9 year old boy fighting for his life

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 02:33 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Has Bryan made it there to see him yet? He has a special gift for Devon from my family.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Devonsmom
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DUMAN
Has Bryan made it there to see him yet? He has a special gift for Devon from my family.
Yes he did and he is still here but he sent it out before he came a few days and it is proudly displayed on his shelf in his room thank you very much!!!!! When I figure out how to take a picture and put it on here I will post it also
Old 11-27-2013, 03:13 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Devonsmom
Yes he did and he is still here but he sent it out before he came a few days and it is proudly displayed on his shelf in his room thank you very much!!!!! When I figure out how to take a picture and put it on here I will post it also
That's Great I am glad Bryan made it and gets to spend some time there. Devon's picture is on our kitchen counter and my Boys ask regularly how he is. Thank God for the news of his recovery and prayers for what lays ahead. :bluean gel:
Old 11-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Devonsmom
Heel & Toe

That's Great I am glad Bryan made it and gets to spend some time there. Devon's picture is on our kitchen counter and my Boys ask regularly how he is. Thank God for the news of his recovery and prayers for what lays ahead. :bluean gel:
That is so awesome that gives me chills! Thank you guys so much I will have to tell Devon later when I go back up there!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:53 PM
FF1wms
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

Originally Posted by teddyca
I just cried reading this. Bryan I cant imagine ANYONE ever having to deal with this. As a father it would break my heart. I am SOO glad to hear Devon is doing better. As a long Corvette friend please let me know if there is ANYTHING the Souza's can do to help. Our very best wishes to Devon.

Teddy
Hey Teddy.

Thanks a lot. Yes we have been friend for quite a while now.
You were there before, during and after Angie passed away.
It' been a while, we need to hook up for a cold one.

Bryan
Old 12-04-2013, 10:04 PM
FF1wms
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13

Hey Daniel.

I just got back from Ohio late last night.
I checked in Ohio for those things we were talking about, but can't get them there either. Still looking for "kits".

Bryan
Old 08-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Devonsmom
Heel & Toe

Default Devon is home...here's his update :-)

Hello corvette friends!! It has been an extremely long time since I updated this post, I apologize. I have some great news although Devon has not made a complete 100% recovery he's making great strides every day! I pleased to report after our 110 day stay after his accident he has been in and out of the hospital on occasion because of being diagnosed with cyclic vomiting syndrome and for surgery for the brain bleed that was found.*

But as of today Devon is walking with little to no assistance (he does have leg braces). He is talking up a storm and is a chatter box. He doesn't take food by mouth so he does have a gj tube that he receives his meds and nutrition threw. He's proven to be a miracle and I wanted to thank you for the cards sent to him and prayers!

I am pleased to also announce the Columbus, Ohio Nationwide Children's Hospital has chosen Devon to share his story and be recognized at their annual Nationwide Children's Hospital Miracle Mile Marathon(the link to "meet Devon" is below). I have designed shirts for his supporters that are unable to participate in the marathon. I have included the link below also. If you would like to purchase a shirt to support Devon, we would appreciate it greatly and would like a picture of you or a group wearing his shirt in front of your corvettes :-) Thank you all for being such a great support system!!! Heather

Tshirts $16/$17(depends on style); long sleeve $18; hoodies $29
Order at:
http://teespring.com/teamdevon

You can also see him featured for the marathon here:

http://www.nationwidechildrens.org/marathon-miracle-mile-patients#meet-devon
Old 08-09-2014, 12:50 AM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Wow, that is great news
It may have taken some time but it is very heartwarming to read of the progress Devon has made.
More prayers for Devon
Old 08-09-2014, 03:10 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Didn't realize how old this post was....

Glad to hear about the recovery! Prayers sent for further healing/recovery.

Last edited by MotoJB; 08-09-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Devonsmom
Heel & Toe

Thank you everyone! It's been amazing the support we have received from the forum! I am proud my dad belongs to such an amazing group of people!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Devonsmom
Heel & Toe

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/story/news/local/2014/08/12/licking-county-children-chosen-patient-champions/13974417/

Devon made it into our local paper :-) Just wanted to share with you all!
Old 09-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Received my shirt the other day. I hope to get a chance to take some pics with it and the car soon. Hope Devon continues to make progress!
Old 09-11-2014, 10:52 PM
redtopz
Melting Slicks

Received 44 Likes on 27 Posts

I hope Devon is doing well. Is he still a corvette fan? I have a 12" replica commemorative edition ZO6 that I would like to give him if you think he would like it. PM me your address if interested. I can send along a racing trophy and checkered flag with it too.

Bill.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:31 PM
31coupe
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Done

God bless him
Old 10-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Kvothe
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Quick Reply: 9 year old boy fighting for his life