Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Supercharger Kit and Carbon Fiber Hood for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 01:18 PM
MDSilverVette
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Supercharger Kit and Carbon Fiber Hood for sale

Just posting this in the local section as well.

Hello All,

This is a feeler thread as I am debating on getting a 15' Z06 if I do sell all of these items.

ECS1500 kit that was just installed on June 10th, 2016. Since then, I have put under 500 miles on the car so it's basically still brand new. It has not been to the track. The kit is still currently on the car and will be removed when someone buys it.

This kits works on the LS3 and LS7.

I prefer to have a local sale for all of these items or can probably meet you within the areas of MD/DC/VA/DE/NJ/PA. I will ship at the buyers expense or we can negotiate a price but packaging well to avoid any damage and shipping the hood/quarter panel can be pricey. If you want to arrange shipping, that works for me also.

4150.00 ECS1500 Kit - The kit will include everything it came with, except the pin kit which is inexpensive to buy. I am including the TiAL QR and the Q BOV's. Everything is not pictured in the picture below with the kit on the floor.

1300.00 Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood (now known as Anderson Composites) - Installed in March of 2016 and simply bolts on by swapping OEM hardware and fitment is perfect unlike a lot of aftermarket hoods - very easy swap.

$55.00 Mild2Wild Exhaust Controller w/ remote

If you have any questions, please pm me as I would like keep the thread clean for potential buyers.

Thanks for looking.

Old 08-04-2016, 04:19 PM
eb_rat_7
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you have a thermal barrier on the underside of the CF hood? I couldn't tell in the pictures.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:24 PM
MDSilverVette
Racer

Originally Posted by eb_rat_7
Do you have a thermal barrier on the underside of the CF hood? I couldn't tell in the pictures.
No, I didn't apply it. I was going to use Thermo-Tec which Seibon recommends if you use anything.
The following users liked this post:
eb_rat_7 (08-04-2016)
Old 08-04-2016, 05:58 PM
eb_rat_7
Racer

Originally Posted by MDSilverVette
No, I didn't apply it. I was going to use Thermo-Tec which Seibon recommends if you use anything.
Did it do ok without the coating? Any change in color or cracking of the resin? I'm asking because I have the same hood sitting in my basement waiting to be installed and I was debating if I should install it without the barrier.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:12 PM
MDSilverVette
Racer

Yes, it is perfectly fine with out it. No change in color or cracking. Honestly, it doesn't even get that hot...warm to the touch, that's it. I have seen people run the thermo-tec for heat and with out and never had issues. If I end up keeping it, I may add it just because it can't hurt.

When are you going to install yours?
Old 08-05-2016, 02:26 PM
eb_rat_7
Racer

Originally Posted by MDSilverVette
Yes, it is perfectly fine with out it. No change in color or cracking. Honestly, it doesn't even get that hot...warm to the touch, that's it. I have seen people run the thermo-tec for heat and with out and never had issues. If I end up keeping it, I may add it just because it can't hurt.

When are you going to install yours?
I'm not sure. I had tried to put the thermo-tec to the underside but had not been pleased with the way it came out. I was then going to have a local shop do the coating/install but I quickly realized it was too large to fit in any of my cars (vette, gti, camaro) to get it to the shop. I've been in a kind of holding pattern. Since you have had success without the coating, I will probably install it as soon as I have free time and then just drive to the shop with the hood installed to have them coat it.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:34 PM
MDSilverVette
Racer

Originally Posted by eb_rat_7
I'm not sure. I had tried to put the thermo-tec to the underside but had not been pleased with the way it came out. I was then going to have a local shop do the coating/install but I quickly realized it was too large to fit in any of my cars (vette, gti, camaro) to get it to the shop. I've been in a kind of holding pattern. Since you have had success without the coating, I will probably install it as soon as I have free time and then just drive to the shop with the hood installed to have them coat it.

Gotcha. Yes, I haven't had any issues. Here is what it should look like when done...probably a lot easier to do it while the hood is off though.

Get notified of new replies

To Supercharger Kit and Carbon Fiber Hood for sale

Quick Reply: Supercharger Kit and Carbon Fiber Hood for sale