Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

YIPPEE - Corvettes at Carlisle Sticker Arrived Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 09:56 PM
Eleventh
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 54 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1 427
There is absolutely NO value in whatever number you have. Most have just made a game out of trying to get the lowest number year after year. It's all in fun.

General Corvette Parking doesn't have numbers. Only the Fun Field participants get the numbers and are eligible for the Celebrity Picks on Saturday. Fun Field owners park on the lower area around the grandstand and are closest to the grandstand, the rest rooms, food court, and swap meet.

General Corvette parking is up over the hill. You're still on the fairgrounds and don't have to drive around outside the gate hoping to find a spot, but you've got a walk ahead of you. It's not terrible and there's a good breeze there on hot days.

A word of advice............the weather is supposed to be perfect this weekend so the place is going to be PACKED. Get there early!!! And by early I mean 6 or 7 a.m. I expect the fun field will be parked full by 10 a.m. Friday and Saturday.

I'll be parked with the Veteran's Parking row E. If I'm there, stop and say hi.

Have fun and enjoy.
Thanks for the info! I'm in Harrisburg Thur night, so I can get there early in the morning.

I've been once before, enjoyed walking the Fun Field. My daughter has the 'one vette, two vette, red vette, blue vette' shirt from the corvette museum, so we spent time getting pictures of her in front of the matching vettes. Took a long time to find two green vettes next to each other ('two vettes').

http://www.brickelsracing.com/images/BECMSTY814.jpg
Old 08-26-2015, 10:10 PM
schmihe
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zipity
Just drive to Gate #3 and BEFORE you drive through the gate on your left will be a gravel parking lot, pull into that lot. Inside the trailer you can purchase your ticket to get into the fairgrounds and parking.
Thanks!!!
Old 08-26-2015, 10:44 PM
eldertek
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default YIPPEE - Corvettes at Carlisle Sticker Arrived Today

Headed up from Baltimore early Friday morning, anybody want to caravan up?
Meet at Hunt Valley Mall?
Old 08-26-2015, 11:42 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Thursday is almost as busy as Friday and Saturday anymore. Now there are people arriving and setting up their tents and chairs on Tuesdays. Lots of people on FB complaining about that, so I'm betting that next year the earliest you'll be allowed in will be Thursday again.
But yes, you can get in on Thursday.

Quick Reply: YIPPEE - Corvettes at Carlisle Sticker Arrived Today