I don't expect anything bad, just wanting to hear reviews and customers real thoughts and opinions.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:44 PM
chaase
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by John_B
That's good to hear. What about tunes? Carmen used to tune the cars, how are the tunes from whoever took over?

I don't expect anything bad, just wanting to hear reviews and customers real thoughts and opinions.
I am not sure who did the tune but the updates to my car have it running better. The car was showing lean codes in the history on occasion when I brought it in and that was fixed. The idle seems smoother and the high stall converter seems less noticeable now.I would give it a positive review. I am sure someone who isn't used to driving my car will find little things to ****le about but this car pulls like a freight train all the way to the red line and has been very reliable.

Last edited by chaase; 06-23-2015 at 04:50 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:58 PM
John_B
Racer

Sounds good, I'm glad you're happy. Hopefully some others can chime in
Old 06-25-2015, 08:56 PM
pbadad
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Was there last month

Sounds good, I'm glad you're happy. Hopefully some others can chime in
Car up from Florida
Oil change & Procharger service
Dennis has it all covered... It's all good
Old 06-29-2015, 02:03 PM
x88
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Never tried them but when comparing quotes they were the most expensive out of 5+ shops within 250 miles. They were very nice on the phone, however
Old 06-29-2015, 04:20 PM
John_B
Racer

Interesting, never thought about the price but I've heard that from other locals as well
Old 06-29-2015, 07:31 PM
pbadad
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Old quote

Interesting, never thought about the price but I've heard that from other locals as well
you get what you pay for 💰💰💰
Old 07-04-2015, 07:07 PM
tuboy19
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

They aren't as local, but I would contact Complete Street Performance in West Chester, PA. They built and tuned my C6 with a 416 and A&A kit... drives perfect and no problems at all. Everyone who works there has a Corvette too so they're all very familiar.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:40 PM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chaase
I am not sure who did the tune but the updates to my car have it running better. The car was showing lean codes in the history on occasion when I brought it in and that was fixed. The idle seems smoother and the high stall converter seems less noticeable now.I would give it a positive review. I am sure someone who isn't used to driving my car will find little things to ****le about but this car pulls like a freight train all the way to the red line and has been very reliable.
Thanks Chris, can't tell a lie but I did it.....

Ed M
Old 07-11-2015, 10:13 PM
chaase
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by mowton
Thanks Chris, can't tell a lie but I did it.....

Ed M
You should've told me! The car has a new home now so I know who to blame if they don't like it.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:28 PM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chaase
You should've told me! The car has a new home now so I know who to blame if they don't like it.
Cute...glad you liked it.

We are doing some neat things remotely here at VDP including a two LT1 to LS1 24x reluctor conversions. The second has a procharger :-)

Hope all is well with you guys. Say hello

Ed M

Last edited by mowton; 07-12-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:47 AM
chaase
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by mowton
Cute...glad you liked it.

We are doing some neat things remotely here at VDP including a two LT1 to LS1 24x reluctor conversions. The second has a procharger :-)

Hope all is well with you guys. Say hello

Ed M
The funny part is the guy that bought the car from me was asking about tuning software. I ended up giving him the name of your new business if he wanted help learning.

Get notified of new replies

To Vette doctors?

Quick Reply: Vette doctors?