Northern California Northern California

Oakland Raiders

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingspoke
It would be schweet, if Oakland/Alameda County could get this done! Now is the time for them to step to the plate!

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci....html?page=all

Yeah read that article not to long ago, hope they can get something done. Raiders need to stay in Oakland.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by moose.b3
Oakland city counsel approves new Raider stadium project. It's only a start, but it's a start.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranci...html?ana=yahoo
Great news !!! Go RAIDERS.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:19 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Received 105 Likes on 67 Posts

Default Match up: Derek Carr vs Christian Ponder

I'm just not buying this line! What do you guys think!

http://thevikingage.com/2015/03/20/s...rr-in-oakland/

Attached Images   
Old 03-22-2015, 01:47 PM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

I would hope that it's Carrs to lose. I thought he earned it after last year.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,364 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by moose.b3
I would hope that it's Carrs to lose. I thought he earned it after last year.
It is and he did.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

No way, Raiders are stupid if Derek Carr not the starter, Ponder a backup period. Musgrave said already that there going to run a offense to Carr strength, similar to what he ran in college. No huddle, fast pace style offense. Carr the man.

Last edited by Paul 68; 03-22-2015 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:38 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,364 Likes on 789 Posts

Not to worry. It was only one sportswriter's opinion. All the other writers, and I'm sure Raiders staff, think he is a crazy as we do.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Woodson
Not to worry. It was only one sportswriter's opinion. All the other writers, and I'm sure Raiders staff, think he is a crazy as we do.
Yeah but who is he? Just watch the UTube link posted above. The guy posed a video from his house and showing his computer screen. He probably just a blogger and that his opinion. Draft next month, hope Raiders pick up some good players.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Sid Hartman, never heard of him, but he must be a sport writer for the Vikings. Since the link Vikingage.com. Ponder had his better year with Musgrave, but he still sucked. Sid Hartman just trying to stir the pot, like the rest of the NFL did, against the Raiders. Agents used the Raiders, to drive up the prices of some of the free agent, even though there client never intended to sign with the Raiders. Just like Greg Hardy, then Mark Davis comes out and said all reports about Raiders starting negotiations with Greg Hardy was false, just to drive up the price. Dallas got him, hope he F up there team. Go Raiders.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Yeah, two different guys on this Ponder issue. I think Sid Hartman wants to be so right about this Ponder guy like John Grunden wants to be right on Manziel.

No doubt Carr has earned this the spot as the Raiders QB, pretty damn good rookie season and with Musgrave's coaching and improved O line (Rodney Hudson C and Lee Smith TE), it's gonna be good!

I am a little suspicious about Musgrave picking up Ponder though!

Ya'll know I love M&M as backup!
Attached Images   
Old 03-23-2015, 10:58 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Carr will be the starter
Old 03-27-2015, 11:26 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by folsomlarry
Carr will be the starter

GO WARRIORS, got to give them there props. Pacific West Champs.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:37 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Derek Carr

Derek Carr is ready for the Raiders to move faster.

Oakland's second-year quarterback told reporters Monday that he can't wait to dig his claws into the up-tempo attack of new offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave, who -- after spending last season with Chip Kelly's Eagles -- runs a scheme that shares DNA with the quick-moving offense Carr guided at Fresno State.

"I'm really excited, because just what I've heard and the things that we've talked about and what I assume, it is what I did at Fresno," Carr said, per the team's official website. "It's something that I'm comfortable doing. The things that they want to do are things that I'm good at, and that's really cool, that they want to take the offense and say, 'Hey, let's make it good at what you do. Let's build it around you and let's put pieces there that you feel comfortable with,' and all that kind of stuff."

If Carr's rookie campaign has been over-praised, the quarterback made the most of his opportunity in throwing 21 touchdowns to just 12 picks. The strong-armed Carr needs to test the field more in Year 2, though, after finishing last among NFL starters with a paltry 5.46 yards per attempt. He suffered through plenty of rookie moments inside a talent-poor offense, but Carr also showed that he could take an NFL hit and get back on his feet.

The things that I wanted to go back and see, I did. Those were the things I needed to work on," Carr said of his offseason film-watching. "My whole mindset, you guys know, is I want to win Super Bowls. How do we do that? Me, by myself, the way I do that is I have to get better personally ... I went back and said, 'What do I need to get better at?' Because the NFL game is way different than college. It's not like, 'Oh, I'll just keep doing the same thing.' You can't. I've got to change some things and I'm looking forward to seeing how that works."

It's too early to assume the Raiders have found their long-term answer under center, but Carr showed signs of promise. With patience for young quarterbacks at an all-time low in today's NFL, though, the honeymoon period is over. Like 31 other passers league-wide, Carr is under pressure to produce wins or take a seat.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:34 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default Michael Crabtree

Raiders sign Michael Crabtree to a one year deal for 3m. I hate Craptree, think he could be a cancer to the team. I don't like him, but let's see what happens. Go Raiders.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

I think it could be a very good move picking up Crabtree for a one year deal as it will give the Raiders one more weapon and some breathing room, without going all in on Crabtree.

Crabtree will be very motivated to perform at his very best on a short contract, the Raiders will get some help where they need it (making JJ more open?), and the Raiders can still focus on a long term prospect.

I don't think Crabtree would have the luxury to compromise his future value with a short term contract.

I guess Trent Richardson would be my equivalant nightmare selection, but neither will put much of a dent on the budget (especially TR), and are in a "must perform" year.

Ok, ok, I'm ridiculously optimistic about the Raiders!
Old 04-14-2015, 11:06 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

I think it could be a very good move picking up Crabtree for a one year deal as it will give the Raiders one more weapon and some breathing room, without going all in on Crabtree.

Crabtree will be very motivated to perform at his very best on a short contract, the Raiders will get some help where they need it (making JJ more open?), and the Raiders can still focus on a long term prospect.

I don't think Crabtree would have the luxury to compromise his future value with a short term contract.

I guess Trent Richardson would be my equivalant nightmare selection, but neither will put much of a dent on the budget (especially TR), and are in a "must perform" year.

Ok, ok, I'm ridiculously optimistic about the Raiders!
Yeah Trent Richardson was a head scratcher pick up. What I don't like about Crabtree is his attitude, he got decent hands though, will see what happens with both players. Draft going to be here before you know it, that where we need to make good moves. You don't build championship teams threw free agency, you build them threw the draft. Go Raiders.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:46 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Paul 68
Yeah Trent Richardson was a head scratcher pick up. What I don't like about Crabtree is his attitude, he got decent hands though, will see what happens with both players. Draft going to be here before you know it, that where we need to make good moves. You don't build championship teams threw free agency, you build them threw the draft. Go Raiders.
That's exactly where I think this is going. The draft is the long term franchise players and Crabtree an interim player that can fill an important void, and TR(?) well let's just roll the dice at this price (lol).

Overall, I love what Mark Davis is doing, and I'm very excited about the 2015 regular season with Derrick Carr getting some immediate help in the receiver position, blocking TE Lee Smith, and center Rodney Hudson. With these changes alone, Musgrave's QB background, and no huddle offense, Carr should be in his element!

Preseason will be an adjustment period, but I look for a winning regular season. Go Raiders!

Get notified of new replies

To Oakland Raiders

Old 04-15-2015, 10:37 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

That's exactly where I think this is going. The draft is the long term franchise players and Crabtree an interim player that can fill an important void, and TR(?) well let's just roll the dice at this price (lol).

Overall, I love what Mark Davis is doing, and I'm very excited about the 2015 regular season with Derrick Carr getting some immediate help in the receiver position, blocking TE Lee Smith, and center Rodney Hudson. With these changes alone, Musgrave's QB background, and no huddle offense, Carr should be in his element!

Preseason will be an adjustment period, but I look for a winning regular season. Go Raiders!
I was happy with most of the offseason moves until they picked up Crabtree. There is a reason that only one other team tried to sign him. He has an attitude problem and I think he is one of most overrated players in the NFL. I hope I am wrong and that he helps us, but I remember how excited everyone was when we got Randy Moss, and that never worked out.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:42 AM
Kingspoke
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by folsomlarry
I was happy with most of the offseason moves until they picked up Crabtree. There is a reason that only one other team tried to sign him. He has an attitude problem and I think he is one of most overrated players in the NFL. I hope I am wrong and that he helps us, but I remember how excited everyone was when we got Randy Moss, and that never worked out.
I guess I have what Alan Greenspan describes as "Irrational Exuberance"!

I agree with you guys on these two knuckleheads, but hopefully this one year window will be incentive enough, to make them perform. If not they'll be gone at the end of the season, if not sooner.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:32 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

I guess I have what Alan Greenspan describes as "Irrational Exuberance"!

I agree with you guys on these two knuckleheads, but hopefully this one year window will be incentive enough, to make them perform. If not they'll be gone at the end of the season, if not sooner.
You got to remember, before Crabtree played one down in the NFL, he sat out for more money his rookie year until like game 6. There was talk he might sit out the season, that right there tells me, your a jerk. Haven't played one down in the NFL and wanted to get paid like a number #1 receiver. He got drafted 8th and wanted to be paid like a top five draft pick. Glad Raiders didn't over pay, heard Miami offer him 3 million a year and he turn them down, and said he was willing to wait it out. So I guess he thought he get a bigger pay day from the Raiders because of the cap space. Well Raiders offer same as Miami but with incentives, which can work out to 5 mil for the year. He figure he better sign with us, because no other teams going to give him more money, are if really any other teams where interested in him. So if he suck with us, he be gone after only one year and 3 million dollars. Heck we wasted more money with Flynn and Schaub. Go Raiders.

Quick Reply: Oakland Raiders