Northern California Northern California

Pleasant experience Epps Chev/Pontiac

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 11:01 PM
napacruzerc5
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Pleasant experience Epps Chev/Pontiac

Been reading and looking online about Pontiac G8 GTs. Saw that Epps n St Helena had one so I take a nice drive up in the C5. Salesman saw me drive up and immediately thought I was interested in the Cyber Grey Z06 $70,xxx but I convince him I was interested in the G8. I got to test drive it and thought it would be a good replacement for my Nissan Altima. Good power but at 4,000 lbs definitely hefty even with 361HP. Did not have the 19-inchers or sunroof so I said I would have to pass for now but if the wife approved I would be back to see if they could do a dealer trade. The salesman was O.K. with it, gave me his card and brochure and introduced me to the dealer principle Mr. Epps himself. Then he took me around back to the part and service area and was introduced to "Paul" who I had met before with Wine Country Corvettes events. He had a big block C3 Roadster. He gave me a 2009 ALMs Corvette Racing calendar/poster. While I was back there I noticed how clean and tidy the service area was. Anyone here have any service experience with Epps? Although it was a "no sale" I was definitely impressed with the experience.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:49 AM
jim lockwood
Race Director

Received 6,528 Likes on 3,003 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by napacruzerc5
Then he took me around back to the part and service area and was introduced to "Paul" who I had met before with Wine Country Corvettes events. He had a big block C3 Roadster. He gave me a 2009 ALMs Corvette Racing calendar/poster. While I was back there I noticed how clean and tidy the service area was. Anyone here have any service experience with Epps? Although it was a "no sale" I was definitely impressed with the experience.
I've dealt with Epps Chevrolet from the other side of the table.... I repaired a fuel injection unit for a '62 belonging to one of their customers. Paul was my contact.

From my perspective, it was a thoroughly pleasant experience. Paul was a stand up guy. Communication was good. And, of course, the check didn't bounce.

It's my understanding that Epps is one of the few dealerships willing to take on projects involving older cars. That makes them a rarity.

Jim
Old 12-29-2008, 11:51 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by napacruzerc5
Been reading and looking online about Pontiac G8 GTs. Saw that Epps n St Helena had one so I take a nice drive up in the C5. Salesman saw me drive up and immediately thought I was interested in the Cyber Grey Z06 $70,xxx but I convince him I was interested in the G8. I got to test drive it and thought it would be a good replacement for my Nissan Altima. Good power but at 4,000 lbs definitely hefty even with 361HP. Did not have the 19-inchers or sunroof so I said I would have to pass for now but if the wife approved I would be back to see if they could do a dealer trade. The salesman was O.K. with it, gave me his card and brochure and introduced me to the dealer principle Mr. Epps himself. Then he took me around back to the part and service area and was introduced to "Paul" who I had met before with Wine Country Corvettes events. He had a big block C3 Roadster. He gave me a 2009 ALMs Corvette Racing calendar/poster. While I was back there I noticed how clean and tidy the service area was. Anyone here have any service experience with Epps? Although it was a "no sale" I was definitely impressed with the experience.
When you are ready to buy or need to look at another one, let me know and i will have you tallk to Mr Abel.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:39 PM
FRCVETTE99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
When you are ready to buy or need to look at another one, let me know and i will have you tallk to Mr Abel.
yea , Rhys , gotta talk to Richie first !!!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:37 PM
napacruzerc5
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by FRCVETTE99
yea , Rhys , gotta talk to Richie first !!!
Hey Scott...just wanted to see the car and Epps a lot closer than Abel and did not want to get even remotely close to Hwy 80 on Friday afternoon. Saw the car. Liked it. Still working on the money bo$$.
Rhys

Get notified of new replies

To Pleasant experience Epps Chev/Pontiac

Quick Reply: Pleasant experience Epps Chev/Pontiac