Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

NY/NJ Shops closed weekends? HUH !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Z06-HEC*
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default NY/NJ Shops closed weekends? HUH !!!!

Just called Vette Doctors and JTM MotorSports to see if they had Saturday availability...
Both Closed on weekends...

I mean, people work, how much business do they lose closing on weekends?
Should we have to take a day off to get a diagnostic or service done?
9-5 hours? So even if i plan to drop off the car i still have to take a half day or day off to get to the shop?

I need a shop open on the weekends NY/NJ...
Need them to look at my car tell me if i need a clutch, slave, tranny or im good...
Old 08-04-2016, 01:39 PM
zblkr1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06-HEC*
Just called Vette Doctors and JTM MotorSports to see if they had Saturday availability...
Both Closed on weekends...

I mean, people work, how much business do they lose closing on weekends?
Should we have to take a day off to get a diagnostic or service done?
9-5 hours? So even if i plan to drop off the car i still have to take a half day or day off to get to the shop?

I need a shop open on the weekends NY/NJ...
Need them to look at my car tell me if i need a clutch, slave, tranny or im good...
Being in the field for years, most people drop off during the week and if its a good shop than they probably don't lose any business by not being open on the weekends because people will work around them, if they are that good.

I've worked at a few shops here and there that open on the weekends, ask any mechanic or shop, Saturday customers / work is not worth the extra money. Its 90% LOF's and people looking for things for free.

You need someone to tell you if you need a clutch, slave, tranny or you are good? Alittle broad... whats your issue? Sounds like it drives fine if you think you could be good?

Last edited by zblkr1; 08-04-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:38 PM
Z06-HEC*
Racer

Originally Posted by zblkr1
Being in the field for years, most people drop off during the week and if its a good shop than they probably don't lose any business by not being open on the weekends because people will work around them, if they are that good.

I've worked at a few shops here and there that open on the weekends, ask any mechanic or shop, Saturday customers / work is not worth the extra money. Its 90% LOF's and people looking for things for free.

You need someone to tell you if you need a clutch, slave, tranny or you are good? Alittle broad... whats your issue? Sounds like it drives fine if you think you could be good?

So i thought clutch at first but i want to be sure. Few Racing events, and it was fine but towards end of last event i missed 3rd a few times because it refused to go into gear while close to red line.
(I had been changing clutch fluid before and during the event to keep it clean) I used cheap ISSH Valvolene and later realized they have a low boiling point.
So i have since switched and it drives fine and shifts all through. But here and there it may be a little hard to go into 3rd, or even Reverse.
It goes in but i usually need to go into 2 first. I havent raced since then. But there is another event coming up and i wanted to be sure its just the fluid change that did it... I dont want to be on the track and brake the tranny or something else...

Last edited by Z06-HEC*; 08-04-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:32 PM
JTMmotorsports
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06-HEC*
So i thought clutch at first but i want to be sure. Few Racing events, and it was fine but towards end of last event i missed 3rd a few times because it refused to go into gear while close to red line.
(I had been changing clutch fluid before and during the event to keep it clean) I used cheap ISSH Valvolene and later realized they have a low boiling point.
So i have since switched and it drives fine and shifts all through. But here and there it may be a little hard to go into 3rd, or even Reverse.
It goes in but i usually need to go into 2 first. I havent raced since then. But there is another event coming up and i wanted to be sure its just the fluid change that did it... I dont want to be on the track and brake the tranny or something else...
Sorry about the inconvenience, but we put a lot of hours in during the week (usually 10-12 a day) we like to give all our employees time to spend with their families, especially in the summer, so a two day weekend is much deserved for them.. That being said we try to accommodate everybody who calls and needs to get something looked at or in the shop for a small repair.. And if you do have a transmission/clutch problem chances are your car will need to stay at the shop for a few days anyway.. We would love to take a look at the car for you, if you can arrange to get us the car during the week...
Thanks JTM

Last edited by JTMmotorsports; 08-08-2016 at 11:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Z06-HEC* (08-04-2016)
Old 08-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

90% of us are racing during the weekends and doing the same thing other car people like to enjoy doing on the weekends.... most people have off weekends so why cant we?
The following users liked this post:
Gxpz06 (08-08-2016)
Old 08-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Z06-HEC*
Racer

Originally Posted by Frans96ss
90% of us are racing during the weekends and doing the same thing other car people like to enjoy doing on the weekends.... most people have off weekends so why cant we?

"MOST" people in a services or sales industry DO NOT have off on Saturday unless they are Jewish in which they work Sunday instead.
For me to take a day off for a diagnostic, and drive from Staten Island (South, by 440) all the way to Mid Long Island is a waste of time.

If i am set on a service, like an upgrade i am planning or something, it make sense to take off and deliver the car. OR maybe the shop have more reasonable weekday hours instead of 9-5, maybe 1 day of the week start at 11 and close shop at 7.... Its more appealing to customers to know they can pick up their car from service and not have to take a day off.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:31 PM
KevinD92
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Open your own shop then. You don't want to take a half day to have your car looked at so you expect other's to work overtime to accommodate you. Try thinking of employees and their families. They clearly don't need to be open on weekends if business is coming in. Typical case of "the customer is always right."
Old 08-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1592786617

Get notified of new replies

To NY/NJ Shops closed weekends? HUH !!!!

Quick Reply: NY/NJ Shops closed weekends? HUH !!!!