Oakland Raiders

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 03:39 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kouasupra
You were saying??

Derek Carr - 3 touchdown within the first half. He makes the Raider's game more funnier to watch now.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:18 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,364 Likes on 789 Posts

You were saying??

Derek Carr - 3 touchdown within the first half. He makes the Raider's game more funnier to watch now.
I believe he was referring to Schaub.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

You were saying??

You got it wrong, I was talking about Matt Schaub!

Carr had an awesome game!!!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:13 AM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Matt Schaub didn't do anything this preseason except make it hard to watch the Raiders. Carr made it exciting again and Moore was outstanding. I really hope Raiders management has the ***** to let Carr start the season. Besides, what do they have to lose? Does anyone think Schaub can take the Raiders anywhere but to the cellar?
Old 08-29-2014, 03:21 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by moose.b3
Matt Schaub didn't do anything this preseason except make it hard to watch the Raiders. Carr made it exciting again and Moore was outstanding. I really hope Raiders management has the ***** to let Carr start the season. Besides, what do they have to lose? Does anyone think Schaub can take the Raiders anywhere but to the cellar?
Very true, however I don't see Allen letting Carr start. By the way, Coach Allen's expression was priceless when Carr was playing. He looked like the cat that swallowed the canary.

Though one quarter is not representative of Carr's abilities, it was very clear that the offense loves playing for Carr. Go Raiders!!
Old 08-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

Carr had an explosive first quarter. He didn't even get a chance to play until half time. He was that good that the coach had to yanked him out early.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Dennis Allen Clueless

Oakland Raiders coach Dennis Allen said Friday he will know who his starting quarterback for their Week 1 game at the New York Jets early in the week.

However, Allen did not shed any light of whether Matt Schaub or rookie Derek Carr will be behind center in the game during his conference call Friday afternoon. Allen is sticking to what he said Thursday night after Carr starred in a 41-31 home win over Seattle. Allen said the team has to see where Schaub, acquired in a trade with Houston in March, is medically Monday when the team returns to practice.

Schaub didn’t practice all this week with what both he and Allen has called a minor elbow issue. Schaub is dealing with a personal matter and Allen did not see him Friday. The matter is unrelated to football.

“I think the biggest thing is I want to be able to check on Matt and see where Matt is health-wise,” Allen said. “Like I said, he was making some progress last week, threw on the side with the trainers. I feel like he’ll be ready to go, but I think we need to see how he’s doing Monday when he gets in here.”

Still, Allen was just as enthusiastic about Carr’s play Friday as he was the night before. Carr, a second-round pick from Fresno State, completed of 11 of 13 passes for 143 yards and three touchdowns, including two one-play touchdown passes. The Raiders led the Seahawks 28-7 early in the second quarter. Nine of Seattle's started played in the game.

The entire offense seemed to be energized with Carr behind center.

“I was very pleased with what I saw out of Derek Carr last night,” Allen said. “We’ve said all along that Derek is going to be a really good quarterback in this league and he’s shown those signs, and you’ve seen those signs, throughout practices. It was good to see that our whole group offensively was able to go out and function the way that they did last night.”

Still, it appears Allen is three days away from disclosing his plan for the start of the regular season.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Derek Carr will be the starting quarterback... YESSSSS!
Old 09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Derek Carr will be the starting quarterback... YESSSSS!
Is that official or are you just hoping? (as I am)
Old 09-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GotCorvette?
Is that official or are you just hoping? (as I am)
It's Offical and all over the sport news.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:06 PM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

It's Offical and all over the sport news.
Great News.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Dennis Allen finally get some brains, lol

Oakland Raiders coach Dennis Allen insisted last week that he had no concerns about Matt Schaub's elbow soreness preventing the veteran from starting in Week 1.

Conceding the obvious, Allen has now chosen rookie Derek Carr as his starting quarterback for Sunday's game versus the New York Jets, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports, via team sources.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer first reported Allen's decision to turn the offense over to Carr.

Raiders coaches pulled Carr aside this morning and told him to be prepared to start, per Rapoport. Later in the day, they informed the players that Carr was the starter. The rookie was then handling first-team reps in Monday's practice.

This is a move the Raiders had to make. If the 2013 game film suggested that Schaub's days as an effective starting quarterback were behind him, the preseason tape slammed that idea home with authority.

Allen was forced to acknowledge what he outright denied less than 10 days ago: Schaub's arm strength is simply not NFL-caliber right now.

Whereas Schaub cannot throw convincingly beyond 10 yards, Carr was 11-of-18 for 234 yards and three touchdowns on preseason throws over 10 yards, per Pro Football Focus.

Although it's somewhat surprising that Carr has beaten Blake Bortles, Johnny Manziel and Teddy Bridgewater to the starting lineup, NFL Media's Albert Breer reported in early June that the Raiders' coaching staff expected their second-round draft pick to push Schaub.

We suspected all along that Carr would end up being a plug-and-play draft pick.

Even against an undermanned Jets secondary, Carr still faces a stiff first test against Rex Ryan, one of the NFL's premier defensive strategists.

Should Carr struggle to adjust to NFL defenses early in the season, look for the Raiders to turn to Matt McGloin rather than their $8 million boondoggle.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

I really glad to be wrong on this one! Go Raiders!!!
Old 09-01-2014, 10:35 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Old 09-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Go raiders

Originally Posted by moose.b3

Old 09-06-2014, 12:27 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Black Jerseys

Suppose to be hot and high humidity, so there making the Raiders play in there black jersey. Let's see if the Raiders can get a win on the east coast, has been a long time since they have.

Last edited by Paul 68; 09-06-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:41 PM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

If someone was paying our receivers to drop passes, they could have all bought new Bentleys after the game.

Get notified of new replies

To Oakland Raiders

Old 09-07-2014, 07:11 PM
209TIME!!!
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

great way to start the season with a big L

on a serious note, the Raiders looked good with Carr under center, then they just could not sustain a good drive, the play calling sucked, oh well lets go Chargers!!!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 209TIME!!!
great way to start the season with a big L

on a serious note, the Raiders looked good with Carr under center, then they just could not sustain a good drive, the play calling sucked, oh well lets go Chargers!!!

That's because Greg Olson sucks, along with Dennis Allen. Let's go Raiders. Arizona, kick some Chargers butt, Monday night.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Raiders vs. Jets

This game could have been 41-14 but the turnovers and dumb penalties by the Jets kept the Raiders in the game. Dennis Allen in preseason said he wasn't worry about the Defense? Same D as before, can't stop anyone, when we need too. Allen going keep blaming the players, you and McKenzie pick them. I think the coaches, need to look at themselves. On positive note, Carr look good, might be future? Go Raiders.

Quick Reply: Oakland Raiders