Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Good Mechanic in Pittsburgh

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 07:37 PM
AVID
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good Mechanic in Pittsburgh

Good evening all,

Do any of you know of a good mechanic around Pittsburgh? I'm looking for a good shop to help troubleshoot an ignition problem. The two shops around me want to just throw Optisparks at the problem and not do any extensive troubleshooting.

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2016, 11:22 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Not sure what year you have, but if it's 82 or older, these guys have a good rep.
http://www.corvettetech.com/ And if they can't help you, they might be able to point you to someone.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:08 AM
AVID
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the response, I've heard about an equal amount of praise and scorn for those guys, given the options I have at the moment I'll probably reach out to them to see what they have to say. I've got a '94 so I don't know how much they'll be able to do, but as you said they may know somebody who will be able to take a swing at it.
Old 07-28-2016, 08:37 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

If not, then try contacting the local Vette club. www.ccwp.org Corvette Club of Western Pa. There are a TON of knowledgeable people there and quite a few C4 owners. And they're a decent club, real active. Someone there should be able to help you out.

You could also try Grabiak's in Blairsville/New Alexandria. That's who I take mine to, but I've never had to have any serious work done on my current Vette. I have a local guy who worked on my last Vette (headers, exhaust, fuel injectors, etc) but he's semi retired now and only does oil changes for friends.

Last edited by USA1 427; 07-28-2016 at 08:40 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Good Mechanic in Pittsburgh

Quick Reply: Good Mechanic in Pittsburgh