Northern California Northern California

radar dectectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 03:58 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Boat Racer
I get occasional false laser alarms also on my V1. The thing that irritates me more than that, is that I get strong false K band alarms from the traffic flow sensors on some freeways despite being in L mode. (I think it's worse during commute hours as other times when I drive through those same areas, I don't get the false alarms). I have an older model V1 that doesn't have the filter for that problem.
But whatever these traffic flow sensors are they don't set off the laser portion of V1 do they?
My V-1 is from 2005 and I have another one from 2006 or 2007.
Old 11-22-2014, 12:24 PM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by LS WON
But whatever these traffic flow sensors are they don't set off the laser portion of V1 do they?
My V-1 is from 2005 and I have another one from 2006 or 2007.
No, they don't set off the laser alarm. They just set off a high strength and sudden K band alarm.
Old 11-22-2014, 02:24 PM
MotoJB
Le Mans Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

V1 with blendmount...haven't installed it yet though.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:45 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

No, they don't set off the laser alarm. They just set off a high strength and sudden K band alarm.
I see. I don't get any false alarms on KA band. When that goes off it is usually CHP or police.
So whatever sets off the laser alarm is something else and or the CHP when I see them out pointing laser gun at cars.
I wonder if V-1 has any kind of upgrades against the LED lights and or adaptive cruise control on other cars that maybe setting off the laser portion?
Old 11-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LS WON
I see. I don't get any false alarms on KA band. When that goes off it is usually CHP or police.
So whatever sets off the laser alarm is something else and or the CHP when I see them out pointing laser gun at cars.
I wonder if V-1 has any kind of upgrades against the LED lights and or adaptive cruise control on other cars that maybe setting off the laser portion?
Yeah, I rarely get false alarms on KA band so when it goes off I pay attention as usually it's due to LEO activity.

I hope they come out with a new upgrade feature for the V1 to filter out the false laser alarms. That and the filter for the false K band alarms from the road sensors would be worth the $200 upgrade cost.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:27 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Yeah, I rarely get false alarms on KA band so when it goes off I pay attention as usually it's due to LEO activity.

I hope they come out with a new upgrade feature for the V1 to filter out the false laser alarms. That and the filter for the false K band alarms from the road sensors would be worth the $200 upgrade cost.
Up here the only bands I find useful are KA and the laser so that's what I have in Logic mode. I get more falses on laser than kA. In fact I do not recall any falses on KA since buying this V-1 in 2005 and putting it in Logic Mode. Removed X, K bands which are useless up here and full of falses.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:26 AM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

CHP uses KA band. I'm in Sacramento and KA usually goes off often on freeway 80. I have all other band turn off as well except for KA.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:24 AM
Boat Racer
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Kouasupra
CHP uses KA band. I'm in Sacramento and KA usually goes off often on freeway 80. I have all other band turn off as well except for KA.
Yeah, KA band detection is the most valuable for sure. I have X turned off and K "detuned" to not come on unless a strong signal for an extended amount of time. That filter usually works well except for the damn traffic sensors during commute hours on some freeways. I thought about turning K completely off also but I think the County Sheriff cars and local town cops still use it.

Quick Reply: radar dectectors