Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Any South Jersey Z06/Z07 owners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 09:15 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Any South Jersey Z06/Z07 owners?

If so, would you be willing to take me for a ride?

I found a leftover 2016 Z06/Z07 with a price that would be difficult to let slip away. However, the Z07 option increases the stiffness of the suspension and according to some accounts, takes it way over the top for a DD; which will be my primary usage.

I've read all the threads on this combination and the consensus is, well..., all over the place. So, I thought I would reach out to the forum community to see if someone in my area has that combination and would be willing to take me out so I could judge for myself.

I know, a strange request, but...

Thanks for listening.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:58 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

A question I always wondered: Why is it South Jersey but Southern California? Why isn't it Southern Jersey and South California?
Old 10-23-2016, 11:42 AM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by defaria
A question I always wondered: Why is it South Jersey but Southern California? Why isn't it Southern Jersey and South California?

Excellent question, the answer to which I do not know. It's been called South Jersey for as long as I can remember.

Memory no longer being what it once was, but I think I recall a ballot initiative, or proposed initiative, about splitting the state into North Jersey, with all the heavy industry, oil refineries, etc..., and South Jersey, with all the farmland, trees and bubbas.

Still waiting to see if anyone in my area has a Z06 with Z07...
Old 10-23-2016, 12:56 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Sorry for hijacking the thread a little. I hope somebody answers your question. I don't have a Z06, I have a Z51. However, mine's a DD. As for stiffness, it's controllable via the mode selector. I often have it in Tour mode but when I miss the stiffness I dial in Sport or Track mode. Track mode on windy mountain roads is wonderful. That's said, having been born in NJ (don't hold it against me) I feel for your pothole ridden roads. Nice roads out here in San Diego, SoCal area.

Having lived in California since around '88 I often asked people why they call it Southern California instead of South California (hey they put "the" in front of every numbers interstate and highway - "take *the* 5 to *the* 405 to *the* 10 - still bothers me - you don't say "and then take a left on *the* oak street do you?). Note that there have been several initiatives to split California. When asked some Californian's will attempt to justify it saying "Well that's because it's not a state. You got yer South & North Carolina's and your South and North Dakota's". That's when I hit them up with "Well they always called it South Jersey".
Old 10-23-2016, 01:34 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenGA
If so, would you be willing to take me for a ride?

I found a leftover 2016 Z06/Z07 with a price that would be difficult to let slip away. However, the Z07 option increases the stiffness of the suspension and according to some accounts, takes it way over the top for a DD; which will be my primary usage.

I've read all the threads on this combination and the consensus is, well..., all over the place. So, I thought I would reach out to the forum community to see if someone in my area has that combination and would be willing to take me out so I could judge for myself.

I know, a strange request, but...

Thanks for listening.
If you can't find anyone offering to let you in their car...Kerbeck will let you test drive the cars. I think we covered this in another thread not too many months ago.

Regarding the terms south or southern...It's South Jersey or Southern New Jersey.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:34 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by direct007
If you can't find anyone offering to let you in their car...Kerbeck will let you test drive the cars. I think we covered this in another thread not too many months ago.

Regarding the terms south or southern...It's South Jersey or Southern New Jersey.
I had thought about talking to Dave about taking a Kerbeck car out for a drive. However, since the reason for the post and asking a forum member to take me out was because the car I am looking at is a leftover 2016 at another dealer. Asking Dave would make me uncomfortable.

Last edited by GreenGA; 10-23-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:58 PM
TurboRegal84
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Your interested in buying the car and the dealer won't let you drive it? I'd quit wasting your time on them.

Contact Kerbeck...odds are they may be able to match the deal and they will let you drive it before forking over $.
Old 10-25-2016, 10:53 AM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Someone posted a reply last evening around 22:00, but I cannot locate that post. However, I will reply as if I did...

I should have been a bit more explicit. The dealer that has to Z06/Z07 is about 1000 miles away, hence my looking for someone local to give me ride...

However, if the dealer was local, then I would agree with your sentiment, walk away and go elsewhere.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:43 AM
RFBHD
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 176 Posts

Z07 takes it way over the top for a DD ??? I dont think so.... I keep mine in touring with the steering and exhaust locked in sport . I love how you can dial this car in just about any way you want.... I dont think a test drive or ride will help much.... on the other hand the power and response will blow your mind.... i went from a 14 Z51 to my 16 Z06 If you want to come over the bridge to Bucks County for a ride we can do it

buy that car!!!! you wont be sorry

Last edited by RFBHD; 10-27-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:23 PM
Fasteners201
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Go to Bridgewater Chey they have a load of Z06 vette's and they will let you drive them. Speak to Brian Tota great guy.

Get notified of new replies

To Any South Jersey Z06/Z07 owners?

Quick Reply: Any South Jersey Z06/Z07 owners?