Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Aftermarket brake pad install in DC area

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 08:52 PM
p3pilot
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Aftermarket brake pad install in DC area

Just purchased a set of Power Stop Z26 brake pads and looking for a shop to install them. Was going to have my Chevy dealership in Gaithersburg, MD, install them but there aren't any good areas to complete the break-in procedure when I drive it off the lot. Anybody in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area got any suggestions?
Old 12-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Adam@Amp'dAutosport.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 490 Likes on 417 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11,'13

Originally Posted by p3pilot
Just purchased a set of Power Stop Z26 brake pads and looking for a shop to install them. Was going to have my Chevy dealership in Gaithersburg, MD, install them but there aren't any good areas to complete the break-in procedure when I drive it off the lot. Anybody in the Rockville/Gaithersburg area got any suggestions?
Here is a how to if you want to do it yourself http://netwelding.com/Ceramic_Pads.pdf

*Note this is for the Carbotech 1521 they do not require bedding*
PH:216-780-8825.
Email: sales@ampdautosport.com
Web Site & Direct ordering http://ampdautosport.com/
All major CC and Pay Pal accepted.
Check out Promo code:z28
Old 12-21-2016, 02:14 PM
BRomanelli
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 60 Posts
Default POwer stops pads

I have the same pads and I have to tell you save your money on the install. This is the easiest brake job I have ever done. Knock out two pins, slide out the flat spring, slide in the new pads and spring put the pins back in. I had all the wheels done in 1 1/2 hr. The pads are great. What a difference in dust!!!!Follow the break in procedure (easy) and you'll be fine. Good luck!!
Old 12-21-2016, 03:09 PM
Malum1
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 47 Posts

Tony's Corvette / Gaithersburg.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:34 PM
gfacter
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Those are not race pads, you don't need to bed them in like a race pad, just drive the car.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:39 PM
Joy c7
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by gfacter
Those are not race pads, you don't need to bed them in like a race pad, just drive the car.
You have too bed them Z26s, we installed them on our Z.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:49 PM
gfacter
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Joy c7
You have too bed them Z26s, we installed them on our Z.
I think the OP could still drive the car away from the dealer and bed them in later. Its not like driving in traffic for bit is going to deposit a bunch of material on the rotors.

Last edited by gfacter; 12-21-2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:53 PM
p3pilot
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks for all of your inputs. I spoke with a tech at Power Stop and he strongly recommended doing the break-in procedure right away. I did some research and found a mobile brake pad installer in northern Virginia that has excellent reviews. Planning on having him do the work close to a spot where I can break in the pads. Might be overthinking this but that's the route I've decided on.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:23 PM
Frans96ss
Le Mans Master

Received 352 Likes on 210 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Give us a call. We can get you take care of.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:54 PM
ctmccloskey
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,102 Likes on 874 Posts

Default If you are looking for a GREAT shop in Gaithersburg MD area

Tony's Corvette Shop is located near the Gaithersburg Airpark and they are some of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, give you your moneys worth people I have ever endorsed.

Tony and Andrew were hired to put my engine back in for me after rebuilding it and in the process they made the entire engine compartment look great. They overhauled my shifter and replaced the entire set of vacuum lines. Then they repainted the under hood area when the engine was still out making the car look fantastic. I was so impressed by their dedication to detail. I will drive 40+ miles to go to them but it is worth the effort. I would rather trailer my car to them over the alternatives around this area.

Tony's Corvette Shop
301-987-0565
The following users liked this post:
p3pilot (12-24-2016)
Old 01-04-2017, 06:29 PM
p3pilot
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ctmccloskey
Tony's Corvette Shop is located near the Gaithersburg Airpark and they are some of the most knowledgeable, hardworking, give you your moneys worth people I have ever endorsed.

Tony and Andrew were hired to put my engine back in for me after rebuilding it and in the process they made the entire engine compartment look great. They overhauled my shifter and replaced the entire set of vacuum lines. Then they repainted the under hood area when the engine was still out making the car look fantastic. I was so impressed by their dedication to detail. I will drive 40+ miles to go to them but it is worth the effort. I would rather trailer my car to them over the alternatives around this area.

Tony's Corvette Shop
301-987-0565
Thanks for recommending them. They'll be installing my ACS Zero1 side rockers in a week or two.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:31 PM
p3pilot
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

The installation and break-in of my Power Stops went smoothly. Haven't noticed any brake dust since the install.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:34 AM
RobGOV-DCZ
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

RKT Performance in Frederick MD just north of you. Rick is awesome and does quality work!

Get notified of new replies

To Aftermarket brake pad install in DC area

Quick Reply: Aftermarket brake pad install in DC area