Northern California Northern California

Antioch Bridge closed today

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 01:08 AM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When we crossed the bridge... to enter Ables show last year, (belive me, I can spot a fishn' pole, miles away). Anyway, after settling into the show, I headed over to the bank, to see what was going on. They were all fishing for stripers!! Muddy
Old 02-23-2010, 01:08 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettepete
I'll be back to The Point again on Thursday. Having the Z06 brake ducts installed at Abel then.

Not sure what is biting these days, but people are fishing on the water and banks by the bridge.
There is also a pier that goes out near the bridge but I have seen people fishing from the shore next to the pier also.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:09 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Muddywaters
When we crossed the bridge... to enter Ables show last year, (belive me, I can spot a fishn' pole, miles away). Anyway, after settling into the show, I headed over to the bank, to see what was going on. They were all fishing for stripers!! Muddy
I was there there last year too and they weren't catching anything but said they do get bass and catfish.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:15 AM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LS WON
I was there there last year too and they weren't catching anything but said they do get bass and catfish.
Ah, you were corvette fishn' too LOL Yea, we did not see any fish on the beach either...but, a couple of guys said they were fishn' for stripers If we come up this year, I just might bring a pole Muddy
Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Muddywaters
Ah, you were corvette fishn' too LOL Yea, we did not see any fish on the beach either...but, a couple of guys said they were fishn' for stripers If we come up this year, I just might bring a pole Muddy
When I can get my car in for service maybe I'll bring the old rod. It's 15 feet long. Got a stripper down in Pacifica surf last July 2009. Pulled him right in no fight or I couldn't feel it.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LS WON
When I can get my car in for service maybe I'll bring the old rod. It's 15 feet long. Got a stripper down in Pacifica surf last July 2009. Pulled him right in no fight or I couldn't feel it.
Actually the last Striper run we had down here... I had two on at one time One on my 15' surf rod (planted on a rod holder), and the fun one, was on my 7' Loomis Bass Jig rod that I was casting just 20' out in front of me...in the surf. I was using a 8" pencil popper. That Striper (Pic), is on this forum somewhere... was 32". Needless to say, with a 7' rod...you'll definitely know one is on!!! Fun, fun fun...Muddy
Old 02-23-2010, 02:23 PM
corvettepete
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I should get my fishing gear, license, etc. together. Gonna be a long afternoon up there on Thursday waiting for my Z06 ducts to be installed.

Here is the "Fishing Reports" link from the California Delta Chambers website.

http://www.californiadelta.org/fishreports.htm
Old 02-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Bracati
Racer

Ya, my honey buys me a finshing license every Valetines day. The water has been pretty muddy, but expect I will soon be dropping in an Anchovy or two coming up.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:45 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

In Rio Vista by the bridge what's the best bait to use Anchovies for most of the fish there? Closest bait shop?
In the surf blood worms stayed on the hook the best and most of the fish in that area went for that bait.
Squid stays on the hook like rubber but all you catch on that is shark, crab, and rockcod.

Last edited by LS WON; 02-23-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:45 PM
corvettepete
Burning Brakes

Can't help with bait selection, but Hap's Bait Shop is probably the closest. Is in Rio Vista. I like Bob's Bait Shop (The Master Baiter) in Isleton.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:58 AM
corvettepete
Burning Brakes

The water seems to finally be clearing. Took my boat out yesterday while waiting for my Corvette work. Could actually see my out drive in the water. Couldn't see it two weeks ago. Was the highest tide I can remember. Going under the Tyler Island Bridge, the bimini of my 21' cuddy only had about 10" to spare.

Nice Regal, Brad. That is quite the setup you have to get it out of the water.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:02 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

The water seems to finally be clearing. Took my boat out yesterday while waiting for my Corvette work. Could actually see my out drive in the water. Couldn't see it two weeks ago. Was the highest tide I can remember. Going under the Tyler Island Bridge, the bimini of my 21' cuddy only had about 10" to spare.

Nice Regal, Brad. That is quite the setup you have to get it out of the water.
Let us know if you catch any fish?
Old 02-27-2010, 02:08 PM
corvettepete
Burning Brakes

With the temps hopefully pushing 70 tomorrow and lots of sun, I'll be heading back to the big swamp. I'll try not to catch 'em all.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

With the temps hopefully pushing 70 tomorrow and lots of sun, I'll be heading back to the big swamp. I'll try not to catch 'em all.
Good luck Nothing better than a good fish fry and the odd beer, or two! Muddy

You go ahead and fish...Joanne and I are heading for Santa Cruz today (West Marine) and pick up some parts for our newly aquired project Santana 22...Last weekend we got her moved from (slip) Alameda marina to the side yard here in Prunedale..let the fun begin!

Last edited by Muddywaters; 02-27-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:54 PM
corvettepete
Burning Brakes

Just got my '10 fishing license today. Ready for a fish fry and perhaps an odd beer or three, or four, or five, or ....... tomorrow.

Good luck with that Santana 22, Muddy. My 21' Crownline needs some love but is fine for now. Come spring, it will get some detailing, that's for sure.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Just got my '10 fishing license today. Ready for a fish fry and perhaps an odd beer or three, or four, or five, or ....... tomorrow.

Good luck with that Santana 22, Muddy. My 21' Crownline needs some love but is fine for now. Come spring, it will get some detailing, that's for sure.
Here is link to the previous owners log http://tylerkaraszewski.com/Boat/Abo...he%20Boat.html

Tyler advertised the Santana as a free boat on CL a couple of months ago. Joanne and I were picked as the recipents from 22 other individuals, within a 4 hours span of the add. After 4 hours, he pulled it off CL and notified all of us...(if we liked) to submit an update of why we would like to have the boat!! Check out the expense talley!! Muddy
Old 03-01-2010, 03:34 PM
corvettepete
Burning Brakes

Muddy, you totally lucked out with that Santana. Great story and deal. Brought all our fishing gear but didn't get a single line in the water. Water was totaly sturred up and muddy from the rain. Lots of flotsum and jetsum floating too. Just cruised the Georgiana Slough to Walnut Grove and back. Had dinner at Foster's Bighorn. Only saw two other boats on the water all day. As much as I love to swim and love the heat and sun, this time of year with the delta practically to yourself is great.

Get notified of new replies

To Antioch Bridge closed today

Old 03-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Bracati
Racer

Pete:
Should be at Oxbow this WE. May drop a line in the water, but mostly just hang out. I do need to follow up on Gliedt's boat shop too
Old 03-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Muddywaters
Melting Slicks

Muddy, you totally lucked out with that Santana. Great story and deal. Brought all our fishing gear but didn't get a single line in the water. Water was totaly sturred up and muddy from the rain. Lots of flotsum and jetsum floating too. Just cruised the Georgiana Slough to Walnut Grove and back. Had dinner at Foster's Bighorn. Only saw two other boats on the water all day. As much as I love to swim and love the heat and sun, this time of year with the delta practically to yourself is great.
Sounds like an excellet day... besides not having a line in but, can relate Regarding, swim,sun and the heat...Oh yea!. Boats and space...ummmm, very nice! I can visualize desolate tropical islands

Yea, made out like a fat rat Now just have to start dumping cash Hey, we have a pretty contempory bass boat down here...and lately have been hitting Clear Lake. But, we've been comtemplataing the Delta. Any suggestions? Our main target is Large Mouth

Regarding the Santana....we're also thinking of trailering her up to Alameda this summer, cruise the SF Bay, Sausalito, Tiberon,ect. then head up the Delta. We have not researched this yet....but any suggestions? I was informed in Alameda...the prevailing wind is (NE), so makes for a nice down wind sail up the Delta...it was also suggested, to arrange truck & trailer to be moved up river...so as to trailer back...again, any suggestions? Were thinking on the lines of 7 to 10 days for the cruise Muddy
Old 03-02-2010, 10:43 PM
corvettepete
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Bracati
Pete:
Should be at Oxbow this WE. May drop a line in the water, but mostly just hang out. I do need to follow up on Gliedt's boat shop too
Brad, I'll let you know if I make it to Oxbow this weekend. Might not be the greatest weather. With my small Crownline, I tend to only go when the weather is nice. If your Regal is like the others I've seen, it is uber comfortable to ride out any weather.

Quick Reply: Antioch Bridge closed today