Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Help in the Westampton, NJ area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 03:32 PM
wow
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Help in the Westampton, NJ area?

If you are reading this, you probably live in that area. I am on the C6 forum, but looking to buy a used C7. There is one at J&S Autohaus Group, at 1853 Burlington Mt. Holly Road in Westampton. It is a black convertible, Z51,manual transmission, in other words, exactly what I am looking for. If someone would take the time to go by there and check out this particular car for me, I'd very much appreciate it. I live in Carson City, NV so getting there is problematic. I've seen the pictures on the internet, but having someone scope it out in person is invaluable. So, any volunteers to help out a fellow forum member? I can provide their phone number as I suggest you call first to see if the car is still there to look at. Thanks, Nick Paul
Old 12-17-2016, 09:16 AM
Humanoid 2.0
Team Owner

Received 131 Likes on 86 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

That is a bit far for me but that is also in the area of East Cost Supercharging. If you are serious about it maybe you call them up pay a fee to have them professionally inspect it for you. However with the weather today I would not have anything inspected until it gets nicer out. No driving a vette in snow, sleet, ice and freezing rain right now.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:11 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

PM sent
Old 12-28-2016, 05:17 PM
wow
Drifting

Thanks Humanoid 2.0, but zipity has been helping me with this.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:58 AM
TurboRegal84
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by VET4VET
Thanks Humanoid 2.0, but zipity has been helping me with this.
Would now be a bad time to tell you that Zipity was born blind?

.....Kidding I looked at it with him looking forward to seeing if you buy it or not.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:38 PM
wow
Drifting

Hi TurboRegal84...thanks for looking at this for me. Zipity might have been born blind, but his braille is pretty good. One of the pics you guys took that concerned me showed the red on the Corvette script half worn off (which I have since found out is pretty common), but what really bothered me is that it looked like the bottom side of the hood on the interior look stained or damaged. There were also what looked like deep white scratches on the hood and front fender, but I think they were contrails. I'm real close to making an offer, but they have been having problems at the dealership with sickness and people out for the holidays, etc. so our correspondence has been minimal. We just got 4 inches of snow today so I'm kinda socked in too. Thanks again, Nick
Old 01-03-2017, 09:44 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Hi TurboRegal84...thanks for looking at this for me. Zipity might have been born blind, but his braille is pretty good. One of the pics you guys took that concerned me showed the red on the Corvette script half worn off (which I have since found out is pretty common), but what really bothered me is that it looked like the bottom side of the hood on the interior look stained or damaged. There were also what looked like deep white scratches on the hood and front fender, but I think they were contrails. I'm real close to making an offer, but they have been having problems at the dealership with sickness and people out for the holidays, etc. so our correspondence has been minimal. We just got 4 inches of snow today so I'm kinda socked in too. Thanks again, Nick
Nick
I didn't have a chance to stop the past two days as it's been really raining here. I am away until Thursday and will try to stop out that afternoon or Friday to follow up for you.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:00 PM
wow
Drifting

Thanks Fred...no rush, whenever you have the time is fine, I realize what an imposition this is...5 more inches of snow here last night.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:23 PM
wow
Drifting

Zipity, and TurboRegal84, something might be up with J&S. I had received a trade in estimate of $35k for my car from Corvette World and had asked if they could see what they could do in trade. They then told me my car is quote: "not worth it for us to get it shipped all the way out here for that kind of money, it's just too expensive," and that I should just sell it myself and then contact them. Don't know what happened in the last 10 days, but their tune has changed, especially since you two went and took pictures, etc. Not saying it's anything hinky, but this is an opposite direction than they were taking a few weeks ago. They had said earlier that they had never dealt with a customer from that far away so maybe it's cold feet, in more ways than one. I'll keep you posted if anything changes. Thanks, Nick
Old 01-07-2017, 02:27 PM
TurboRegal84
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Zipity, and TurboRegal84, something might be up with J&S. I had received a trade in estimate of $35k for my car from Corvette World and had asked if they could see what they could do in trade. They then told me my car is quote: "not worth it for us to get it shipped all the way out here for that kind of money, it's just too expensive," and that I should just sell it myself and then contact them. Don't know what happened in the last 10 days, but their tune has changed, especially since you two went and took pictures, etc. Not saying it's anything hinky, but this is an opposite direction than they were taking a few weeks ago. They had said earlier that they had never dealt with a customer from that far away so maybe it's cold feet, in more ways than one. I'll keep you posted if anything changes. Thanks, Nick
I wouldn't take it to heart they probably don't have that much markup to make the deal happen. In addition, trading a car without laying eyes on it is risky. To get your car shipped it is probably around $2k. So for them to give you a fair trade value, add shipping costs, and then turn a profit would be hard. Also, here in NJ Corvettes are not in high demand during the winter so it would sit for a few months til Spring/Summer.
Old 01-14-2017, 12:07 AM
wow
Drifting

TurboRegal84, I hear ya. Since my last post CW changed their minds and said, oh, we just noticed it's not a GS so it's only $31k. Like always, I'm giving myself some time to find the right car at the right price. The more I look around the country (thank you internet), the more I find I like. I was hoping J&S was anxious to unload a slow mover, but they're holding firm and I understand that; just business. I am still interested in their car so if you or Zipity can check out that "stain" under the hood that your pictures showed, I'd appreciate it. But I am finding a number of 2015 z51's for less than 2k over what J&S is asking for their 2014. Thanks, Nick.

Get notified of new replies

To Help in the Westampton, NJ area?

Quick Reply: Help in the Westampton, NJ area?