Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Looking for someone to help test sound deadening product in NY/ Long Island

Old 07-05-2016, 04:15 PM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 279 Likes on 222 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Default Looking for someone to help test sound deadening product in NY/ Long Island

We are looking for someone to test our new product out!

A while back we posted a thread "Noisy Interior? here on the Corvette forum (in a few sections) and received some real good feedback.

The reason for the thread was because we had designed a mat that reduces interior noise in seconds. It lays right over your existing carpet. No adhesive...etc Just toss it in.
It is our hottest seller for the C7, C6 and the C5. Thousands sold.

Above shows the 3 piece kit. 1 large cargo mat. 1 for behind each seat.

We received a few calls asking for the Blockit for the C4. We wanted to reach out to C4 enthusiasts and see if a noisy interior was a real / big enough issue. ... and that's where the "Noisy Interior" thread comes in.
Based on the responses it is!

Apparently some people have too loud of an exhaust. Some people, especially from certain states that have concrete or funky asphalt suffer from tire & road noise.

So we made one for the C4 Coupe.
To start I'd like to see if anyone in NY/Long Island would like to try/test it out.
Basically you would lay it in and drive....that's it.

Then I'm also looking for someone in TX who might want to give it a whirl.

If your interested, please contact us. either here or PM or email:
sales@tkoperformance.com
Please leave a good phone number where you can be reached.

Thank you

Serving The Corvette Forum For 21 Years!!

Allow us to add you to the list of extremely satisfied customers.
Order Securely Online 24/7: http://tkoperformance.com/index.html
Feel Free To Contact Us By Phone: 1800 -778- 9898 Monday- Friday 9:00am to 4:30pm

Click Here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/TKO-Pe...e/367433626633
Old 07-18-2016, 02:00 PM
TKO Performance
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 279 Likes on 222 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Incase anyone was wondering, we did have forum members help us test our C4 "Quick & Quiet" Blockit Sound Deadening kit. (Quiets interiors in seconds)

We tested our C4 Blockit using 2 forum members....and the results are in.

First up was STEVEN13.
It was a pleasure meeting him and his 92. His car had Long tube Tri-Y headers catted to Borla muffler's. 6-Speed with Aluminum Flywheel and Ford 9” solid axle.
Unfortunately or fortunately (however you want to look at it), the roads are nicely paved. Nothing funky in the asphalt. No concrete roads to make the tires howl. So we did not get to check tire/road noise where the Blockit really shines.
However there was exhaust and some rear-end noise that seem to leak in.

From idle to a spirited 60 mph cruise, we both noticed right away that it did seem to quiet down the entire interior.

Do to some fabrication and aluminum panels Steve experiences some other rattles/vibrations which the DeadMats would absolutely help in this area.

Next Was Vette Daddy 77.

He lived in TX where we know there is an issue with the asphalt & concrete roads. So tire & road noise should be an issue.
We shipped it to him and he too was impressed with the results. Here is a quote from his email to me:

First impressions:
The mat and seat back pieces are well made (the cut edges are very regular and even. The pieces are symmetrical ( I measured ) and look good. The fit of the mat in the cargo area of my c4 is excellent. The installation was very easy.

First test drive:
The first test drive can be summarized as: Amazing! I expected some improvement, but the I was amazed at how much. The exhaust resonance heard in the cockpit is very reduced and the tire/ pavement noise is also very reduced. I drove on several road surfaces including newly resurfaced, old pavement and concrete. The noise level in the cockpit was very reduced in every case. The high frequency noise on the concrete roadway was from the front tire area only. I intend to test drive on various additional road surfaces this week and will report on my impressions of the mat's attenuation of unpleasant noise.
Thank you for the opportunity to test your product.

No, Thank you for testing this for us!!
I real pleasure speak and dealing with both of these fine gentlemen.

Based on the testing we did plus the testing with Forum members, we are going to go ahead and release the Blockit 3 piece Sound Deadening mats for the 84-96 C4 Corvette.

We will release this soon. We will launch with a forum special. Be on the look out for a new thread.
Thank you all!

Ed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking for someone to help test sound deadening product in NY/ Long Island