Northern California Northern California

Oakland Raiders

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 11:34 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Go Seahawks!!! That was just an amazing Seahawks come back with less than 4 minutes, an awesome field goal by GB to send them into OT, and then finished off with an amazing TD pass by Wilson!

The Seahawks really have some mojo going on right now!
Old 01-21-2015, 12:03 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingspoke
Go Seahawks!!! That was just an amazing Seahawks come back with less than 4 minutes, an awesome field goal by GB to send them into OT, and then finished off with an amazing TD pass by Wilson!

The Seahawks really have some mojo going on right now!
Yeah great game those last 4 minutes. I turn the game after Wilson threw his fourth pick. Then turn the game back on after Seattle recover the onside kick. Wish I didn't change the channel, but I thought Seattle was done. Now let's hope they whip Pats *** and have Brady lose his third straight Super Bowl after winning three straight. That video tape cheating, the Pats did help them win the first three Super Bowls. But since they been caught they lost the last two a Super Bowls. Go Seahawks
Old 01-21-2015, 03:25 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Paul 68
Yeah great game those last 4 minutes. I turn the game after Wilson threw his fourth pick. Then turn the game back on after Seattle recover the onside kick. Wish I didn't change the channel, but I thought Seattle was done. Now let's hope they whip Pats *** and have Brady lose his third straight Super Bowl after winning three straight. That video tape cheating, the Pats did help them win the first three Super Bowls. But since they been caught they lost the last two a Super Bowls. Go Seahawks
I did the same damn thing! After seeing the dejected look of the Seahawks bench and the confidence on the GB bench, I though, Ok, this one's in the bag. Luckily today I got to see the entire 4 minutes, and loved every second of it.

I felt sorry for GB's Brian Bostick #86, when he mishandled the onside kick. It was just one of those things that happened at the worse possible time. He was so humble, and calm when reporters hammered him after the game, saying he felt he let his family & team down. I could see the coach yelling at him as he went to the sideline.

A bad call or bad play is all it takes at that level, to turn the tide, and the Wilson and the Seahawks wasted no time taking advantage.

Anyhow very exciting 4 minutes plus OT!
Old 01-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 788 Posts

Pity the fair weather Seahawks fans that left the game early and missed an epic comeback. Not!!
Old 01-22-2015, 02:48 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default O.c.

What do you guys think of Bill Musgrave as O.C.? When I heard about it was very disappointed, I was saying what happen to Trestman, then he ends up signing with the Ravens. He was suppose to come in for a interview, but guess it never happen. Ok that didn't happen, so why didn't we try and get Adam Gase? Well at least I read, that Musgrave will design the offense around the players strengths, better than what we had before where you had to run there offense to what they wanted, it did not matter if that was to our players weakness. Will see what happens, but Musgrave doesn't excite me.

Last edited by Paul 68; 01-22-2015 at 02:58 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:19 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

What do you guys think of Bill Musgrave as O.C.? When I heard about it was very disappointed, I was saying what happen to Trestman, then he ends up signing with the Ravens. He was suppose to come in for a interview, but guess it never happen. Ok that didn't happen, so why didn't we try and get Adam Gase? Well at least I read, that Musgrave will design the offense around the players strengths, better than what we had before where you had to run there offense to what they wanted, it did not matter if that was to our players weakness. Will see what happens, but Musgrave doesn't excite me.
Wow, after doing some reading, I can't think of a more controversial selection than Musgrave. If his record is any indicator, he will not be around more than a couple of years, if that!

What I do like is that he has extensive experience in the QB position and he has been previous QB coach for; the Raiders in 1997, Eagles in 1998, Panthers in 1999 under George Seifert, Redskins in 2005, Falcons 2006, back to the Eagles and now back with the Raiders as OC. In all he has been O.C. and/or QB coach for (7) teams and two of those (Raiders & Eagles) twice.

Under Seifert, he was promoted to OC, where at one point it was rumored that he yelled at Seifert in front of the players, and his position only lasted 4 games when he opted to resign.

This guy does not seem like a very good candidate, despite his extensive experience as OC. Ironically, as OC for University of Virginia, he tutored Matt Schaub to setting some school records.

He probably should be QB coach for Carr, and call it a day!

Last edited by Kingspoke; 01-22-2015 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 04:02 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Wow, after doing some reading, I can't think of a more controversial selection than Musgrave. If his record is any indicator, he will not be around more than a couple of years, if that!

What I do like is that he has extensive experience in the QB position and he has been previous QB coach for; the Raiders in 1997, Eagles in 1998, Panthers in 1999 under George Seifert, Redskins in 2005, Falcons 2006, back to the Eagles and now back with the Raiders as OC. In all he has been O.C. and/or QB coach for (7) teams and two of those (Raiders & Eagles) twice.

Under Seifert, he was promoted to OC, where at one point it was rumored that he yelled at Seifert in front of the players, and his position only lasted 4 games when he opted to resign.

This guy does not seem like a very good candidate, despite his extensive experience as OC. Ironically, as OC for University of Virginia, he tutored Matt Schaub to setting some school records.

He probably should be QB coach for Carr, and call it a day!
And to top it off, he was a QB for the Forty Whiners.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

And to top it off, he was a QB for the Forty Whiners.
With Siefert and for some reason this guy only played a couple of games in 1991 & 1993. I wonder what's the story on that. I guess when you have Montana & Young .... Mike Shanahan was OC then.

Musgrave was a very good QB for Oregon Ducks and was HOF!! Some how he just didn't pan out in the NFL. Drafted 4th round by Dallas then released in camp!

I think this guy could be good for Carr, but making him OC seems like a big gamble, loyalties aside. The more I read the less I want to know.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:13 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

With Siefert and for some reason this guy only played a couple of games in 1991 & 1993. I wonder what's the story on that. I guess when you have Montana & Young .... Mike Shanahan was OC then.

Musgrave was a very good QB for Oregon Ducks and was HOF!! Some how he just didn't pan out in the NFL. Drafted 4th round by Dallas then released in camp!

I think this guy could be good for Carr, but making him OC seems like a big gamble, loyalties aside. The more I read the less I want to know.
Only time will tell, we half to wait and see and probably suffer, lol. I know this is a Raiders thread, but half to give props to the Golden State Warriors there on fire. Klay Thompson scores 37 points in a quarter, went 13 for 13, set a NBA record for points in one quarter. Crazy.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:32 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Charles Woodson

Charles Woodson, signed a one year deal with the Oakland Raiders today. Will be on the team for the 2015 season.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:40 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Charles Woodson, signed a one year deal with the Oakland Raiders today. Will be on the team for the 2015 season.
That's great news, glad to hear that! I didn't think he would come back for season 18!!!
Old 01-27-2015, 09:18 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Old 02-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

WTF WTF WTF!!!

Did Dennis Allen somehow dial up that call? You're 2nd and goal (on the one yard line) and have the NFL's leading rusher, Marshawn Lynch, and you decide to throw in close quarters when you have 3 attempts to run it in?

I'll never be able to understand the logic of this one!

Last edited by Kingspoke; 02-02-2015 at 02:17 AM. Reason: 1 yd line
Old 02-02-2015, 10:48 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

WTF WTF WTF!!!

Did Dennis Allen somehow dial up that call? You're 2nd and goal (on the one yard line) and have the NFL's leading rusher, Marshawn Lynch, and you decide to throw in close quarters when you have 3 attempts to run it in?

It seems like some coaches want to show how smart they are instead of just doing something simple that would work. A totally stupid play call.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by folsomlarry
It seems like some coaches want to show how smart they are instead of just doing something simple that would work. A totally stupid play call.
This one will go down in history as one of the dumbest super bowl play calling, resulting in a loss.

Can you imagine some of the players thoughts, after struggling with injuries, fatigue, and you're only one foot and seconds away from winning the super bowl, and you throw the ball away. Are they of the mind that NFL's leading rusher, Marshawn Lynch who can move piles, can't get the job done in 3 attempts?

Normally, I would not be this emotional about a loss but that was just absurd, beyond belief!
Old 02-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

I loved it. I hate Seattle almost as much as the Donkeys. They had it won and threw it away. Is there anyone on the planet that doesn't think Lynch could have moved the pile one yard in 3 tries?
Old 02-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Woodson
I loved it. I hate Seattle almost as much as the Donkeys. They had it won and threw it away. Is there anyone on the planet that doesn't think Lynch could have moved the pile one yard in 3 tries?
Pete Carroll is a very smart coach, but that had to be the dumbest call to make when you had maybe a couple runs at vs one all out high risk pass call. Not using the weapons that got you there, and trying to be creative at the wrong time.

Well it's in the history books! Though I can't understand Carroll's arrogance to just shrug if off to a good defensive play, which would never have occurred without his blessing. I feel sorry for the Seahawk faithful, they were robbed!

Get notified of new replies

To Oakland Raiders

Old 02-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

The Raiders need to find another Chris Matthews, sitting somewhere in some Bay Area "Footlocker" waiting for someone to call him up (LOL)!
Old 02-02-2015, 09:02 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

WTF WTF WTF!!!

When Seattle receiver made that crazy catch, when the ball never hit the ground on the final drive, I was thinking they got this game, they got luck going for them like the Packers game. Then comes the 2nd and goal from the one and they decided to throw it and not run it, couldn't believe it, thought Lynch would get the call on second down, what a joke. Sucks, wanted Seahawks.

Last edited by Paul 68; 02-02-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-02-2015, 09:19 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

This one will go down in history as one of the dumbest super bowl play calling, resulting in a loss.

Can you imagine some of the players thoughts, after struggling with injuries, fatigue, and you're only one foot and seconds away from winning the super bowl, and you throw the ball away. Are they of the mind that NFL's leading rusher, Marshawn Lynch who can move piles, can't get the job done in 3 attempts?

Normally, I would not be this emotional about a loss but that was just absurd, beyond belief!
If they didn't blow those two timeouts on that drive, then maybe they run the ball for sure, cause they have multiple timeouts left, but that shouldn't have stop them, should have ran it for sure. Sucks, hate Pats and Brady, him and his tuck game, we started it all for him. If we win the tuck ball game, Brady might have not gone on a tear like he did, for sure he have one less Super Bowl. Oh well on to next season.

Last edited by Paul 68; 02-02-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Oakland Raiders