Northern California Northern California

Sacramento Mechanic/Help?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 10:07 PM
ThisJustIn
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sacramento Mechanic/Help?

Hey all I've had my C5 for a few months now and need a few things done: oil pressure sender, brakes and rotors (have the parts), and help swapping out the front turn signal housings. But need your help for a shop or weekend warrior to help with these things and have no idea where or even start.

Abel is an option but I'd like something a little closer.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:52 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Abel is the best hands down.
Yeah it's a little far away.
Bit worth every mile.

I drive 1,5 hours to have my c6 worked on. They are corvette owners and races that know everything inside out on these cars. Richierichz06 is the man wen it comes to these cars and knowing what to do or have done to them. And Abel is the shop. Yes you may have other options. But. Oh well enough said.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:47 PM
Jeffro_510
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Ptroxx, i think i drive more than 1.5 hours to go there
Old 09-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Is2scooby
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts

Abel gets my vote. Rich and the team there is rock solid.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:34 PM
SLPRC5
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Is2scooby
Abel gets my vote. Rich and the team there is rock solid.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:59 AM
folsomlarry
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Abel is about an hours drive from Folsom, and if you take the river road it's a nice drive. Give Rich a call and set up an appointment to get the work done.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:17 AM
Vette Dreemz
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Abel?????

Originally Posted by folsomlarry
Abel is about an hours drive from Folsom, and if you take the river road it's a nice drive. Give Rich a call and set up an appointment to get the work done.
I see the great reviews for Abel, but not a single word about which way to travel an hour from Folsom, North, South, East, and depending on your speed, West. Might get wet if you travel too fast. I also need some work done and another question regarding their work. My work would involve a leak at the transmission joint with with differential and perhaps a clutch while it is all apart. Good time to do one with the other. The work would involve more than a day, do they have loaner cars so I can get home, or do you know of a rental place there? Thanks for any information you might provide.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:35 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

I've known Rich for years. I have had my C6Z worked on by Abel for warranty work. You'll find none better. If I was the op, I would save the money you would spend to have someone else repair your car and buy a factory service manual and some tools and do it yourself. The repairs you have listed are not difficult for you to perform. It'll be nice to be able to do some of the simple wrenching yourself and not depend on someone else. You will save time, money and have the confidence that the work was done correctly. I think that people who drive performance cars should be able to make simple repairs and maintain them. My .02
Old 09-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Vette Dreemz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 383vett
I've known Rich for years. I have had my C6Z worked on by Abel for warranty work. You'll find none better. If I was the op, I would save the money you would spend to have someone else repair your car and buy a factory service manual and some tools and do it yourself. The repairs you have listed are not difficult for you to perform. It'll be nice to be able to do some of the simple wrenching yourself and not depend on someone else. You will save time, money and have the confidence that the work was done correctly. I think that people who drive performance cars should be able to make simple repairs and maintain them. My .02
Thanks for getting back to me on my request, although you have neglected to let me know where in the world Abel is located, you know like at least the town or maybe the name of the shop. As to the easy repairs needed, I understand that the entire rear assemble needs to be lowered making it less time consuming to do the work required to change the clutch as well as to repair the leak at the transmission. I do not have a shop area to do this work, not to mention my age, 75 in two weeks. Change the plugs??? Pain in the neck, but I can do that,but change the clutch, probably not.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:22 PM
383vett
Race Director

Originally Posted by Vette Dreemz
Thanks for getting back to me on my request, although you have neglected to let me know where in the world Abel is located, you know like at least the town or maybe the name of the shop. As to the easy repairs needed, I understand that the entire rear assemble needs to be lowered making it less time consuming to do the work required to change the clutch as well as to repair the leak at the transmission. I do not have a shop area to do this work, not to mention my age, 75 in two weeks. Change the plugs??? Pain in the neck, but I can do that,but change the clutch, probably not.
Ok, excuse accepted. Abel is in Rio Vista
Old 09-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Vette Dreemz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 383vett
Ok, excuse accepted. Abel is in Rio Vista
What I remember about Rio Vista is that it is only about the equivalent of 4 blocks long. This is from a few years ago when they hosted the Crawdad Festival. Great time for all. Even taking my age into account, I can probably find the shop. I will call ahead of time. Thanks for the information. Vince
Old 09-10-2014, 09:29 PM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

What I remember about Rio Vista is that it is only about the equivalent of 4 blocks long. This is from a few years ago when they hosted the Crawdad Festival. Great time for all. Even taking my age into account, I can probably find the shop. I will call ahead of time. Thanks for the information. Vince
You cant miss Abel in Rio Vista... Its on the west side of the bridge on hwy 12......
Old 09-10-2014, 09:29 PM
383vett
Race Director

It's now 5 blocks long.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:50 AM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone. AS a matter of fact, Rio Vista now has a couple street lights in town.

To answer the OP's questions, yes we do have a courtesy loaner car available while the work is being performed on your vehicle. For larger jobs like this we also offer a pickup and delivery service if making the drive down here is difficult. Only my best techs do the type of work that you need and I can assure your complete satisfaction because I oversee all the work in the shop.

If you want to call me here at the dealership we can discuss what needs to be done and quote a price. The number here is 707-374-6317 and I'm at extension 123. You can also ask for Rich in Service/Parts, Rich the "Corvette" guy, Richie Rich or "that guy there that deals with all the Corvette stuff" and they know where to transfer the call. You can also get me on email, which is listed under my contact info on here.

Give me a call or shoot me an email or PM and we can chat about what you need.

RICH
Old 09-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

I live in Sacramento also and I make the drive now to Abel if I need work done to my vette. Rich, Tony and Nick are awesome folks.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Vette Dreemz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kouasupra
I live in Sacramento also and I make the drive now to Abel if I need work done to my vette. Rich, Tony and Nick are awesome folks.
Thanks for getting back to me, Rich and I are already in contact concerning my needs. I really do appreciate all the responses I have received regarding this and several other concerns I have had with my car. Thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To Sacramento Mechanic/Help?

Quick Reply: Sacramento Mechanic/Help?