Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

C5 Registry Members at East Coast Show & Go

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2001, 01:41 PM
Paul Eggermann
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am trying to put together a C5Registry members area at Etown so we can all park together and show or race as we wish. Here is my announcement to the group. If any of you would like to join us please feel free. Let me know if you do so I can get it set up.

How many of you would like to join Barbara and I in attending the East Coast Corvette Show & Go at Raceway Park in Englishtown on July 28th? Over 50 people joined us in April at Gary's Gargage and dinner in Atlantic City. How many of you will make our second event a winner?

Here is the the scoop.

The East Coast Corvette Show & Go is sponsored by the Corvette Express Corvette Club and is open to all Corvette's. The gates open at 8:00AM, registration for the Show closes at 11:30AM and Eliminations start at 1:30PM.

We can arrange to have parking spaces set aside for us if we have enough participants. The rules are:

All Show only participants can park together in the Show area.
All Show & Go participants can park together in the Pits.
All Drags Only participants can park together in a separate area in the Pits.
All Autocross participants can park together in a separate area in the Pits.

You cannot move from the Pits area to the Show area and vice versa.

We will probably have to have 5 or more cars in each area if we want to have spaces together.

SO. Tell me what you would like to do:

1. Show Only
2. Show & Go
3. Drags Only
4. Autocross Only

We will have to have someone at the track by 7:30AM to identify the C5Registry cars and direct them to the proper places. I will make up an image that you can print at home and put in your windshield on the way into the track to help with this effort.

We can caravan in or you can come from whatever direction you are coming from. There are approach roads into the track from just about every direction. There are also some new ways in that I can fill you in on if you need directions. Again, tell me what you would like to do.

The judging of the Show & Go cars will be done as they arrive so they can move into the Pit area and be free to hit the track. The awards will be given out by 4 or 4:30 in the afternoon. At this point we are free to leave. I will be happy to set up a dinner if there is enough interest.

SO. Are you interested in getting together as a group for dinner?
Yes
or No.

Please e-mail me as soon as possible. I will report back to those who respond with the results of this message and start to put some Zaino on this event.

No flames if you don't like the C5Registry. This is my own event and has nothing to do with the home organization. It is my way of gettting C5Registry people to meet each other without having to go to BG or Daytona or any of the other major events outside of NJ. Everyone is welcome to join us if you would like to meet and share the day. I think it beats being assigned to any old parking space and then hunting for the people you might want to see.

Old 07-17-2001, 03:44 PM
Paul Eggermann
Instructor

Read it again. This is ME doing this. I told you No Flames.

Old 07-17-2001, 04:53 PM
Paul Eggermann
Instructor

Thanks Rob, I'' look for you during the day.

BTW, Jeff Tischler and John Dawson from the registry will be racing also. John has the Chromalusion paint job. Check it out.

Old 07-17-2001, 06:15 PM
RPOZ4Z
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I can't make the show & go this year

I didn't even know about the event in april, I would have been there!
I only live about 10 min from AC.

does anyone know what I would have to do to be in the C5 registry's area @ carlisle?

I want to register for the fun field now but I'm not sure if they will allow me to be with the other C5 registry cars.

Old 07-17-2001, 10:07 PM
Paul Eggermann
Instructor

Beautiful Pace Car you have there.

Here is the info about Carlisle from the C5Registry web site.

August 24-26, 2001 ~ Corvettes @ Carlisle

Registry Members, "A weekend of Corvette excitement" is right around the corner!

The Registry returns to Corvettes @ Carlisle for the fourth year and YES, we will be on the Hill! Some highlights of this year’s Carlisle event include the debut of a restored 1953 Corvette (scheduled to be auctioned during the 2002 event), Chip’s Choice Display will feature eight "Triple Crown " Corvettes, a giveaway of a 1980 Silver/red interior Corvette Coupe (only 20,000 miles!) a 1967 national record-holder Corvette and the largest Corvette show & swap meet in the United States with over 2700 vendor spaces! Members, to obtain access to park your C5 on the C5 Registry Hill you must register with Corvettes @ Carlisle by calling their events hotline at 717-243-7855 between 8:00 and 5:00 EDT. You must request a Fun Field Weekend Pass and mention that you are with the C5 Registry for a pass to park on the Registry Hill.

C5 REGISTRY HOST HOTEL & MEMBERS’ DINNER

Our host hotel is the Comfort Suite (10 South Hanover, Carlisle, Pa.) Phone 800-704-1188 or Fax 717-960-1010. There is no availability due to Registry members who booked rooms for 2001 during Carlisle last year. You can contact Carlisle Rooms Express at 888-560-7666 and they will try and help arrange accommodations for you. WE SUGGEST THAT YOU CONTACT THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BECAUSE ROOMS WILL BE GONE BY JUNE 1.

Friday, August 24th, we will host the traditional C5 Registry dinner at the Comfort Suite host hotel. Cocktails (cash bar) begin at 6 p.m. with dinner served at 7 p.m. The cost for dinner is $30/per person paid in advance. Dinner will be Sautéed Chicken Francaise with Lemon Caper Butter, Salad, Roasted Red Potatoes and Chocolate Layer Cake. The room accommodates 150 so be sure and make your reservations early! You may call the Registry Office weekdays (321-452-2743) with your credit card number or mail a check payable to the C5 Registry, P.O. Box 541023, Merritt Island, FL 32954-1023. All reservations and payment must be received by Friday, August 10th. You will receive a ticket via land or email upon receipt of your payment.

These events are what makes the C5Registry successful. You will meet lots of great people who put a lot of money and care into their cars and like to get together with others. Go to www.c5registry.com to learn more about this group. I am only a member and get nothing for this kind of posting.

Keep the shiny side up.

Old 07-17-2001, 10:22 PM
RPOZ4Z
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

thank you!

I did read that info on the registry web page but I must have missed the "hill" parking information.

looking forward to seeing you on "the hill"!

Tom
Old 07-27-2001, 09:28 PM
Paul Eggermann
Instructor

See you all tomorrow at Englishtown. Look for me in the Show area. I wll have a large green umbrella set up and a bunch of C5Registry people parked together. We will be happy to see you regardless if you race, autocross or just show off your beautiful C5. Come on by and introduce yourself.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Registry Members at East Coast Show & Go

Quick Reply: C5 Registry Members at East Coast Show & Go