Northern California Northern California

Need a tune

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 12:38 AM
Psyco66
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a tune

Who around the area is the best tuner. Have a 06 z06 I am doing heads cam and all the other goodies. I am in the east bay but willing to go a fair distance. Just want to make sure they take the time and get the street maners dialed along with the dyno pulls. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:40 AM
ptroxx
Race Director

Location: Henderson Nv-Rohnert Park/Sonoma C o. ca/born in NY Rockaway Beach.
Received 544 Likes on 384 Posts

Rick at Synergy ..... But he is always busy so there could be a little wait.. but well worth the wait....

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-and-info.html
Old 10-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Kouasupra
Melting Slicks

Received 600 Likes on 258 Posts

Rick is the man!
Old 10-15-2014, 10:56 AM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 167 Likes on 148 Posts

Rick is the man to go to. His shop is now in Livermore.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:43 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Psyco66
Who around the area is the best tuner. Have a 06 z06 I am doing heads cam and all the other goodies. I am in the east bay but willing to go a fair distance. Just want to make sure they take the time and get the street maners dialed along with the dyno pulls. Thanks for your suggestions.
Who did the heads and cam? Rick is the man for the job.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:51 PM
Nosferatu333
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

getting tuned by matt of GP tuning Friday. Said he street tunes before car gets on dyno so that there are good street manners. Will inform you of my experience next week.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Psyco66
Heel & Toe

American Heritage is doing the heads up with there port work. Cam is coming from EPS/Cam Motion. I am doing the install myself.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:58 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

American Heritage is doing the heads up with there port work. Cam is coming from EPS/Cam Motion. I am doing the install myself.
Rick has some great custom cams and smog cams. FYI
Old 10-15-2014, 01:01 PM
Psyco66
Heel & Toe

Ya Rick uses Comp. I have heard of a lot of comp cams going flat. I know Cam Motion uses a higher quality core than comp. I am not apposed to using one of ricks cams just not on a comp cams core.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:02 PM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10

Ya Rick uses Comp. I have heard of a lot of comp cams going flat. I know Cam Motion uses a higher quality core than comp. I am not apposed to using one of ricks cams just not on a comp cams core.
That's good to know.
Old 10-15-2014, 01:29 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,012 Likes on 533 Posts

Cam Motion Core's are hands down the best on the market at the moment. They use an extreamly high quality aviation/aerospace steel. Many of the top fuel cars are running the exact same blank that cam motion supplies to its LS customers.
Pretty cool to think the same Cam blank from Cam Motion that is in your LS is the same cam blank that is in many top fuel cars.

Most Comp Cams cores are just fine and ok to run. The thing is that Comp sometimes (at least in the past) has had an issue with properly heat treating their blanks. A few years ago we had a rash of comp cams core's that were for lack of a better word falling apart from what appeared to be improper heat treatment (hardening).
We have seen this on stock super low mile OEM cams as well. We have never seen it with a cam motion blank. We have also installed lots of comp cams blanks that do not have any issues.
If it was my car I would put a Cam Motion blank in it. You can have a cam motion blank cut with any profile you want.

Last edited by American Heritage; 10-15-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:12 PM
BodaciousBlue
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nosferatu333
getting tuned by matt of GP tuning Friday. Said he street tunes before car gets on dyno so that there are good street manners. Will inform you of my experience next week.

Matt Gower owner of GP Tunning tuned my vette and it runs awesome. Matt's tuned several of my other vette buddies and they were all satisfied with is service. His prices are reasonable as well. If you choose to give Matt a try his phone number is 650-302-1574
Old 10-16-2014, 12:23 AM
smellya
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by American Heritage
Cam Motion Core's are hands down the best on the market at the moment. They use an extreamly high quality aviation/aerospace steel. Many of the top fuel cars are running the exact same blank that cam motion supplies to its LS customers.
Pretty cool to think the same Cam blank from Cam Motion that is in your LS is the same cam blank that is in many top fuel cars.

Most Comp Cams cores are just fine and ok to run. The thing is that Comp sometimes (at least in the past) has had an issue with properly heat treating their blanks. A few years ago we had a rash of comp cams core's that were for lack of a better word falling apart from what appeared to be improper heat treatment (hardening).
We have seen this on stock super low mile OEM cams as well. We have never seen it with a cam motion blank. We have also installed lots of comp cams blanks that do not have any issues.
If it was my car I would put a Cam Motion blank in it. You can have a cam motion blank cut with any profile you want.
Same thing happened with cam motion around 10 years ago... Or they where chunking off and going into your motor... But all of them have had problems over the years. Tune wise good luck with it.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:31 PM
lt1z
Melting Slicks

Received 170 Likes on 143 Posts

FWIW I offer custom cams on both Comp and Cam Motion cores at the same price. I use both but have my own lobes with CM

Get notified of new replies

To Need a tune

Quick Reply: Need a tune