Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Anybody in DC upgrade to MGW shifter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 03:58 PM
p3pilot
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Anybody in DC upgrade to MGW shifter?

I'm considering putting an MGW shifter in my C7. Anybody in the DC area done that mod yet? Would really like to see what the gates feel like before I spend the money and completely tear down my center console. Everyone on the forum that's done it seems to really like it but this is something I would like to see for myself before I make the change.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:50 PM
rrsperry
Safety Car

Received 1,412 Likes on 737 Posts

Did you ever move on this? I did install a MGW in my C7. But I'm in Maryland.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:57 PM
p3pilot
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by rrsperry
Did you ever move on this? I did install a MGW in my C7. But I'm in Maryland.
Not yet. Waiting for an open slot at Tony's to have my side skirts installed. What part of Maryland? We're in the Rockville area.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:32 AM
RobGOV-DCZ
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by p3pilot
I'm considering putting an MGW shifter in my C7. Anybody in the DC area done that mod yet? Would really like to see what the gates feel like before I spend the money and completely tear down my center console. Everyone on the forum that's done it seems to really like it but this is something I would like to see for myself before I make the change.
I am having one installed in my C6 Z06. I live in NW DC near Georgetown. My friend has one in his C6 Z06 as well and it is worth every penny.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:59 PM
p3pilot
Racer

Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RobGOV-DCZ
I am having one installed in my C6 Z06. I live in NW DC near Georgetown. My friend has one in his C6 Z06 as well and it is worth every penny.
Thanks for the feedback. Haven't seen a single negative comment about this modification so it must be worth the $. The gear box on a manual plays such an important role in how a car feels so I'm just a little hesitant to make the switch. I guess I could go back to the stock shifter if I didn't like it.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody in DC upgrade to MGW shifter?

Quick Reply: Anybody in DC upgrade to MGW shifter?