Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Opinions: Which car to drive to connecticut

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 07:44 PM
jeffjob
POSSE Senior Hombre
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 211 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '17-'18

Originally Posted by XEUROTRASHOWNER
Hey that looks like a Prius LOL[/QUOTE]

Man, just when I had all that blocked out!

I know a few people that drive a Vette year round but even they have a second form of transport. There will be some days the Vette just will not get you there!
Old 08-23-2015, 08:28 PM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Hey that looks like a Prius LOL[/QUOTE]

Clearly you are not familiar with the shape of a Bentley Continental GT mirror.
Old 08-23-2015, 08:42 PM
T Will
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
Hey that looks like a Prius LOL
Clearly you are not familiar with the shape of a Bentley Continental GT mirror.[/QUOTE]

LOL Two of them
Old 08-23-2015, 08:49 PM
XEUROTRASHOWNER
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by T Will
Clearly you are not familiar with the shape of a Bentley Continental GT mirror.
LOL Two of them[/QUOTE]

Clearly!!! What was I thinking. Why stop with a Bentley. Hey isn't that a Bugatti Veyron Super sport
Old 08-23-2015, 10:13 PM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

LOL Two of them
Clearly!!! What was I thinking. Why stop with a Bentley. Hey isn't that a Bugatti Veyron Super sport[/QUOTE]

Clearly the Bugatti would not be left outside. It's in the garage!!!
Old 08-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Jimmy_D
Posse Rider
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Please tell me that you got the mower decks off before the snow came in.

777 is a brave, fearless and lucky man.

If you take one of the cars (I don't recommend it) definitely take the GTO. You have a 2007 Z; I have a 2006 Z; I can assure you that even without snow the normal Z06 tires (GY's, Michelin, Bridgestone, Nittos, etc.) are worthless at winter temperatures here. Also, we tend to have large chunks of ice that will meet your front end ... that won't be pretty.

Last winter. Our two daily drivers buried ... except for the mirrors.

Old 08-24-2015, 09:36 PM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Jimmy_D
Please tell me that you got the mower decks off before the snow came in.
I had the mower decks installed on the Bentley.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:12 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Received 489 Likes on 372 Posts

I had the mower decks installed on the Bentley.

one year I spent the winter at sea ray boats in cocoa beach florida and would take a walk on the beach when I got back to my hotel before calling my wife in st. Louis. sometimes she would have just gotten back in the house after shoveling snow for the umpteenth time that day and gave me hell about it for quite a while. now she says she is going to send me a selfie of her mowing the grass while i'm snowed in up there.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:38 AM
COCO RICK
Racer

Originally Posted by Sleazy Rider

one year I spent the winter at sea ray boats in cocoa beach florida and would take a walk on the beach when I got back to my hotel before calling my wife in st. Louis. sometimes she would have just gotten back in the house after shoveling snow for the umpteenth time that day and gave me hell about it for quite a while. now she says she is going to send me a selfie of her mowing the grass while i'm snowed in up there.
The bad news is Sea Ray is no longer there. The good news is Coconuts and The Shack still are.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:50 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

well, i'm here in new Hartford at a b&b for a few months at least. the drive was 1850 miles in the excursion and I was glad to get off my butt and not rolling. I can say that the area is beautiful and the people have really been friendly and helpful. maybe I can make a few of the local events around here and meet some of ya'll before everyone puts their cars up for the winter. on the way up I-81 I saw at least 100 vettes going south so when I stopped in at Scranton I met a c4 owner and a few others who said it was probably cars leaving Carlyle. never even thought about that being so far from there.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:11 AM
COCO RICK
Racer

Originally Posted by Sleazy Rider
well, i'm here in new Hartford at a b&b for a few months at least. the drive was 1850 miles in the excursion and I was glad to get off my butt and not rolling. I can say that the area is beautiful and the people have really been friendly and helpful. maybe I can make a few of the local events around here and meet some of ya'll before everyone puts their cars up for the winter. on the way up I-81 I saw at least 100 vettes going south so when I stopped in at Scranton I met a c4 owner and a few others who said it was probably cars leaving Carlyle. never even thought about that being so far from there.
Give this a try. I went last week. Lots of nice people.

NOT THE LAST CORVETTE ONLY SHOW AT HOOTERS in Wethersfield CT. Because of the OUTSTANDING turnouts The No Rules Corvette Club is continuing the Corvettes Only Wednesday Night Show up to and including September 30th. Come and support the kids so they can be kids for a while without the stresses of their illnesses. This is what Paul Newman had in mind when he started The Hole In The Wall Gang in Ashford Ct. Paul, in spirit, will be watching so help us out to help the kids. NRCC
Old 09-02-2015, 11:03 AM
slesher
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by basicstrategy777
I'd take the corvette. Don't cry till you're hurt. We have global warming. It would be a good time to check your cold weather stuff you normally don't operate. Probably the corvette engineers put the car in a cold/freeze box to make sure it works in the cold. So if you can't get out because of weather, you'll figure something out.

When all is said and done....what's the worse that can happen. Don't be a *****...take the Vette.

Unless life is an adventure it is nothing.

With a winter tire and additional cleanup maintenance the only thing the OP would have to worry about is other drivers. But that is the case for any car.
Old 09-15-2015, 08:49 PM
a71vette
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

Good thing you brought the Excursion. I've moved south twice (once was to The Woodlands) and to CT twice. The first time we moved to CT from FL my wife had a BMW Z3 with summer tires. We parked it all winter, the first time she took it out on a cold spring morning, she hit a patch of black ice and then a tree. Spent 5 days in the ICU and 2 months recovering. After that, all daily drivers are AWD with either snow tires or good SUV tires. Just not worth the risk.

Welcome to CT by the way, my '71 big block is a TX native, found it neglected in a garage in The Woodlands and shipped it up when I moved back.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:09 PM
Sleazy Rider
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by a71vette
Welcome to CT by the way, my '71 big block is a TX native, found it neglected in a garage in The Woodlands and shipped it up when I moved back.

thanks. I live 3 miles due east as the crow flies from the woodlands mall. it was 51 degrees here this morning and i'll be glad to go home for the weekend the first weekend in oct. it'll be our 34th anniversary.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:50 PM
a71vette
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 18 Posts

I was at the other end of The Woodlands Pkwy, out by Shenandoah. Right by where those 2 guys in Vettes drag raced and crashed and got caught on some guy's dash cam...

I don't miss the summer heat down there...but winters here can get tiring...
Old 09-16-2015, 06:12 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Excursion. You will regret bringing anything else.

Quick Reply: Opinions: Which car to drive to connecticut