Northern California Northern California

Looking for a dealer who will deal

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Ken Erickson
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for a dealer who will deal

With the lose of my '07 I need to conceder looking for a replacement. Thinking about a ’12 GS vert or even the ’13 with the LS8 motor. I’m looking for a dealer, local or Internet based, who will deal – below cost. The local, south bay dealers won’t so I’ve done the Internet purchase my last two (C5 & C6) with great results.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:06 PM
RedSSR
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 104 Likes on 25 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

I was very happy with Tim Boone at Boardwalk and the deal I got on my ZR1. Check with Tim.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Ken Erickson
Racer

Originally Posted by RedSSR
I was very happy with Tim Boone at Boardwalk and the deal I got on my ZR1. Check with Tim.
Last time I talked with Boardwalk (just before I bought my '07) they wouldn't deal - list price only. No thanks. There are enough dealers out there that want to deal. I just need to find them.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:38 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

We would be happy to make you a great deal. Depending on MSRP, there is usually about $6,500-$7,500 in savings, possible more. We have allocations for an order and I'd be happy to put you on the phone with Derek Abel to sort out the specifics. We are usually at least $1,000 below invoice, plus all available incentives on top of that.

Feel free to call or PM and I will get you in contact with him
Old 05-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Exotica
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 52 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06
We would be happy to make you a great deal. Depending on MSRP, there is usually about $6,500-$7,500 in savings, possible more. We have allocations for an order and I'd be happy to put you on the phone with Derek Abel to sort out the specifics. We are usually at least $1,000 below invoice, plus all available incentives on top of that.

Certainly worth giving Rich an opportunity at your business. He does more for the local Vette community than any other vendor in the Bay Area and offers discounted pricing on all parts and service to forum members.

At least start your search there.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Scottkrough
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotica
Certainly worth giving Rich an opportunity at your business. He does more for the local Vette community than any other vendor in the Bay Area and offers discounted pricing on all parts and service to forum members.

At least start your search there.

My next new Vette will come from Abel for sure..
Old 05-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Ken Erickson
Racer

Originally Posted by RichieRichZ06

Richie,

I just might do that. Just waiting for the insurance comp to get back to me regarding my claim.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:18 PM
GotCorvette?
Team Owner

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry about your car being stolen, but the silver lining is that your insurance company will probably give you more for it than you could have gotten from a dealer for trading it in. Hope it all works out for you.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:43 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Ken Erickson
Richie,

I just might do that. Just waiting for the insurance comp to get back to me regarding my claim.
Just let me know if there's anything we can do to help.

Thanks for the referrals guys, it's nice when forum members give us the chance to earn their business
Old 05-03-2012, 06:00 PM
meldog21
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll add a recommendation for Richie and Abel.

If you are just looking for the absolute lowest price, Abel may or may not be able to match it.

If you are looking for a great price and the best customer service over the time of your ownership, then Abel would be the place.

Dog
Old 05-04-2012, 01:33 PM
mike925
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the lose of my '07 I need to conceder looking for a replacement. Thinking about a ’12 GS vert or even the ’13 with the LS8 motor. I’m looking for a dealer, local or Internet based, who will deal – below cost. The local, south bay dealers won’t so I’ve done the Internet purchase my last two (C5 & C6) with great results.
Since you're in San Jose... I bought my 2011 1LT from Courtesy SJ around September of last year. I looked up Kerbeck online (largest dealer in US as i understand), and called SJ and asked them to match the price. It happened to be 40,995 on a MSRP 50,995. They said they'd match it (which they did), but actually had the car stickered on the lot for 40,995. Made it quite easy on me, didn't ask for anything more, just took the deal. I'm not going to give them praise for their service though, look elsewhere.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
HalfMoon
Melting Slicks

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by RedSSR
Last time I talked with Boardwalk (just before I bought my '07) they wouldn't deal - list price only. No thanks. There are enough dealers out there that want to deal. I just need to find them.
Call Tim before you decide anything, being local he was able to give me the prices he lists here, plus discounts I qualified for and I save a lot over the other dealers I called in the area. Most dealerships told me with confidence that Boardwalk was not going to deliver on the quoted price, and they were wrong.

Here's his current GS posting, but remember he only works Mon-Fri, if I remember right.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-d...chevrolet.html
Old 05-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Ken Erickson
Racer

Originally Posted by mike925
Since you're in San Jose... I bought my 2011 1LT from Courtesy SJ around September of last year. I looked up Kerbeck online (largest dealer in US as i understand), and called SJ and asked them to match the price. It happened to be 40,995 on a MSRP 50,995. They said they'd match it (which they did), but actually had the car stickered on the lot for 40,995. Made it quite easy on me, didn't ask for anything more, just took the deal. I'm not going to give them praise for their service though, look elsewhere.
When I went looking to get my '07 Courtesy wouldn't move below MSRP - non starter for me. Maybe the local dealers have woke up to the fact that there are other dealers out there that will deal. I'll have to try again.

It's looking more and more like I will be looking to get the '13 GS convertible with the LS7 engine. Best (or close to) of both worlds.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:38 PM
mike925
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I went looking to get my '07 Courtesy wouldn't move below MSRP - non starter for me. Maybe the local dealers have woke up to the fact that there are other dealers out there that will deal. I'll have to try again.

It's looking more and more like I will be looking to get the '13 GS convertible with the LS7 engine. Best (or close to) of both worlds.
I called them on the phone ahead of time, back and forth a few times so the sales guy could check with his manager, etc... But beyond just the "sticker", they had the price on top of the windshield in large stickers. So they had it on the lot for $10K off MSRP. However, i believe it was more online which led me to thinking i'd have to negotiate. Either a change in attitude, or for some reason they decided to advertise them at the time for less on the lot.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:59 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Another for Rich at Abel. I've know and dealt with Rich for years and he has helped me out numerous times as well as other Corvette owners in the community. He is a great guy, honest and fair. Willie

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a dealer who will deal

Quick Reply: Looking for a dealer who will deal