Oakland Raiders

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 09:09 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul 68
Yeah, last time they moved, they still practice in Alameda for one year. I hope they stay, but if not rather they go to LA then San Antonio. Be a Raiders fan no matter where they go. For Broncos will you sell just four? Our you just selling all six together?
4 is possible
Let me know
Old 07-29-2015, 03:38 PM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Raiderh20boy
4 is possible
Let me know
If you have two left, PM me with details, please.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:10 PM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GotCorvette?
If you have two left, PM me with details, please.
msg sent!
Old 08-15-2015, 01:20 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Raiders Preseason

I know it's just preseason, but this coaching staff is hands down better than last year staff. Only 2 penalties, move the ball well on offense and defense looked good after the Rams first drive. This year should be exciting. Finally looking forward to a Raiders season. Had no confidence when Dennis Crap Allen was head coach. Go Raiders in 2015.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:12 AM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I Have 6 GREAT SEATS available for Aug 30 against Arizona. Let me know if anyone here is interested. Sunday 5:00 pm start. 3rd pre-season game is usually the best of pre-season as starters will go a LOT LONGER and Arizona is a GREAT MATCH UP TO SEE WHAT WE CAN DO !! Arizona just might be a Super Bowl contender. If they didn't lose Carson Palmer to injury last season a lot of people think they might have beat the Pats for the title!!
Old 08-17-2015, 11:09 AM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Questions about the future of this organization

Anybody got the inside scoop on what's really going on as far as where we're going to be playing in the future? Is our stadium really as horrible as I've heard? Realistically, is it possible to just refurbish it, as opposed to spending billions building another one, especially since we can't seem to sell it out? Do we really think sharing a stadium with the Chargers wouldn't be a logistical nightmare? Of the three teams vying to move to LA, which two would you say would draw the biggest crowds?

As for the players, I wasn't able to watch the game, but the clips and analysis I saw showed a vastly improved squad capable of playing aggressive defense and moving the ball down the field. Yeah, I know it was the first preseason game, but they looked remarkably better than last year's team.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:31 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by PartTimeGenius
Anybody got the inside scoop on what's really going on as far as where we're going to be playing in the future? Is our stadium really as horrible as I've heard? Realistically, is it possible to just refurbish it, as opposed to spending billions building another one, especially since we can't seem to sell it out? Do we really think sharing a stadium with the Chargers wouldn't be a logistical nightmare? Of the three teams vying to move to LA, which two would you say would draw the biggest crowds?

As for the players, I wasn't able to watch the game, but the clips and analysis I saw showed a vastly improved squad capable of playing aggressive defense and moving the ball down the field. Yeah, I know it was the first preseason game, but they looked remarkably better than last year's team.
No idea on stadium front. I see nothing wrong with the stadium, but owner want all this high tech stuff, a lot of luxury boxes and price out all the blue collar fans, the true fans. As for selling out games they have been for awhile last year there was no blackouts since they put the tarps up and very few the year before they usually get 50,000 plus a game. That why they put up the tarps so they get the sell out, without tarps stadium holds about 62,500 seats. The new stadium going to hold around 56,000 or less cant remember exact number, because they did a survey and the Raiders usually get 50,000 plus people per game, even though they been crap these last twelve years. In the case of Raiders and Chargers sharing a stadium I think Raiders would out sell Chargers, plus Raiders where there before and have a fan base. But if the Raiders, Chargers stadium goes threw, someone going half to move to the NFC from what I am hearing. The Raiders do need a new stadium, but Oakland not going to use any public funds, so if Mark Davis is not going to front the whole bill then I think there gone. Personally I don't think he wants to stay, he says he does but show very little effort in trying to get it done in Oakland all his effort is on the Carson project. These owners are billionaires they should pay for new stadium themselfs, if they can't afford then the NFL should help out with a loan, you know they got more than enough money. I hope the Raiders stay in Oakland, I am only about 15 minutes away from the stadium. But if they leave, there still my team. Raiders till I die.

Last edited by Paul 68; 08-17-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:44 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

Lots of encouraging signs in that game. Hudson is a beast.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:33 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Woodson
Old 08-18-2015, 11:11 AM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Woodson

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1590288052
Old 08-22-2015, 09:04 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Default DJ Hayden

DJ Hayden sucks, they complete passes against him in practice and in preseason games. He looks like a bust so far, this is his third year and still looks like crap.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:31 PM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Ken Stabler finalist for 2016 Hall of Fame. http://www.endzonescore.com/ken-stab...-of-fame/24162

I don't own a Corvette anymore, but a fuel rail cover from my silver '05 autographed by Kenny with a silver sharpie still hangs on my wall. It's not for sale.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:23 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GotCorvette?
Ken Stabler finalist for 2016 Hall of Fame. http://www.endzonescore.com/ken-stab...-of-fame/24162

I don't own a Corvette anymore, but a fuel rail cover from my silver '05 autographed by Kenny with a silver sharpie still hangs on my wall. It's not for sale.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:07 AM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

DJ Hayden sucks, they complete passes against him in practice and in preseason games. He looks like a bust so far, this is his third year and still looks like crap.

Some of the other Raider boards are saying he's a liability, and whether you agree with that or not, there's no disputing the fact that he's been a major disappointment, considering that he was a first round pick. Even though there have been some decent improvements to our front seven, our secondary looks vulnerable & IMO Hayden may be the weakest link.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:13 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Some of the other Raider boards are saying he's a liability, and whether you agree with that or not, there's no disputing the fact that he's been a major disappointment, considering that he was a first round pick. Even though there have been some decent improvements to our front seven, our secondary looks vulnerable & IMO Hayden may be the weakest link.
Unless I see big improvement in the next two weeks, they should cut Hayden and Trent Richardson. Raiders will be better than last year, but they still need alot of work, hope next year we can get above 500.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:47 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Unless I see big improvement in the next two weeks, they should cut Hayden and Trent Richardson. Raiders will be better than last year, but they still need alot of work, hope next year we can get above 500.
Hayden might be okay as a backup, but Richardson has shown nothing that would suggest they keep him.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:33 AM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Hayden showed a lot of potential in college, but he should've improved enough by now to be a starter we could count on. Richardson just mystifies me. He played well against some very good teams in the SEC, and IIRC our blocking scheme favors his running style, but the big gains just aren't there.

Speaking of running backs, anyone know why the Raiders are being so tight-lipped on whatever's ailing Helu? As a Nebraska fan, I know he brings a ton of talent and a great attitude, so he should be able to contribute quite a bit, but he's not helping anyone, including himself, if he can't play. Is he being seen by the same "doctors" who couldn't seem to figure out what was wrong with Streater either?

Get notified of new replies

To Oakland Raiders

Old 08-24-2015, 08:38 PM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Hayden showed a lot of potential in college, but he should've improved enough by now to be a starter we could count on. Richardson just mystifies me. He played well against some very good teams in the SEC, and IIRC our blocking scheme favors his running style, but the big gains just aren't there.

Speaking of running backs, anyone know why the Raiders are being so tight-lipped on whatever's ailing Helu? As a Nebraska fan, I know he brings a ton of talent and a great attitude, so he should be able to contribute quite a bit, but he's not helping anyone, including himself, if he can't play. Is he being seen by the same "doctors" who couldn't seem to figure out what was wrong with Streater either?
I think Streater had ammonia and lost a lot of weight and they where trying to get him back up to weight before he played and Helu I think he coming back this week.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:02 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by folsomlarry
Hayden might be okay as a backup, but Richardson has shown nothing that would suggest they keep him.
Yeah might half to, since the Raiders are so thin at corner, but we have more than enough RB so Richardson should be gone. This game coming up against Arizona, will give us a peak at what the Raiders might be like this season. The starters should play up to halftime and maybe a few series in the third quarter. Will see what happens. Go Raiders.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:49 PM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Well, that was disappointing. Don't even get me started by saying "It's just preseason". This is as close to a dress rehearsal as we'll get before the Cincy game, and our "upgraded" O-line can't even help us get 50 yards rushing, our passing looks frantic and Streater may or may not be injured again, but he certainly didn't help himself with those bobbled attempts at catches. OTOH, the defense showed some encouraging signs of life and Janikowski usually gives us a decent chance at 3 points when we can't get in the end zone. Something tells me we'll wear out his leg this season.
I was cautiously optimistic about a .500 or better season, but we've got too many things to resolve before we even think about that.

Quick Reply: Oakland Raiders