Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Hear exhaust in person (Near Long island area)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 07:50 AM
jmc9981
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Hear exhaust in person (Near Long island area)

Hey everyone, i live on long island and after about 10 years without a corvette i eventually came back to the corvette world. I should be taking delivery of my 2016 z06 next week and am having a hard time deciding between the corsa extreme exhaust and the borla atak. If anyone has these systems installed please let me know to see if i can hear it in person before i make a purchase.
Old 07-19-2015, 06:23 AM
slesher
Pro

Originally Posted by jmc9981
Hey everyone, i live on long island and after about 10 years without a corvette i eventually came back to the corvette world. I should be taking delivery of my 2016 z06 next week and am having a hard time deciding between the corsa extreme exhaust and the borla atak. If anyone has these systems installed please let me know to see if i can hear it in person before i make a purchase.
Welcome back. You might like the stock exhaust when it arrives. I've had both exhausts and decided the Borla Atak is for me.

The Corsa has a good tone, higher pitched, tips are larger by 1/2 inch, and get extremely loud with LT. Much cheaper too.

The Borla tone is aggressive, is louder than stock at idle and low rpm, screams at mid to high rpms, has an awesome inter cooled tip option, supports npp so you can tone it down when you need to.

Either way the best prices are likely through Ben @ WeaponX motor sports.

I'm in north jersey. When does your Z arrive
Old 07-20-2015, 08:47 AM
jmc9981
Racer

Originally Posted by slesher
Welcome back. You might like the stock exhaust when it arrives. I've had both exhausts and decided the Borla Atak is for me.

The Corsa has a good tone, higher pitched, tips are larger by 1/2 inch, and get extremely loud with LT. Much cheaper too.

The Borla tone is aggressive, is louder than stock at idle and low rpm, screams at mid to high rpms, has an awesome inter cooled tip option, supports npp so you can tone it down when you need to.

Either way the best prices are likely through Ben @ WeaponX motor sports.

I'm in north jersey. When does your Z arrive

Thanks for the info. Between the 2 exhaust systems which one would you say is louder? Funny thing is that originally i ordered a non z06 corvette but this thing still hasn't even started to be built. Then i found out that they had a red z06 that is supposed to arrive to the dealer this week so i did a last min. upgrade lol. As you can tell im not a fan of waiting lol.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:57 AM
slesher
Pro

Thanks for the info. Between the 2 exhaust systems which one would you say is louder? Funny thing is that originally i ordered a non z06 corvette but this thing still hasn't even started to be built. Then i found out that they had a red z06 that is supposed to arrive to the dealer this week so i did a last min. upgrade lol. As you can tell im not a fan of waiting lol.
On a volume scale of 1-10

Stock exhaust npp 5
Borla Atak npp 10
Corsa Extreme 13

They all have very different tones though which is very subjective.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:59 AM
jmc9981
Racer

Originally Posted by slesher
On a volume scale of 1-10

Stock exhaust npp 5
Borla Atak npp 10
Corsa Extreme 13

They all have very different tones though which is very subjective.
Thanks
Old 07-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Have you considered the Akrapovic exhaust as well? It's been highly anticipated and more and more clips are leaking with it being expected to ship within a couple weeks.

https://ink361.com/app/users/ig-1773...7717_177389049

Get notified of new replies

To Hear exhaust in person (Near Long island area)

Quick Reply: Hear exhaust in person (Near Long island area)