Northern California Northern California

*FOR SALE* '02 Z06 QS/BLK 425rwhp (Sacramento area)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 12:25 AM
ZO SIC
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default *FOR SALE* '02 Z06 QS/BLK 425rwhp (Sacramento area)

'02 Z06 Quicksilver with black interior.
25,845 miles
$23,500
Located in Lincoln, CA (30 miles from Sacramento)

MODIFICATIONS
Exedy twin disk
Remote clutch bleeder kit
Ripper shifter
Black billet round shift **** with C5 emblem engraved in the top
LG Pro long tubes (the hand built ones) ceramic coated black($400) (extra O2 bung welded on pass side header collector for tuning)
LG high flow cats and Xpipe (also ceramic coated black)
Borla Stinger quad round exhaust
Cartek 2X cam
Patriot gold double valve spring kit with titaniuam keepers and super locks
chrome moly pushrods
ATI 10% underdrive damper
Rollmaster double roller timing chain
MSD black spark plug wires
TR-55 spark plugs
42# Lucas injectors
Force Fed Performance tune (420rwhp 390lbft at FFP, 430rwhp at Synergy) (can cruise at 32mpg, averages with city/spirited driving at 22mpg)
Haltech TRAP intake (lower air bridge portion not installed, but included.)

BRAKES/SUSPENSION
Stock Z06 rims with Goodyear F1 Supercar tires (approx 75%+ tread)(two rims have some curb rash, one front one rear)
Cartek line lock (button and LED in ashtray)
Fresh Napa rotors (front and rear)
Fresh Porterfield R4S pads front/rear
Motul 600 brake fluid used since 5,000 miles (fresh power flushing)
Braided stainless brake lines
Earls solo bleeder brake bleeders
Rear upper and lower A-arms have VBP poly bushings (lower rear shock mount is Pfadt poly)
*Have matching front upper/lower A-arms VBP poly bushings*
*Have Pfadt camber kit with front studs*
'04 Z06 Sachs shocks
Moderate allignment (fresh, 450 miles old)
Always had Mobile One synthetic fluids (magnetic drain plug added at first oil change, ~982miles)
Just switched (450 miles old) Amsoil engine, trans and diff (just installed magnetic drain plugs for trans and diff)
Optima Red top battery (new, 450 miles)

Subtle appearance mods:
Lowered to GM limits
5% rear tint and 20% side tint
stainless steel screens (matches the factory front screens) for the front brake duct openings, fender vents, and rear facia
Red/Clear Euro tail lights
Flush mount kit for tail lights
Z06/405 HP emblem on ashtray lid
Z06/405 HP emblem embroidered on panel of hood over battery
Lloyds mats (black with silver piping and Z06/405HP emblem)
Black billet round shift **** with C5 emblem engraved
Stainless Steel dash bezel rings on gauges
Shorty black antenna
Gas cap "bib"

Probably a handful of other mods as well.
It's had the Column Lock Bypass module/kit installed since approx 2,500 miles.
Hardwired for V1.

Would include spare set of front Z06 rims with 275-40-17 MT ET Street Radials mounted up, approx 8 passes on them. (With these tires it netted a 1.76 60 ft, 11.74 @ 119.9mph) ~$450-$500 value.

I'm a tall guy (6'5") and my hair touched the headliner when I bought the car. I removed the center two springs from the driver's side seat to allow myself room when wearing a helmet. I still have these springs and they could be replaced very easily if you wanted.

Have all the stock parts for the car and will include (all parts except for the stock H-pipe will fit in the car for transport or drive home.)

HISTORY

My then girlfriend, now wife and I picked this car up at the National Corvette Musuem (option R8C) on Sept 19th, 2001 and drove it home to northern California. It has spent 99% of it's life in a garage in northern California. It was on ThunderHill for three seperate HPDE's one time on some old worn out Hoosiers, the other two on street tires.

While on the dyno at a shop, a gust of wind came in and swung the door open into a wall, striking a screw holding a banner. This resulted in a small (pencil eraser size) chip being taken out of the rear edge of the driver's side door. A local shop repaired it and I've never been able to notice a difference in the paint or color.

The car has been drag raced on several occasions (twice the driver's rear output shaft/axle broke, and was repaired under warranty.)

The car has been auto-xed at approximately 10 events. 3 or 4 events were on stock street tires and the rest were on old worn out Hoosiers or fresh 710's.

The headers, clutch, cam, exhaust, etc were installed during the months of May-July, 2005, mileage at install was approximately 18,000.

This car is NOT perfect, however it is in extremely good shape. Other Corvette and everyday people see this car and remark on how clean it is and how it looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I had a local profesional detail the car and he remarked how easy it was since there were no swirl marks on it.

There are a few small rock chips (mostly only noticed when washing the car) and one rock chip in the center of the windshield. Instead of dealing with the risk of a later water leak, I had a shop vacumn/epoxy the chip. You can notice it, but it's not bad.

I'm trying to be as up front and honest about the history and conditon of the vehicle so there are no surprises. I am VERY particular about my vehicles and I'd buy this one in it's current condition.

The windshield washer fluid spray button is missing off the stalk. I don't know how it came off or where it went, but I've never used it anyway and had removed the fuse for the wipers so I wouldn't inadvertantly turn them on while Auto-Xing.

Just passed smog, LEGAL AND CLEAN.

KBB value for Private Party Sale in Excellent condition is $24,290, and approximately $10,000 in mods.
NADA has it valued at $22,900 for TRADE IN, $26,025 for Retail Sale.

Asking $23,500 (no trades please...)
Title is in hand, as well as a laminated windowsticker, and all documents, owners manual, video, etc. Also have two original keys and key fobs, one fob and key have never been used.

Pics to come...

Brian
Lincoln, CA 95648
BECcruice@gmail.com
(707) 480-7275
Old 04-26-2009, 10:45 AM
meldog21
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That is one of the best advertisements I've ever read. You obviously have enjoyed your car and taken very good care of it. From reading the ad my impression is that you are a person of integrity, which is very unusual in car sales, new or used. The complete history of the vehicle should easily get you the sale at your asking price.

Good luck with the sale. TTT

Dog
Old 04-26-2009, 01:21 PM
GasTiresandOil
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with the sale Brian. Wish you didn't have to sell it.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:23 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

Thanks for the kind words meldog21. We've met on some cruises and at Synergy in the past, right?

GTO, yeah, sucks to see it go, but I'll get into something else in the future when life allows toys again.

I've still got my dad's old '72 BB/4-spd that can definitely use the attention of being a 'single child' again, not one of 4 or 5 projects.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:51 AM
0SMOKNC6Z06
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Brian,
Send me your ad in a word doc with pictures and I will make a flyer and put it on our bulletin board and website. You should drop by on Sat. From 8am-noon we have coffee and doughnuts with a couple of dozen Corvettes hanging out. You can park it in the front with a for sale sign.
Terry
Old 04-27-2009, 02:53 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

Thanks for the idea Terry. I can't this weekend, as I'll be in Disneyland with the family, but next weekend I'll be there for sure... unless the car has sold by then. Should have pics up today.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:07 AM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can attest to this car being extremely clean, and extremely well taken care of. And what a effin' good deal at that price!!!!

Of course, I hate to see it going, hopefully another 'vette will be in your future man!

-TJ
Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 AM
PabloCruZ06
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's someone in the SoCal section looking for an 02.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:34 AM
ZO SIC
Racer

Originally Posted by tjZ06
I can attest to this car being extremely clean, and extremely well taken care of. And what a effin' good deal at that price!!!!

Of course, I hate to see it going, hopefully another 'vette will be in your future man!

-TJ
I'd love to sit on the car at a higher price, but I figured why bother... I'll post my bottom doller price and see what interest I get and wow! Lots of interest and phone calls. Everyone is waiting for pics, so here we go.

Over 50 photos can be seen here:

http://s397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/BECcruice/

Originally Posted by PabloCruZ06
There's someone in the SoCal section looking for an 02.
I'll go check it out. I'll actually be driving down to Anaheim this weekend so a delivery could be in order
Old 04-28-2009, 02:40 AM
ZO SIC
Racer

Old 04-28-2009, 02:43 AM
BOUT X
Corvette Cowboy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Wow How do I say this I hope you dont find a buyer and I pray you find a way to keep it. I hate to see this in these times guys having to sell such sweet toys. Honistly I hope you get what you need and you find your back to having one as nice as this one when its time Good Lucky with everything

Pops
Old 04-28-2009, 02:44 AM
ZO SIC
Racer

And there are others on the photobucket account. Pics of the seats, door panels, switches, other underhood shots, headers, etc.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:46 AM
ZO SIC
Racer

Originally Posted by BOUT X
Wow How do I say this I hope you dont find a buyer and I pray you find a way to keep it. I hate to see this in these times guys having to sell such sweet toys. Honistly I hope you get what you need and you find your back to having one as nice as this one when its time Good Lucky with everything

Pops

I appreciate the words, but it's only costing me space and insurance at this point. It's been paid off for 5+ years now. I just don't have the time or money to enjoy it the way I once did. What little time I have left I want to spend with my family, instead of sleeping in crappy hotels and standing on tarmacs for days on end. Oh, what am I kidding myself, I'll miss it. I just have to look on the bright side, I'll get to spend some "quality" time with the '72 Vette that finds a creative new way to make my life a sufferable, living hell everytime I touch it.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:27 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

Still available, same mileage, just as clean as when those pics were taken.

It wants a new home...
Old 05-18-2009, 02:54 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

The car is sold, if a Mod can remove this post I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To *FOR SALE* '02 Z06 QS/BLK 425rwhp (Sacramento area)

Quick Reply: *FOR SALE* '02 Z06 QS/BLK 425rwhp (Sacramento area)