Northern California Northern California

Fix it ticket.... :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:47 AM
LiveFastDieFun
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix it ticket.... :(

So the other day I was pulled over by CHP on the way to school. Reason was for my tinted windows and blacked out tail lights. He "let me go" on the exhaust and no front lic plate. (I've been driving it like that for over a year) I really don't want to take off the window tint because I know I'll just end up re-tinting them. My question is, is there anyone on the forum who is an officer or knows a friendly officer that would do me a favor and just sign off on it? Thanks.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:09 AM
GARYFINN
Team Owner

Location: S/W ,Fla-Ohio State Football isn't a matter of life or death,Its Much More serious than that
Received 1,142 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by LiveFastDieFun
So the other day I was pulled over by CHP on the way to school. Reason was for my tinted windows and blacked out tail lights. He "let me go" on the exhaust and no front lic plate. (I've been driving it like that for over a year) I really don't want to take off the window tint because I know I'll just end up re-tinting them. My question is, is there anyone on the forum who is an officer or knows a friendly officer that would do me a favor and just sign off on it? Thanks.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:38 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

I don't think you're going to find someone who doesn't kinow you that well that would be willing to risk his career to sign off your ticket. Vette owners are close, but not that close. Maybe I'm wrong.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:44 AM
Codez
Intermediate

Better to go to an opthomologist, have your vision checked, and ask for their "note" that window tinting is prescribed. Use a copy of the note to have ticket signed off, pay the processing fee, and keep a copy of that note in the glove box for the next time.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Chuck A
Race Director

Received 138 Likes on 129 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by 383vett
I don't think you're going to find someone who doesn't kinow you that well that would be willing to risk his career to sign off your ticket. Vette owners are close, but not that close. Maybe I'm wrong.

very correct indeed
Old 10-14-2010, 01:36 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Sure,when your done with that Ill find somebody to help you on a bogus smog.Is it really worth all the hassle for the tint?Personally I cant understand why anybody wold have illegal tint on a car knowing full well its going to come off.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:45 PM
ryguy84
Pro

Did the officer check off if its a correctable or not. CHP have been checking the non correctable box and its just a straight fine. Did he put the meter on it? Might want to fight it.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

Ya two different citations one is a fix it and one is a fine. Check the ticket for which offense.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Pontiaker
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Usually even on a fixable ticket you now get on option to pay a small fine and have the problem fixed or pay a larger fine and not even have to fix it. 2 years ago I got popped for tinted windows and no reg copy in the car. I sent in a copy for the reg and was offered on paper in the packet that came in the mail $15 after I have it fixed or a straight fine of $80 without having it signed off. I just paid the $80 at the time. The CHP officer was not a bad guy, didn't write me up no front plate plus a had a bunch of guns in the car being transported correctly he didn't hassle me at all about them.

Last edited by Pontiaker; 10-14-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:07 PM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

Two things, the doctors note is not valid as they cant supersede the vehicle code. The code does allow for those with light sensitive eyes by permitting the "shade screen" which suctions to the inside of the side window to help reduce sunlight coming into the car if you had "sensitive eyes". Its a pull shade screen that you lift up or down during daylight and you can see through it. They work but who would put that on their vette?

Second, 26708 (a) does not permit any material to be applied on the side windows, regardless of the % shade.

Good luck to you!
Old 10-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are still many LEO's around that will do favors signing off things especially Sheriffs deputies. Go wait for them to get off work at any county jail employee lot where deputies park their cars. Wait near a custom truck with tinted windows and ask. It wont take long to find someone..

Last edited by Z06supercharged; 10-14-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

I used to have a neighbor that had a tinting business.He would tint the sides of these cars in the dark limo tint.I asked him one time how is it these owners are able to get away with this.He said its easy,these are the personal cars of deputy sheriffs.It must be nice.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:47 PM
FastGhost
Burning Brakes

After getting two tickets for tinted windows I gave up and left the damn tint off. I too tried the doctor's Rx rout after a CHP officer at the CHP station told me "there is always an exception" to tinted windows i.e. medication saying avoid prolong sunlight. And that failed also..I was told by my doctor to use a pull down screen or the "sticky back tint" that can be removed.
Someone on here once said sign it off yoursef and send it in that he has done it several times....That is a big chance taker...as others have stated NOT ADVISABLE

Last edited by FastGhost; 10-15-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Originally Posted by FastGhost
Someone on here once said sign it off yoursef and send it in that he has done it several times....
**Not advisable to do so...But for anyone that wants to....

Make sure you find out what badge number ranges the last 5 years or so of recruits have for whomever's agency you are going to use to sign it off.
Scribble a long signature thats unreadable and use a badge number that cant be read either such as making certain numbers look like they could be different (likes 1's and 7's can look alike, 4's also can look like others as well and so on).

Strike up a conversation with the clerk as you pay the fine and she wont even be suspicious which she wouldnt anyway as your gonna be 1 of about 200 people in a line each day shes taking sign off slips from and filing them away that no one will ever check and the clerk could care less who signed it, where or when.

If you get pulled over again for same thing they will know you had it signed off and might try to check who signed it off but highly unlikely but since its all unreadable anyway it aint gonna go anywhere in the research and if questioned all you got to say is I dont remember who signed it or where.....

There are many ways to skin a cat...but you only need 1 of them that works...

Again...not advisable to do it as its easy enough to find a LEO to sign it off without your car even in front of him.

Last edited by Z06supercharged; 10-14-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:37 PM
LiveFastDieFun
Instructor

Originally Posted by Boomer111
Ya two different citations one is a fix it and one is a fine. Check the ticket for which offense.
It's a "fix it".

Originally Posted by ryguy84
Did the officer check off if its a correctable or not. CHP have been checking the non correctable box and its just a straight fine. Did he put the meter on it? Might want to fight it.
They both have the correctable box checked.

Originally Posted by Z06supercharged
There are still many LEO's around that will do favors signing off things especially Sheriffs deputies. Go wait for them to get off work at any county jail employee lot where deputies park their cars. Wait near a custom truck with tinted windows and ask. It wont take long to find someone..
I thought about doing that too.

Make sure you find out what badge number ranges the last 5 years or so of recruits have for whomever's agency you are going to use to sign it off.
Scribble a long signature thats unreadable and use a badge number that cant be read either such as making certain numbers look like they could be different (likes 1's and 7's can look alike, 4's also can look like others as well and so on).

Strike up a conversation with the clerk as you pay the fine and she wont even be suspicious which she wouldnt anyway as your gonna be 1 of about 200 people in a line each day shes taking sign off slips from and filing them away that no one will ever check and the clerk could care less who signed it, where or when.

If you get pulled over again for same thing they will know you had it signed off and might try to check who signed it off but highly unlikely but since its all unreadable anyway it aint gonna go anywhere in the research and if questioned all you got to say is I dont remember who signed it or where.....

Again...not advisable to do it as its easy enough to find a LEO to sign it off without your car even in front of him.
Yea, I've heard of other people having there tickets signed off and the officer didn't even take a look at the car. (under the hood mods). Well I have a friend who also got a fix it ticket for head lights, and thought of using the same badge number and try my best to sign it.

Last edited by LiveFastDieFun; 10-14-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Are you f#cking serious,forging a police officers signature?To date this is the dumbest thing Ive read on this forum.........EVER.Before this the dumbest thing Ive ever read on this forum?HOW MUCH CAR EXHAUST IS ALLOWABLE WITH THE GARAGE DOOR SHUT!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:27 PM
LiveFastDieFun
Instructor

It's just some ideas bouncing around in my head. I don't think I'll end up forging anything.

Get notified of new replies

To Fix it ticket.... :(

Old 10-14-2010, 11:42 PM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
Are you f#cking serious,forging a police officers signature?To date this is the dumbest thing Ive read on this forum.........EVER.Before this the dumbest thing Ive ever read on this forum?HOW MUCH CAR EXHAUST IS ALLOWABLE WITH THE GARAGE DOOR SHUT!
Did you read my lines in red stating its not advised to do it? I just stated how easy it is to do if one wants to. I could really care less how serious it is forging a officers sig if someone wants to do it.
Laws are meant to be broken otherwise there would be no need for cops.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:53 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Did you read my lines in red stating its not advised to do it? I just stated how easy it is to do if one wants to. I could really care less how serious it is forging a officers sig if someone wants to do it.
Laws are meant to be broken otherwise there would be no need for cops.
Good luck with that.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 AM
meldog21
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

CA Penal Code
115. (a) Every person who knowingly procures or offers any false or
forged instrument to be filed, registered, or recorded in any public
office within this state, which instrument, if genuine, might be
filed, registered, or recorded under any law of this state or of the
United States, is guilty of a felony.
(b) Each instrument which is procured or offered to be filed,
registered, or recorded in violation of subdivision (a) shall
constitute a separate violation of this section.
(c) Except in unusual cases where the interests of justice would
best be served if probation is granted, probation shall not be
granted to, nor shall the execution or imposition of sentence be
suspended for, any of the following persons:
(1) Any person with a prior conviction under this section who is
again convicted of a violation of this section in a separate
proceeding.
(2) Any person who is convicted of more than one violation of this
section in a single proceeding, with intent to defraud another, and
where the violations resulted in a cumulative financial loss
exceeding one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000).
(d) For purposes of prosecution under this section, each act of
procurement or of offering a false or forged instrument to be filed,
registered, or recorded shall be considered a separately punishable
offense.

Quick Reply: Fix it ticket.... :(