Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Supercharger Install - ECS

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:04 PM
MDSilverVette
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Supercharger Install - ECS

Has anyone installed their own sc? If so, how difficult was it?

If not, what shop did you use to install/tune yours?

Thanks!

Last edited by MDSilverVette; 05-23-2016 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:42 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,091 Likes on 659 Posts

I would go with ECS, they probably know it best.

Kidding aside, the install is not that hard if you are familiar with tools and we supply a start up tune file for N/C.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:36 AM
BoosTTed C6
Pro

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

And while Doug is being modest, you should probably have a professional installer put it in. You will do one install, they do it every day. I would have a professional install the kit.

Certainly, unless you know how to tune, you should have a pro do that too.

I've read many posts on the forum over the years about guys messing up the install. I have also seen cars come into ECS from the self installer for completion and to fix the mistakes.

When I decided to supercharge my car, I had ECS do it even though I could have done the install if I had the time and the inclination. Instead, ECS did it once, did it right and gave me 5 years of trouble free driving and racing. And then, stupid me, I got talked into having ECS dismantle a perfectly good running 760 whpr car to build a 1xxx whpr twin turbo 427 car. Lesson to be learned: Don't drive anywhere with Doug if you are a speed junkie - he is a terrible influence.
The following users liked this post:
Movie Muscle (03-15-2024)
Old 05-24-2016, 09:38 AM
MDSilverVette
Racer

Old 05-24-2016, 11:46 AM
Dave concrete
Race Director

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by C6SC
And while Doug is being modest, you should probably have a professional installer put it in. You will do one install, they do it every day. I would have a professional install the kit.

Certainly, unless you know how to tune, you should have a pro do that too.

I've read many posts on the forum over the years about guys messing up the install. I have also seen cars come into ECS from the self installer for completion and to fix the mistakes.

When I decided to supercharge my car, I had ECS do it even though I could have done the install if I had the time and the inclination. Instead, ECS did it once, did it right and gave me 5 years of trouble free driving and racing. And then, stupid me, I got talked into having ECS dismantle a perfectly good running 760 whpr car to build a 1xxx whpr twin turbo 427 car. Lesson to be learned: Don't drive anywhere with Doug if you are a speed junkie - he is a terrible influence.
I so much agree with this advice. So many of the bad story's you here on this forum are self installers. Not trying to say there isn't great mechanics here but there is a difference in someone that does it daily to who does it once. Had them install it back in 07', everything is still original 25k miles later. Just want to add this because they ECS get flack sometimes with customer service. My cam bolts back out a little throwing a sensor 3 days after install. Chris told me to take it to any local shop he will pay for it. I choose to have his shop repair it and they came picked up my car 130 miles away no questions asked, and fixed immediately. Drop of loctite is all that was needed and retorque.
Old 05-24-2016, 04:14 PM
zblkr1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

doug does great work, i got my c5z tuned by him. no problem and awesome customer support win win!
Old 05-24-2016, 09:46 PM
1MEANGS
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

If you don't have any tuning experience obv I wouldn't tune it yourself. As far as the install goes I wouldn't hesitate to do it yourself if you have any type of mechanical knowage, it's pretty straight forward. The hardest part is pinning the crank. Obv ECS is a good choice if your local cuz they have installed a lot of ECS kits before (see what I did there lol) but if you have the time and want the satisfaction of wrenching on your own car I think it's a good idea.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:30 PM
MDSilverVette
Racer

Thank you all for the feedback!
Old 05-25-2016, 02:34 PM
EdsC6Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08-'10

I'd pay to have it installed professionally. Even the best kits can end up needing some tweaking to install and a pro has all the necessary tools to get it installed properly the first time. Tune is super important to get right as well.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:00 PM
MDSilverVette
Racer

Thanks for all of the suggestions. Got my ecs kit today. :-)

Old 05-29-2016, 09:22 AM
davered00ss
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

My Car is at Slowhawk Performance right now getting an A&A kit installed.

Get notified of new replies

To Supercharger Install - ECS

Quick Reply: Supercharger Install - ECS