Northern California Northern California

Mammoth, Devils Postpile, Yosemite Road Trip – September 20-21 2014

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 04:47 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by xlr8rvette
grzldvt1, thank you for speaking up. I was under the same impression you were when I read the original post. Sounds like a stupid run to me...No thanks !
Thanks..... You and I have been around this forum for many years nuff said
Old 08-04-2014, 04:52 AM
TitaniumZ51
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yawn... Your C5 crash and your C6 taken out by a Safeway truck so you say.

People who lecture and brag. Boooring! Give it a rest!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by TitaniumZ51
Yawn... Your C5 crash and your C6 taken out by a Safeway truck so you say.

People who lecture and brag. Boooring! Give it a rest!
LOL You are a clown. Yes my C6 was taken out by a Safeway truck I have the police report that proves it was 51% Safeways fault. Henceforth a 10K repaint on my C6, which I can scan and post the bills, and the insurance claim, but won't waste my time for you.

Man what is your deal I call you out for claiming multiple crashes on my runs which you ignore and can't prove, henceforth making you look like an idiot in front of all these people.

You point to one crash that I fully admit was my stupidity, but in no way shape form had the consequences of the said above run on an incredibly busy road, full of tourists that have no clue what they are doing

You try to make it look like C6 Safeway incident is my fault, of which I have full proof it is not. I have the police report, which clearly states it is 51% Safeway's fault and insurance bills that also clearly state it was not my fault, which I can scan in and a 10k repaint on my C6 paid for by Safeway.

Just to be clear, on the Safeway incident, I was sitting inline on 880, 200+ yards from the 238 crossover a Safeway truck cut in as a dive bomber, behind me. Next thing I know my C6, under 1000 miles, is getting pushed along not under my control. I look in my rear view mirror and see nothing but giant white truck pushing me. What part of I was totally out of control did you miss here? Explain to me what part of this was my fault and being totally out of control? Come into my shop and you can see the C6 bumper and all it's damage hanging on the front lobby wall.

I believe my posts on the incident are very, very clear, and those that have known me, on this forum, for many years and come to my shop, can attest to my honesty and upstanding moral character and will verify my postings.

Go into a park as busy as Yosemite you need to set the expectation that this will be under the speed limit and normal times to travel will be slower than expected due to the tourists. Anything less is cruising for a disaster. After doing 10+ runs in Yosemite with 15+ cars I know the drill more than most and never in my wildest dreams would make a statement that we will be pushing the limits of our cars due to altitude or any other reason.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:01 AM
TitaniumZ51
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, do you have nothing better to do but post all night? Give it a rest. This rant is how old?

Not wasting my breathe or time on you anymore. You really have some deep seeded issues.

Pfft........
Old 08-13-2014, 10:40 PM
m3dragon
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a reminder that deadline to go is September 8th for group rate on the hotels. After that you are on your own to book a room.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:41 PM
fruitsalad
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
Sorry but I have to say something, normally I could care less about these cruises, but being an almost weekly visitor to the areas you are promoting from May through October and have an intimate knowledge of the areas you are going into, I have to jump in for the safety of others.
I am really curious as to how you are going to give your car a "workout" without endangering lives of the participants, those on the road and animal life, especially in Yosemite, where stupid driving from the thousands of tourists is the norm. Yes, September is somewhat quieter, but they are still out there, and trust me even in October I have seen some unbelievable driving from tourists on Tioga Road and the Valley.
You seem to be promoting fast driving that should be left for the track, not the streets, especially those areas loaded with tourists that stop for no reason on Tioga Road because they THINK they saw a bear or a deer.
Would be really interesting to see a whole caravan pulled over at Olmsted Point by the hidden radar Park Police for race car driving, or a whole caravan crashing into each other because you are giving your cars a "workout" and have to avoid someone stopped taking pics of Mt Clark Range on Tioga road.
Trust me I have seen it.

Plus as an organizer promoting giving your caravan a workout are you ready/insured to take on the liability of those actions?
Originally Posted by xlr8rvette
grzldvt1, thank you for speaking up. I was under the same impression you were when I read the original post. Sounds like a stupid run to me...No thanks !
The existence of oxygen thieves like you two is a mother****ing immense disservice to society.

Last edited by fruitsalad; 08-15-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:59 AM
m3dragon
Advanced

Reminder this is the last week for group rates on hotel. After this week you will need to book your own room or camp site.

Register for Mammoth Here
Old 02-11-2015, 04:24 PM
m3dragon
Advanced

Well better late than never. Sorry for the long delay on the event recap.

For all the images of the trip see the album link here:
http://www.raddrives.com/albums/2014...rip/index.html

Here is a great video from one of the participants.
https://vimeo.com/108736884

Event Recap:

Saturday everyone meet up at the coffee meeting point. There was a little concern as there was a wild fire in El Dorado that was near the route we were going. Thankfully it was well west of the roads we were traveling so all we had was little smoke.

The first part of the drive was good. We hit a little traffic as expected but after a short way the road opened up. We made great time and picked up one member of the group in Plymouth as they lived in that area. First stop and restroom break was Merkleeville.

After Merkleeville we headed over the range to 395 and Mono Lake for lunch. The weather was clear and sunny with just a few wisps of clouds.

Before leaving Mono Lake Visitor center we made a group call to see if we stop and see the Tuffa Rocks. The group said yes and we made a slight plan change to go see the rocks by the lake. We almost had an incident there which you might see in the photos. A Honda parked between two trip members and all of us were wondering what they were thinking. Thankfully no damage to anyone's doors even though you wonder how they got out.

After Mono Lake we headed to the Devils post pile to see the rock formations there before calling it a day. These rock formation only are seen in a few places around the world so it is well worth the short hike.

Sunday Recap
Today was all about making it to Yosemite. The group first made a detour to June Lake which was very calm and serine. Made for some great shots and a fun little detour before hitting the busy park.

After the lake stop we hit the park. We made stops to see the usual big items before making our way to Yosemite Village for lunch.

This trip of course had a lot more going on and this recap just touches the surface of what we did. While it was a weekend run we did A LOT. We hope to do this run again but make it a three day run so we have more time to see things.

For more details of the trip, see the albums to see all the fun you missed on this trip. Hope to see some of you on future trips.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:03 AM
JrRifleCoach
Team Owner

Location: Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Received 640 Likes on 444 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Quick Reply: Mammoth, Devils Postpile, Yosemite Road Trip – September 20-21 2014