Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Mr. Tire - Springfield, VA

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 02:02 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts
Default Mr. Tire - Springfield, VA

Not quite in the Northeastern region, but those in much of Maryland aren't too far away.

Ordinarily, I don't think I could see myself recommending a shop like Mr. Tire to work on our precious wheels and low profile runflat tires. But there are exceptions to every rule.

At this particular Mr. Tire, one of the tire changers, by the name of Gene, used to work at a NoVA Corvette only shop. He understands Corvette owners, and knows how to handle a tire mounting machine so that our rims don't get scratched. I was able to watch him mount all 4 tires today, and he was very careful. Even wiped the excess lube off the sidewall.

I also bought my tires there. I got some tires to mount on a set of take off OEM 18/19" rims for winter use. (No discussion of whether A/S tires or true winter tires are better, thanks. There are already multiple threads on that subject.)

Anyway, I looked at prices from the big online tire vendors, plus the cost of shipping and local mounting and balancing, and Mr. Tire was very close on price. The biggest difference was having to pay sales tax. Ordered them one day, had them in the next, and they scheduled an appointment for me with Gene so I didn't have to wait (well, not too long) for Gene to finish up other jobs.

(Their pricing for road hazard warranty is outrageous, though, so I sure wouldn't recommend that.)

If you go there, be sure to ask for Gene to mount your tires, and give him a tip to let him know we Corvette owners appreciate his careful attention to our desires.

Last edited by meyerweb; 09-23-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Mr. Tire - Springfield, VA