Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Anybody want to do something the Day after Thanksgiving (NY, NJ, CT)?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2004, 10:29 AM
Villain C5
Melting Slicks

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

I could possibly make part of it.
If you guys want to go to a nice movie theater there is a new HUGE theater out in Suffolk on LI. Has a Bunch of places to eat and a Chili's not to far away. There is a huge parking lot, and pretty much nothing else major in the area so traffic shouldnt be to bad.
Here is the link: http://www.island16.com/home/default_on.asp
Old 11-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Intimidator3
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsup
I can stay for most of it, I have two little kids, 1 and 5, my wife won't be too happy with them all day, considering she has them all week and I work. Bear Mountian for sure, Princton, depends on her mood.

Weather looks good so far!
The more the better. I will see if I can round up the in Westchester troops. Anyone have a navigation system that there can lend Dion if he comes.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:34 AM
INTRUBL
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be up for Bear Mtn. but make sure you leave enough time to play on the great twisties around the mountains.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Alex1217
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by INTRUBL
I would be up for Bear Mtn. but make sure you leave enough time to play on the great twisties around the mountains.

If you know of some good roads around there to take, let us know. I've only been there a few times and am not too familiar with the area but love driving there whenever I can.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:41 AM
Alex1217
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Villian C5
I could possibly make part of it.
If you guys want to go to a nice movie theater there is a new HUGE theater out in Suffolk on LI. Has a Bunch of places to eat and a Chili's not to far away. There is a huge parking lot, and pretty much nothing else major in the area so traffic shouldnt be to bad.
Here is the link: http://www.island16.com/home/default_on.asp

If we don't get too many people from the Jersey side that want to stick around till the end, we can always head there. It sounds awesome!!! A few of us are heading in that direction on the way back so we'll see as more people chime in. Might be the perfect place to hold a future cruise, if we don't go there this time.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:42 AM
Alex1217
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by ALLEYNEC5
The more the better. I will see if I can round up the in Westchester troops. Anyone have a navigation system that there can lend Dion if he comes.
Have you spoken to Dion?? Can he come??? Should we start placing bets now (minimum $5)???
Just kidding!! I hope he can make it although if my wife has to work, I have a feeling he might have to as well since they have similar jobs.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

hey guys I would be coming back from upstate NY right by Bear Mountian and Hooters Paramus if there is something going on then I will take my Vette up otherwise it is the Explorer for me....

I would like to mention that I use to live in Wycoff, NJ and we always stayed away from route 17 on a Saturday (this Friday will be worse than a Saturday) - it is dead stopped especially since everything is closed on Sunday.

That is another thought - Sunday everything is dead over there because the stores have to be closed (just something to keep in mind for the future).

I will check back...
Old 11-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Intimidator3
Safety Car

Originally Posted by alex1217
Have you spoken to Dion?? Can he come??? Should we start placing bets now (minimum $5)???
Just kidding!! I hope he can make it although if my wife has to work, I have a feeling he might have to as well since they have similar jobs.
I have not heard from him yet. But his job is even than mine. He will chime in eventually. $10 he does not make it and he gets lost not coming.
Any takers?
Old 11-23-2004, 11:04 AM
mikeg826
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

I'd love to go on a covered bridge cruise. Haven't been to one of those in a loooong time. Any word from Mike yet?

: all - been awhile since i posted in NE, mainly cause we've had no time to do any events, let alone drive the 91. I think it still has the same gas in it from April although i have been starting it and letting it run for a few minutes.
Heather and I were talking about coming to an upcoming event, i don't think i can do a cruise this week though, we have family in town. As far as a covered bridge, it's been so long since i been up there, i'd end up taking a wrong turn somewhere, although that never stopped us before . I'll get one going in the spring ..

Hopefully we can get a gathering in the next couple weeks.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:49 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Default Toys for Tots Run to Atlantic City!

I hope you guys will be here as well!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=954568
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Last edited by Dave@Ciocca; 11-24-2004 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Alex1217
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
I hope you gus will be here as well!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=954568

Thanks for setting this up. Its a really nice thing to do for those kids during the holiday season. I'm sure the rest of the guys will join in once they see your post. I can't wait. And I thought the next couple of months were going to be boring (vette wise). Not to hijack my own thread but, I'd love to test drive a new C6. Can Vicky ride with me? :o Just make sure you tell my wife that she's the only one that can ride along on the test drive or else I'll have to walk home from AC.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:04 AM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

I might be in. Friday is looking like a boring day. Traffic could be a pain all over that day, but avoiding the obvious shouldn't make it too bad.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:32 AM
Alex1217
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Well, I did a distance check from Bear mountain to the hooters in Both Princeton and Paramus. The Princeton Hooters is 95 miles away and we'd have to take the Garden State pkwy to get there. It might be jammed because of all the holiday shoppers. The Hooters in Paramus is much closer, only 35 miles away and about an hour's drive with traffic, we can take some side roads to get there. Once we reach Paramus, it'll probably be slow going but I think it would still be much easier than the trek down to Princeton. What do you guys think?

As for meeting at Bear Mountain, how does 11:00 am at the parking lot at the Bear Mountain Inn sound??? That way, we have plenty of time to do some while we cruise down to Hooters! If we give ourselves, lets say two hours, just to enjoy the roads up there, we could be at the hooters in Paramus at 1:00 pm. If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to post up. If this sounds good, then we'll make it official.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:26 AM
Intimidator3
Safety Car

Well, I did a distance check from Bear mountain to the hooters in Both Princeton and Paramus. The Princeton Hooters is 95 miles away and we'd have to take the Garden State pkwy to get there. It might be jammed because of all the holiday shoppers. The Hooters in Paramus is much closer, only 35 miles away and about an hour's drive with traffic, we can take some side roads to get there. Once we reach Paramus, it'll probably be slow going but I think it would still be much easier than the trek down to Princeton. What do you guys think?

As for meeting at Bear Mountain, how does 11:00 am at the parking lot at the Bear Mountain Inn sound??? That way, we have plenty of time to do some while we cruise down to Hooters! If we give ourselves, lets say two hours, just to enjoy the roads up there, we could be at the hooters in Paramus at 1:00 pm. If anyone has any other suggestions, feel free to post up. If this sounds good, then we'll make it official.
11:00 Works for me.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:42 AM
jsup
Team Owner

Location: Bergen County, NJ Democrats, doing for the country what they did for Michigan

Works for me. Should we consider this Booked?
Old 11-24-2004, 09:54 AM
Alex1217
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I guess so if no one has any objections. This should be fun!!!!

I updated the first post to reflect the meeting place and times. We'll try to be at Hooters by 1 pm but if any of you guys get there at 1 and we're not there, don't panic. Its probably because we're having too much fun on the way down. I'm sure that two hours is more than enough time since the drive is techically only 50 minutes away.

Last edited by alex1217; 11-24-2004 at 11:49 AM.
Old 11-24-2004, 11:50 AM
Alex1217
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

BTW, any final decision on what movie theatre we should go to and what we should see? My vote is for "National Treasure"

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody want to do something the Day after Thanksgiving (NY, NJ, CT)?

Old 11-24-2004, 12:04 PM
INTRUBL
Le Mans Master

If the roads are dry I'll be there. How many are going to meet at Bear Mtn? There are roads in the immediate area that are great. How much time do you plan to spend there?
Old 11-24-2004, 12:14 PM
Alex1217
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by INTRUBL
If the roads are dry I'll be there. How many are going to meet at Bear Mtn? There are roads in the immediate area that are great. How much time do you plan to spend there?

Oh, I'd say it looks like about 6 vettes so far. That's a pretty good size group to start with. It definitely won't be like the Fall Foliage Cruise with 22 vettes, multiple walkie talkies and a half a mile of vettes driving around!! I'd say we'll probably leave the latest at 11:30 if people show up late but I would recommend everyone to be there before 11:00 am (like 10:30-10:45 am) if you want to talk for a little bit.

Last edited by alex1217; 11-24-2004 at 12:17 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:54 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Count me in. I know how to get to palisades pky. anyone know the directions to bear mountain inn?

Im coming from NJ. Thanks alot. ill try mapquest too.

Quick Reply: Anybody want to do something the Day after Thanksgiving (NY, NJ, CT)?