Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Paint correction near Philly

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 06:57 PM
slayer6x6
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Paint correction near Philly

I bought my black 2005 a few months ago, everything is great except it has quite a few clear coat scratches that really irk me on a sunny day.

I had the car detailed, but I don't think they were experienced enough with the paint correction process, and I've seen guys on here who do it pretty successfully.

Anybody have any suggestions?
Old 11-12-2015, 01:09 PM
djervin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a shame that you are a little far from me. I have been getting better and better with detailing throughout the years. With the formulas and machines that are out there now the process is not as bad as you would think. It is very time consuming, though. I use Adam's products and get ridiculous results. If you have a black car and minor imperfections bother you, get the product and handle it yourself. Watch some YouTube videos of "Junkman" or any of Adam's videos and enjoy it!
Old 11-12-2015, 10:57 PM
slayer6x6
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I'm sure with enough trial and error and enough research I'm sure I could figure it out. With an infant at home, and a self employed business, time is more of a commodity than money at the moment. At this point I'd rather just get a professional to get it done.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:50 AM
yamabob
Drifting

Received 741 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by slayer6x6
Yeah, I'm sure with enough trial and error and enough research I'm sure I could figure it out. With an infant at home, and a self employed business, time is more of a commodity than money at the moment. At this point I'd rather just get a professional to get it done.
I can maybe help you. However please be aware that some marks are better left alone. If they are too deep you will compromise the clear coat (which is your UV protection-even removing too much can cause a problem)
Old 11-14-2015, 03:39 PM
KevinD92
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm not a professional, but I can definitely help. I detail more so as a hobby on friends and family cars. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:42 AM
motoo344
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do it, sent you a pm!
Old 11-25-2015, 07:57 AM
slayer6x6
Burning Brakes

Hey guys, thank you for the replies. I did find a shop to take care of me, I appreciate the help!!

Get notified of new replies

To Paint correction near Philly

Quick Reply: Paint correction near Philly