Go Back   Corvette Forum > Upcoming Events and Regional Discussion > Northern California
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
Northern California Northern California

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 11-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Kenny94945
CF Senior Member

Default Are there discount tickets for SF Autoshow?

For this weekend Nov 21 and 22?
Where?
Kenny94945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:02 AM   #2
mickey_7106
CF Senior Member

if your reffering to the one at the MOSCONE CENTER its not worth it. tickets are already $9

http://www.sfautoshow.com/
mickey_7106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
Kenny94945
CF Senior Member

Yes, Moscone. Yes, $9 each ticket retail.

As a side note I believe the motorcycle show is also going on now in San Mateo.
$15 each ticket retail, $10 car parking/ free for motorbike.
Kenny94945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
MR.Z06
CF Senior Member

It's only $9 a ticket, how much money are you looking to save?
If you're hurting that bad maybe you shouldn't go.
Besides it's not even worth $9. It gets worse every year.
MR.Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
mickey_7106
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSlo View Post
It's only $9 a ticket, how much money are you looking to save?
If you're hurting that bad maybe you shouldn't go.
Besides it's not even worth $9. It gets worse every year.
mickey_7106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #6
C2Dan
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny94945 View Post
For this weekend Nov 21 and 22?
Where?
You can get a free ticket by signing up in advance (not at the show) for a drive in a Nissan Leaf. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that until we got to the show. In any case, as others pointed out, the show gets weaker every year. Now that the big L.A. show is just a week earlier, the manufacturers don't even bother to bring the new models. For example, there was no Camaro convertible. But there were a ZR1 in Supersonic Blue and a fully loaded ZO6 in Inferno Orange (not my favorite colors).
C2Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:30 AM   #7
LS WON
CF Senior Member

Go to BART website and join them for free and you will get discounts on all kinds of events such as this. You can choose the types of events. Actually I don't think you really have to join just click on auto show event and print that out for the 2 for $9.00 price.
The current offer is 2 for the price of one. Show them the printout with your BART ticket.
LS WON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:01 AM   #8
Wynsnob
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Dan View Post
You can get a free ticket by signing up in advance (not at the show) for a drive in a Nissan Leaf. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that until we got to the show. In any case, as others pointed out, the show gets weaker every year. Now that the big L.A. show is just a week earlier, the manufacturers don't even bother to bring the new models. For example, there was no Camaro convertible. But there were a ZR1 in Supersonic Blue and a fully loaded ZO6 in Inferno Orange (not my favorite colors).
Hey, I understand the C7 Concept Car is there, did you see it? What do you think? I am hoping to go to the show this week, if it doesn't rain. Work in the city, so it's only a few blocks away.
I hear there is some positive feedback about this exhibit at this particular show, that is the main reason I would attend. Since you have been there, what's your take?

thanks

Wynsnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:04 AM   #9
doje
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynsnob View Post
Hey, I understand the C7 Concept Car is there, did you see it? What do you think? I am hoping to go to the show this week, if it doesn't rain. Work in the city, so it's only a few blocks away.
I hear there is some positive feedback about this exhibit at this particular show, that is the main reason I would attend. Since you have been there, what's your take?

thanks
It's not a C7 concept car. It's the Stingray concept that has been seen for two years now... which GM says will not be used for the next Corvette design. Of course they also said there was no Blue Devil.
doje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:49 AM   #10
C2Dan
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynsnob View Post
Hey, I understand the C7 Concept Car is there, did you see it? What do you think?
The concept is there, and it looks really cool, but it's old news now, and it (unfortunately) has nothing to do with the C7. That said, I wouldn't discourage anyone from going to the show, especially if it doesn't involve a drive, a parking fee and an outrageously priced lunch. (Yes, I know, we could have left the show and gone elsewhere to eat, but it was raining . . . . ) By far the best part was the exhibit of cars from the twenties--Duesenbergs, Packards, etc., plus a C1 and a few other post-war cars.
C2Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:56 PM   #11
LS WON
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2Dan View Post
Many years ago the shows at the International Car show was great. We had showgirls there giving presentations and were rather distracting in a good way. Now we have
LS WON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:18 AM   #12
Wynsnob
CF Senior Member

We're going anyway. I will be there tomorrow late afternoon. Have to work in the city anyway, leaving early and will hoof it over to Moscone. I love the Vette and am happy to see whatever it might be, stingray or whatever.
The city can be afordable if you are a little flexible. I think bart, although somewhat expensive, is better than a $5 bridge toll and $20 parking. There you go. If you go to China Town or Columbus for dinner, you can even have some great food and not spend the rest of your paycheck.
Anyway, I thank you for your insight, and will do my best to enjoy all the vendors who have their exhibits on stage.
Happy Thanksgiving.

Wynsnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:21 AM   #13
corvettepete
CF Senior Member

I may go tomorrow. Something to do. This show sounds like all the boat shows that, for what is left of them, get worse every year. All shows back in the 90s totally rocked.
corvettepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:21 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > Upcoming Events and Regional Discussion > Northern California
Reload this Page Are there discount tickets for SF Autoshow?