Northern California Northern California

Oakland Raiders

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by PartTimeGenius
I've done a Google search for Raider boards, but after seeing what came up, I'm kinda surprised at the lack of quality I found.

I'd like to be able to get in-depth, up-to-date info from local columnists on our players etc, but I also like to read fan commentary.

Maybe I missed something in my search. Any sites you guys can recommend?
Raiders app, I get all the Raiders info from there app on my iPhone our iPad. Not sure if yo can get the app with other phones but don't see why not. The app just called, Raiders. I will post some Raiders forum too.

https://raider-forums.com/
www.silverandblackpride.com/
oak.scout.com
raiderslinks.com

raiderslinks web site give you multiple websites for Raiders forums.

Last edited by Paul 68; 12-14-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:43 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Clean House

When season ends, Mark Davis needs to clean house, goodbye coaches, GM and some players. Glad we beat the Whiners last week, at least can be proud about that. Need to get a good coach and GM. Then we can go out and get some better players. Raiders can't seem to win on the road. Go Raiders, for next year.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:29 AM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul 68
When season ends, Mark Davis needs to clean house, goodbye coaches, GM and some players. Glad we beat the Whiners last week, at least can be proud about that. Need to get a good coach and GM. Then we can go out and get some better players. Raiders can't seem to win on the road. Go Raiders, for next year.
I would really like to see what Carr could do with better players around him, especially an offensive line that could give him some protection. Again special teams cost the Raiders points and field position.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:50 AM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by moose.b3

I would really like to see what Carr could do with better players around him, especially an offensive line that could give him some protection. Again special teams cost the Raiders points and field position.
And, of course the usual dropped passes.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:02 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Jon Gruden staying with ESPN

During the Monday Night Football, at halftime they announce Jon Gruden signed a contract extension with ESPN threw 2021. So Gruden staying put and will not be coming back to Oakland. He was smart to stay with ESPN, coaching the Raiders would drive him crazy.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:02 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

During the Monday Night Football, at halftime they announce Jon Gruden signed a contract extension with ESPN threw 2021. So Gruden staying put and will not be coming back to Oakland. He was smart to stay with ESPN, coaching the Raiders would drive him crazy.
Yeah, I agree Paul! He has the easy life now, why take on such a project especially with that type of management and too many things to fix, from coaches to players. Not to mention he has a family life, not being a Head Coach.

I hope Mark Davis makes Reggie walk the plank, but I doubt he will!
Old 12-16-2014, 03:02 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Kingspoke
Yeah, I agree Paul! He has the easy life now, why take on such a project especially with that type of management and too many things to fix, from coaches to players. Not to mention he has a family life, not being a Head Coach.

I hope Mark Davis makes Reggie walk the plank, but I doubt he will!
Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis is prepared to make "bold moves" and "spend big money" to turn the franchise around, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.

One change that could be made is firing general manager Reggie McKenzie, according to Schefter. The Raiders are also still looking for a new head coach after firing Dennis Allen early in the season. Tony Sparano has been serving as the team's interim coach.

On his road trips this season, Davis has been meeting with former Raiders and people not connected to Oakland's front office, gleaning insight and tips about ways to improve his franchise, sources said.

San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh has been linked to the Raiders, and NFL.com's Ian Rapoport has said there is "mutual interest" between the sides.

Oakland is 2-11 this season after going 4-12 in each of the previous two seasons, but has won two of its last three games. The franchise has not made the playoffs since 2002.

Kingspoke you might get your wish and mine Mckrapsie might be gone.

Last edited by Paul 68; 12-16-2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:14 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

That would be a good start!
Old 12-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Jim Harbaugh

San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh has been offered a six-year contract worth $48 million to become the new coach at Michigan, sources informed of Michigan's plans told NFL Media insider Ian Rapoport.

Sources Tell Us: What we're hearing about top NFL prospects
A week ago Harbaugh indicated to Michigan officials that he preferred to stay in the NFL, according to Rapoport. Michigan's search has been deliberate since the Wolverines fired Brady Hoke, and speculation has been that the school is waiting on Harbaugh's season with the 49ers to end. With the 49ers out of the playoff picture and reports of discord between Harbaugh and the club, the Wolverines could be the right move at the right time for Harbaugh, a former Michigan quarterback.

"Jim Harbaugh has not yet told Michigan a definitive no," Rapoport said on NFL Network's "Around the NFL."

Harbaugh, whose 49ers ranks a distant third in the NFC West at 7-7, has one year remaining on his contract with San Francisco.

At $8 million per season, the deal at Michigan would make Harbaugh the highest-paid coach in college football -- more than Alabama's Nick Saban, who earns in excess of $7 million per year. LSU coach Les Miles, a former Michigan player who has also been part of speculation about the job, has said he has had no contact with Michigan.

"The Oakland Raiders, who definitely have interest in him to become their head coach, they wait as well," Rapoport added.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh has been offered a six-year contract worth $48 million to become the new coach at Michigan, sources informed of Michigan's plans told NFL Media insider Ian Rapoport.

Sources Tell Us: What we're hearing about top NFL prospects
A week ago Harbaugh indicated to Michigan officials that he preferred to stay in the NFL, according to Rapoport. Michigan's search has been deliberate since the Wolverines fired Brady Hoke, and speculation has been that the school is waiting on Harbaugh's season with the 49ers to end. With the 49ers out of the playoff picture and reports of discord between Harbaugh and the club, the Wolverines could be the right move at the right time for Harbaugh, a former Michigan quarterback.

"Jim Harbaugh has not yet told Michigan a definitive no," Rapoport said on NFL Network's "Around the NFL."

Harbaugh, whose 49ers ranks a distant third in the NFC West at 7-7, has one year remaining on his contract with San Francisco.

At $8 million per season, the deal at Michigan would make Harbaugh the highest-paid coach in college football -- more than Alabama's Nick Saban, who earns in excess of $7 million per year. LSU coach Les Miles, a former Michigan player who has also been part of speculation about the job, has said he has had no contact with Michigan.

"The Oakland Raiders, who definitely have interest in him to become their head coach, they wait as well," Rapoport added.
Wow, that would be tough to turn down, but it seems he wants to stay with the NFL and close to the bay area. I can see him coming to the Raiders, but there is certainly better options. On the other hand anyone who turn the Raiders ship around, would get in the NFL's greatest coaches chapter.

By the way, isn't it interesting that after being fired from 3 initial NFL assitant coaching postions, that the great Coach Bill Parcells hired & mentored Sparano, giving him his first real opportunities with several positions including assistant HC of the Dallas Cowboys, and later hiring him as HC for the Miami Dolphins.

Among many humorous quotes by HOF Coach Parcells, "Success is never final, but failure can be". "I'm not really in the excuse business", & "Nowadays, if you are afraid of confrontation, you are not going to do very well."
Old 12-18-2014, 01:25 AM
ClipperFan
Race Director

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

The Raiders & Rams will move back to Los Angeles
Old 12-19-2014, 11:02 AM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Raiders app, I get all the Raiders info from there app on my iPhone our iPad. Not sure if yo can get the app with other phones but don't see why not. The app just called, Raiders. I will post some Raiders forum too.

https://raider-forums.com/
www.silverandblackpride.com/
oak.scout.com
raiderslinks.com

raiderslinks web site give you multiple websites for Raiders forums.
Thanks again, Paul!
Old 12-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,364 Likes on 789 Posts

Bleacher Report is what I use. You can specify the teams and sports you want to follow.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Thanks again, Paul!

Sure no problem. Happy Holidays.
Old 12-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ClipperFan
The Raiders & Rams will move back to Los Angeles

Rams can, Raiders better stay put.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:50 PM
ANTBRAX
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, well, well....just ended another season. Will Amari Cooper still be available at 5 or 6?
Old 12-21-2014, 09:29 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

It was reported late last week that there would be no team in LA for 2015 and was reported by San Francisco Chronicle that the Raiders are in the final stages of signing a one year lease for the O.co. All that means to me is we're gonna be strung along again for another year of threats of moving the team again even though they've sold out every game this year.

Whatever Mark decides to do I hope it turns the team around like Harbaugh did for the 49ers. The 49ers are on the verge of implosion and I'd like nothing more than to see the Raiders in the Super Bowl before them. Even better crack smoking idea would to be 2016 at Levi Stadium...

Get notified of new replies

To Oakland Raiders

Old 12-23-2014, 11:48 AM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ANTBRAX
Well, well, well....just ended another season. Will Amari Cooper still be available at 5 or 6?
Ironic, isn't it? As much as I enjoyed seeing the Raiders start to play well and pull off some wins, if we'd finished the season with only one or two wins, we might've been able to parlay the first overall pick into an early 1st round pick plus one or two later picks. As it stands, we should still have a top-6 pick, so at least we'll have a shot at one highly-talented player.

Most boards are showing QBs Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston going 1st and 2nd, so there's a good possibility that either WR Cooper or DT Leonard Williams will be available. IMNSHO, we really need best-in-class at both positions.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Paul and all my Raider brothers on here!
Old 12-25-2014, 04:49 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Merry Christmas!!
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 12-26-2014, 09:42 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Ironic, isn't it? As much as I enjoyed seeing the Raiders start to play well and pull off some wins, if we'd finished the season with only one or two wins, we might've been able to parlay the first overall pick into an early 1st round pick plus one or two later picks. As it stands, we should still have a top-6 pick, so at least we'll have a shot at one highly-talented player.

Most boards are showing QBs Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston going 1st and 2nd, so there's a good possibility that either WR Cooper or DT Leonard Williams will be available. IMNSHO, we really need best-in-class at both positions.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Paul and all my Raider brothers on here!

Thanks, same to you. Go Raiders in 2015.

Quick Reply: Oakland Raiders