Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Corvettes at Carlisle RESERVED Fun Field Parking

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Zelicious
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Corvettes at Carlisle RESERVED Fun Field Parking

I have been attending Corvettes at Carlisle for the past 15 years and our group of 6 Corvettes always parks together on the Fun Field. I just found out that this year, for the first time, they are offering Reserved Fun Field parking for an additional cost but spaces are limited. It states on the Corvettes at Carlisle website that you can NOT register for RESERVED Fun Field parking online, that you must call a particular number. So I just called the number to register and get some information on how this works and where are the reserved spots located for the event. The representative on the phone knew NOTHING about the reserved parking! He put me on hold while he asked other people there if they had any information and said he couldn't find out anything and that I should call back in a week or so. WHAT????? Are you kidding me??

Anyway......have any of you guys registered for the reserved parking yet? I'm trying to find out WHERE on the Fun Field these reserved spots are located. Plus, if you have a group of Corvettes that want to park together do we all have to register at the same time.

Any info you guys have would be greatly appreciated as I'm not getting anything from the Carlisle website or phone number they have listed if you want to register.
Old 04-23-2016, 04:30 PM
JoeD-C8
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 205 Likes on 140 Posts
St. Jude Donor '18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Got a reserved spot lB67. I saw the heads up early on posted here and jumped on it.
Gotta love this forum.
I would call back Monday. Spoke with a woman who helped me out.

Last edited by JoeD-C8; 04-23-2016 at 04:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Zelicious (04-24-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 08:38 PM
jeffjob
POSSE Senior Hombre
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 211 Likes on 111 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '17-'18

Our group has about 10 reserved spots. Yes, I think you will need to get them at the same time to be all together.

Like advised, call back Monday and work it out.

Not too many of them so stay on it!
Zelicious (04-24-2016)
Old 04-23-2016, 10:12 PM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by jeffjob
Our group has about 10 reserved spots. Yes, I think you will need to get them at the same time to be all together.

Jeffjob's advice is correct. Call Monday morning and you will probably speak with someone who knows how it works. If not, ask to speak with someone else. I made reservations for our group and did need to speak to a couple of people there to get it worked out. Everyone in your group will need to buy a Funfield pass AND a reserved parking space. No guarantee the spaces will be together unless all are purchased at the same time (subject to availability).
The following 2 users liked this post by CTYANK2:
jeffjob (04-23-2016), Zelicious (04-24-2016)
Old 04-24-2016, 04:24 AM
Zelicious
Pro

Originally Posted by JoeD-C7
Got a reserved spot lB67. I saw the heads up early on posted here and jumped on it.
Gotta love this forum.
I would call back Monday. Spoke with a woman who helped me out.
WOW! You got a great spot!! That's the area we usually park in. Just praying there's still something left.

Originally Posted by jeffjob

Do you know where (what row) your spots are located?
Old 04-24-2016, 08:00 AM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Zelicious
WOW! You got a great spot!! That's the area we usually park in. Just praying there's still something left.

Do you know where (what row) your spots are located?
All reserved parking is in rows IB, IC and ID. All spots are great. See the 2016 Fun Field map for CAC below. The reserved parking area is on the West side of the stage and clearly marked on the map. Call them and they will tell you what spaces are still available:

http://www.carlisleevents.com/pdf/Corvette-Map.pdf
Old 04-24-2016, 04:39 PM
Zelicious
Pro

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
All reserved parking is in rows IB, IC and ID. All spots are great. See the 2016 Fun Field map for CAC below. The reserved parking area is on the West side of the stage and clearly marked on the map. Call them and they will tell you what spaces are still available:

http://www.carlisleevents.com/pdf/Corvette-Map.pdf
Thanks CTYANK2!. That's the info I've been looking for. I was afraid that whole section west of the stage was going to be "reserved parking". I didn't want to end up having to park on the hill. We usually park in Row IF or IG so looks like we will still be able to park there without having to pay the extra for a reserved spot.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:55 PM
Ol'55
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by Zelicious
Thanks CTYANK2!. That's the info I've been looking for. I was afraid that whole section west of the stage was going to be "reserved parking". I didn't want to end up having to park on the hill. We usually park in Row IF or IG so looks like we will still be able to park there without having to pay the extra for a reserved spot.
My crowd park on the top of the hill together every year. This will be the first year in forever that the Wife and I will miss CAC (we're moving). See Y'all in 2019!
Old 04-25-2016, 11:54 AM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by Ol'55
My crowd park on the top of the hill together every year. This will be the first year in forever that the Wife and I will miss CAC (we're moving). See Y'all in 2019!
Well, you will be missed, not only at CAC but everywhere else. Have a safe move.
Old 04-25-2016, 03:51 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Your group could always go for the VIP package. They're only taking 25 cars/50 people and there are a lot of perks including the celebrity dinner Friday night. Plus, it's for a great cause.
http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlis...?detailid=1345
Old 05-04-2016, 10:19 PM
Tebo38
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In all honesty, this is going to make parking for the new comers/ people who don't get reserved parking a much harder and confusing time parking
Old 05-05-2016, 11:11 AM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 130 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by Tebo38
In all honesty, this is going to make parking for the new comers/ people who don't get reserved parking a much harder and confusing time parking
There will be parking rage for sure Someone make break a hip
Old 05-05-2016, 11:25 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

In all honesty, they're only saving so many spots. It's not whole rows. And they may not even sell all of the spots. So I wouldn't worry about newcomers, etc. not being able to park.
Old 06-03-2016, 02:11 PM
MY5THVET
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How much more Lance dollars is this perk?????
The following 2 users liked this post by MY5THVET:
bluman (06-12-2016), Snakecharmer383 (06-06-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 10:18 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

The reserved parking is also I believe a fund raiser for the CM fund. For those who hate to wake up real early to get to the field and rush to find a spot this is for them. I believe it is where the Carlisle Blues were parked the past few yrs. It does not eat up a lot of the parking area, a couple rows at most I think...thats if they sell out. Newbies will not be any more confused as they normally would. Its a learning process...I started mine back in 97...still learning too. Park where ever you can upon arrival as long as it is not in club or display areas.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:42 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Best thing to do before going to the event is to check the Event Map on the Carlisle website. You can see which areas are set aside for special groups or reserved (including numbers) and then plan accordingly. If you go there and just park in any spot, then get told to move, don't get mad about it. It's because you didn't do your homework. (not directed at anyone when I say "you"). There are usually guys there from Carlisle that will check your car when you park to see what your sticker says. I'm sure mine will say "VIP", reserved will say "RESERVED", etc. Or they may be color coded. But they have ways of knowing and if you didn't register for the reserved spots and try to park there, you will get chased. Best thing about the reserved spots is that the spot is YOURS all weekend. Nobody else can park there no matter what time you get there. I like that idea because I've seen fights start when someone who has a canopy up, thinking that will hold his spot, shows up at noon only to find that someone is parked in front of his canopy. But the rule was after 10, all bets are off. I'm pretty sure we'll be doing reserved parking from now on.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:47 AM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Best thing to do before going to the event is to check the Event Map on the Carlisle website. You can see which areas are set aside for special groups or reserved (including numbers) and then plan accordingly. If you go there and just park in any spot, then get told to move, don't get mad about it. It's because you didn't do your homework. (not directed at anyone when I say "you"). There are usually guys there from Carlisle that will check your car when you park to see what your sticker says. I'm sure mine will say "VIP", reserved will say "RESERVED", etc. Or they may be color coded. But they have ways of knowing and if you didn't register for the reserved spots and try to park there, you will get chased. Best thing about the reserved spots is that the spot is YOURS all weekend. Nobody else can park there no matter what time you get there. I like that idea because I've seen fights start when someone who has a canopy up, thinking that will hold his spot, shows up at noon only to find that someone is parked in front of his canopy. But the rule was after 10, all bets are off. I'm pretty sure we'll be doing reserved parking from now on.
It is my understanding that unless the CAC map indicates Fun Field spaces are allocated for a specific group the spaces can't be held with a canopy. Only your Corvette can hold the space. After 10am it is my understanding that even the spaces designated for clubs are open to all. Go to the CAC website to see the map. Bottom line is arrive early or be prepared to park up on the hill. Or buy a reserved space. Lets not ruin your weekend or someone else's arguing over a parking space.
GS Diva (06-05-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes at Carlisle RESERVED Fun Field Parking

Old 06-04-2016, 07:16 AM
divotdug
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

I have been to many Carlisle events and shows over the last 25 years, spring & fall swap meets, GM Nationals and the Truck Nationals.

I only live about 80 miles away, just north of Baltimore. Visiting Carlisle is something my son an I look forward to throughout the year.

This will be my first Corvette Nationals. Unfortunately it looks like I will only be able to attend on Saturday or maybe ride up Friday afternoon.

I plan on registering my car but am wondering if I will end up being parked on top that freakin hill. Walking up and down that hill kills my 64 year old knees.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Old 06-04-2016, 11:09 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
It is my understanding that unless the CAC map indicates Fun Field spaces are allocated for a specific group the spaces can't be held with a canopy. Only your Corvette can hold the space. After 10am it is my understanding that even the spaces designated for clubs are open to all. Go to the CAC website to see the map. Bottom line is arrive early or be prepared to park up on the hill. Or buy a reserved space. Lets not ruin your weekend or someone else's arguing over a parking space.

Exactly right.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:46 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Exactly right.
all true but I think most people when they see a canopy or frame set up know its someones and move on...but yes you are correct...10 am is the key time...

Quick Reply: Corvettes at Carlisle RESERVED Fun Field Parking