Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Corvette Center, Newington, Ct

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 07:52 AM
LLToyman
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Center, Newington, Ct

Hey all you Northeast guys - I'm considering buying a vette from Corvette Center in Newington, Ct. Hoping someone out there can give me their experience with this company

I'm in Texas, so it will be a long distance, sight unseen purchase - can anyone out there help? Are their cars what they say they are? I've seen some great recos on their service, but I haven't seen much on their car sales

Any help would be appreciated - thanks guys!
Old 12-15-2015, 10:35 PM
jeffjob
POSSE Senior Hombre
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 211 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '17-'18

Originally Posted by LLToyman
Hey all you Northeast guys - I'm considering buying a vette from Corvette Center in Newington, Ct. Hoping someone out there can give me their experience with this company

I'm in Texas, so it will be a long distance, sight unseen purchase - can anyone out there help? Are their cars what they say they are? I've seen some great recos on their service, but I haven't seen much on their car sales

Any help would be appreciated - thanks guys!
I know Ray and this group and I know several people who have purchased from them and are very happy.

I trust Ray with all the work he has done on my C6 and he runs a great shop.

Ray is also heavily involved in the Corvette scene locally and nationally.

Obviously, he and his shop have my endorsement!

Jeff.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:48 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,017 Likes on 1,309 Posts

I've never bought a car from them, but years ago, I was contacted to do a pre-purchase inspection of a car they had for sale. It was exactly as described, and my customer was (and still is) quite happy with the car.

Since then, I've become friends with the owner, Ray Zisa, and he's a good guy. He vintage races Corvettes and I crew for another Corvette vintage racer, so we often hang out together at the races.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:09 PM
LLToyman
Cruising

Originally Posted by jeffjob
I know Ray and this group and I know several people who have purchased from them and are very happy.

I trust Ray with all the work he has done on my C6 and he runs a great shop.

Ray is also heavily involved in the Corvette scene locally and nationally.

Obviously, he and his shop have my endorsement!

Jeff.
Thanks for taking the time to respond, very much appreciate your comments!
Old 12-16-2015, 08:12 PM
LLToyman
Cruising

Originally Posted by gbvette62
I've never bought a car from them, but years ago, I was contacted to do a pre-purchase inspection of a car they had for sale. It was exactly as described, and my customer was (and still is) quite happy with the car.

Since then, I've become friends with the owner, Ray Zisa, and he's a good guy. He vintage races Corvettes and I crew for another Corvette vintage racer, so we often hang out together at the races.
Thank you very much for your comments, Ray is who I am talking to, and I'm happy to see a few people with positive comments about this retailer. Merry Christmas1
Old 12-17-2015, 09:53 PM
redrider
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Have not purchased a car from Corvette Center, but only have my C5 serviced by Ray and his team. Top notch as far as I'm concerned as others have said.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:50 AM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

They have been around a long time and have a great reputation.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:41 PM
LLToyman
Cruising

Originally Posted by 02redrider
Have not purchased a car from Corvette Center, but only have my C5 serviced by Ray and his team. Top notch as far as I'm concerned as others have said.
Thanks 02redrider, I appreciate you taking the time to respond, your opinion is important. Seems to be comparable to what others are saying.. Thanks again!
Old 12-19-2015, 03:44 PM
LLToyman
Cruising

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
They have been around a long time and have a great reputation.
Thanks CTYANK2, appreciate your response!
Old 12-19-2015, 07:53 PM
XEUROTRASHOWNER
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I would always advise to look before you buy. Plane ticket is cheap insurance. That being said, Ray is a very honest, straight shooter. He's been in the business for a long time and buy no means is hurts for business. You should be safe with this purchase.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:58 PM
LLToyman
Cruising

Originally Posted by XEUROTRASHOWNER
I would always advise to look before you buy. Plane ticket is cheap insurance. That being said, Ray is a very honest, straight shooter. He's been in the business for a long time and buy no means is hurts for business. You should be safe with this purchase.
Hey man, thank you so much for your opinion, happy to hear this type feedback. Agree with you that seeing in person would be best case, but in this instance it isn't possible. Think I'm going to take a flyer and trust ol' Ray this time.

Once again, thanks for taking the time
Old 12-19-2015, 10:34 PM
jeffjob
POSSE Senior Hombre
Support Corvetteforum!

You won't be sorry!
Old 12-24-2015, 11:58 AM
richscorvettes
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

We've been using the Corvette Center since 1989 for all our body and paint work amongst other things. We've always recommended them and have never found anyone who has not been happy.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Rich
Old 12-26-2015, 10:20 PM
LLToyman
Cruising

Originally Posted by richscorvettes
We've been using the Corvette Center since 1989 for all our body and paint work amongst other things. We've always recommended them and have never found anyone who has not been happy.

Best of luck with your purchase.

Rich
Thank you Rich for taking the time to comment! Your comment makes me feel a lot better, as I pulled the trigger with Ray last Monday on the GS Vert. It will be on it's way to Texas shortly!

Very much appreciate your help! Best to you
Old 01-12-2016, 09:15 PM
LLToyman
Cruising

Hey everyone, just wanted to follow up on my original post on Corvette Center in Newington, Ct. Based largely on input from members of the Forum, and on my interaction with Ray Zisa at Corvette Center, I pulled the trigger on a '10 Grand Sport Vert without ever seeing the car in person!

The guys at Corvette Center were very helpful in putting together a long-distance deal, and helping us get it done and shipped to Texas. I picked up the car yesterday at my dealer in Texas, and the car is just what Ray said it was. Cosmetically, the car looks great, and although I've only driven it about 300 miles home, it appears to be great mechanically as well.

A big thank you to Ray and Corvette Center, and also to the great folks on Corvette Forum!
Old 01-12-2016, 09:54 PM
jeffjob
POSSE Senior Hombre
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by LLToyman
Hey everyone, just wanted to follow up on my original post on Corvette Center in Newington, Ct. Based largely on input from members of the Forum, and on my interaction with Ray Zisa at Corvette Center, I pulled the trigger on a '10 Grand Sport Vert without ever seeing the car in person!

The guys at Corvette Center were very helpful in putting together a long-distance deal, and helping us get it done and shipped to Texas. I picked up the car yesterday at my dealer in Texas, and the car is just what Ray said it was. Cosmetically, the car looks great, and although I've only driven it about 300 miles home, it appears to be great mechanically as well.

A big thank you to Ray and Corvette Center, and also to the great folks on Corvette Forum!
Very cool and no surprise to me.

Ray is very stand up!
Old 01-13-2016, 07:21 AM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by jeffjob
Very cool and no surprise to me.

Ray is very stand up!

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Center, Newington, Ct

Quick Reply: Corvette Center, Newington, Ct